The 700-acre forest fire in McDowell county burned for almost two days before firefighters were able to contain it.
Fire investigators say the blaze was started by wind-blown ashes from a partially extinguished debris pile. No injuries or property damage have been reported. Firefighters hoped today's rains would dampen fire dangers across the state.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.