Wilmington Woman Dies After Clothing Catches Fire

A 57-year-old Wilmington woman died yesterday morning after her clothing caught fire.

Police say Shirley McFaddin came out of her apartment and cried for help. A neighbor tried to extinguish the flames, but it was too late.

Police think the fire was accidental and might have happened while McFaddin was smoking a cigarette.

The apartment building manager says tenants at the building either are over the age of 55 or have a disability.

He also says there was no fire damage to the apartment.


275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5426591 - witn.com/a?a=5426591
Gray Television, Inc.