Grandmother & Her Grandson Perish In House Fire

Doris Purkett, and her grandson Shaquille, died in a house fire on Monroe Street in Plymouth Sunday morning. Authorities say when firemen arrived on the scene, smoke had enveloped the house. Shaquille's brother was able to escape the fire with minor injures. Doris's daughter, Carolyn, is struggling with grief, and remembering how wonderful her mom was. There's no immediate indication of what started the fire. Officers say autopsies will be performed on both victims to determine their cause of death.


275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4888611 -
Gray Television, Inc.