From the National Weather Service:
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEWPORT HAS ISSUED A
* FLOOD WARNING FOR THE TAR RIVER AT GREENVILLE
* UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
* AT 11 AM SATURDAY THE STAGE WAS...14.1 FEET
* MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MAJOR FLOODING IS FORECAST
* FLOOD STAGE IS 13.0 FEET
* THE RIVER ROSE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE LATE YESTERDAY EVENING AND WILL CONTINUE RISING TO NEAR 19.9 FEET BY TUESDAY EVENING THEN BEGIN FALLING.
* AT 20.0 FEET...WATER WILL FLOOD SEVERAL HOMES NEAR THE RIVER. WATER WILL BEGIN TO FLOOD TOWN COMMONS AND ADJACENT AREAS IN THE CITY OF GREENVILLE. WATER WILL START TO ENTER THE MAIN DELIVERY ELECTRIC POWER SUBSTATION ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE RIVER. WATER ALSO BEGINS TO ENTER THE GREENVILLE UTILITIES WATER TREATMENT PLANT. MANY ACRES
OF FARMLAND FLOODED.
Stay tuned to WITN-7 for the latest.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.