A Kinston family is slowly picking up the pieces to get their lives back on track after fire destroyed their home just before the holidays.
On December 16, Margaret Smith came home from work to find her kitchen scorched and her apartment unlivable thanks to heavy smoke damage from a grease fire that began on the stove. After the fire, Smith and her family stayed with friends.
This week, the family of five moved into a new apartment in Kinston. Smith says while the holidays were a challenge, she calls herself a survivor and has only grown stronger through the experience.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.