Officials say its the worst time of year for house fires, and that was unfortunately proved in Pitt County Saturday afternoon.
Thomas James Patrick can only look at his home after a fire ravaged the front of it Saturday afternoon around 1:30. According to Patrick, he was in the front room at his house at 2437 May Drive when he heard some popping, and noticed his curtains were on fire. Patrick says he quickly grabbed his wife and got out, with luckily no one getting injured. Fire officials say the house just had its smoke alarm changed less than a month ago, and now American Red Cross officials have come into help the family deal with the loss.
Red Cross officials arrived on the scene quickly, saying that they want to help a family within ten minutes of a disaster striking.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.