A widow claims a towel left inside her husband caused his eventual death. Attorneys for Cathy Webb say her husband, Joseph, went into the Wilson Medical Center to have surgery on his pancreas when the surgeon, Doctor Roger Thurman left an 18 inch long, six inch wide towel inside him. Webb was transported to Pitt County Memorial Hospital where the towel was later removed, but Webb died nearly 12 days later.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.