A fire this morning at a Greenville apartment complex damaged one unit and forced the evacuation of several others.
It happened at Pirates Cove Apartments on East 10th Street just before 9:00 a.m.
Greenville firefighters say the fire apparently started in the kitchen of a third floor apartment where no one was home. Greenville firefighters say a tenant turned on the wrong burner on her stove and left it unattended. The fire broke out on the third floor while two people were in the apartment. The fire was confined to one unit, but Greenville police helped evacuate the rest of the apartment buiilding which included about a dozen units.
Firefighters say no one was injured.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.