Updated: Fire Forces Evacuation At Pirates Cove, Firefighters Now Know Why

By: Bill Wilson
By: Bill Wilson

A fire this morning at a Greenville apartment complex damaged one unit and forced the evacuation of several others.

It happened at Pirates Cove Apartments on East 10th Street just before 9:00 a.m.

Greenville firefighters say the fire apparently started in the kitchen of a third floor apartment where no one was home. Greenville firefighters say a tenant turned on the wrong burner on her stove and left it unattended. The fire broke out on the third floor while two people were in the apartment. The fire was confined to one unit, but Greenville police helped evacuate the rest of the apartment buiilding which included about a dozen units.

Firefighters say no one was injured.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13525177 - witn.com/a?a=13525177
Gray Television, Inc.