Candle Used for Light Starts House Fire

A fire in Greenville Monday morning started from a candle the family was using for light because they had no electricity. Now five children and three adults are homeless. Officials say the fire started just after 7:30 a.m. at an apartment on Third Street. Fire fighters say the candle was on the floor when it caught a mattress on fire. The American Red Cross has stepped in to help provide motel rooms, food, and extra clothing. No one was home at the time of the fire.


WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1343847 - witn.com/a?a=1343847