The Roanoke Rapids City Council plans to meet in a closed-door session Tuesday night to discuss the city's contract with Randy Parton.
The city released 178 pages of documents Monday detailing how
Parton's production company spent more than $2.1 million in city
money to launch his namesake theatre.
Roanoke Rapids mayor pro-tem Reggie Baird said the new documents
don't have any "red flags" like paperwork released last week that showed Parton spent money on liquor and at Las Vegas shows.
Mayor Drewery Beale has said Parton will not perform at the theatre anytime soon. The city has already slashed Parton's compensation and transferred production duties to a Boston-based company.
The city borrowed $21.5 million to build the 1,500-seat theatre as part of an entertainment hub off Interstate 95.