Kitchen Fire Cited as Cause For Blaze in Wilson

A kitchen fire in Wilson misplaced a building full of tenants on East Nash Street Tuesday. Fire officials are citing a neglected stove as the cause of the blaze but are not saying if charges will be filed.

Wilson fire educators are urging all residents to take even more precautions this holiday season when it comes to fire safety. In the city of Wilson alone last December, there were 10 house fires, 18 in January and 19 in February.

Tenants misplaced in Tuesday's fire say they are just glad to have escaped with their lives.

The Wilson-Greene County Chapter of the American Red Cross is taking donations to help the four misplaced tenants of Tuesday's fire.


WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1148007 - witn.com/a?a=1148007