WITN Entertainment News
Dozens Flock To Niagara Falls For "Rare" Spectacle
Niagara Falls saw more visitors on Wednesday than might be expected on a typical winter's day.
Facebook To Drop Posts For Illegal Gun Sales
- Under pressure from gun control advocates, Facebook has agreed to delete posts from users selling illegal guns or offering weapons for sale without background checks.
'Housewives' Couple Plead Guilty To Fraud In NJ
- Husband-and-wife members of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" cast have pleaded guilty to fraud.
RadioShack To Close Up To 1,100 US Stores
- RadioShack plans to close up to 1,100 of its underperforming stores in the U.S. and reported a wider loss for its fourth quarter as traffic slowed during the critical holiday season.
Oscar Moments: The Winners, The Memories
- The 86th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles were full of glitz, glamor, and even record-breaking tweets on Sunday night.
SURVEY: American Kids Aren't Getting Enough Sleep Thanks To Electronic Devices
- From the day babies are born parents shush, sing, rock and pretty much do whatever they can to get their kids to sleep.
2 Shot At Crowded Hotel Party After CIAA Tournament
- A basketball tournament in Charlotte ended with violence at a party at a hotel that featured rapper Sean "Diddy" Combs.
Disney Ends Funding To Boy Scouts Over Gay Policy
- The Walt Disney Company will cut funding to the Boy Scouts of America beginning in 2015 because of a policy that bans gay adult leaders in the organization.
NBC Says Thousands Of Illegal Video Stopped
- NBC says it worked with Olympic officials to stop some 45,000 instances of illegally posted video or pirate streams that surfaced to show competition during the Sochi games.
Baldwin To Play Meddling Newsman On 'Law & Order'
- Alec Baldwin is putting a twist on his rocky relationship with the media: He's playing a meddling newspaperman on a NBC drama.
"The Voice" Returns Tonight
- "The Voice" returns for Season Six tonight on NBC.
Seth Meyers Takes Over As Host Of NBC's "Late Night"
- The premiere-week lineup of guests for "Late Night with Seth Meyers" includes an eclectic mix of stars from film, television, music and politics.
CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Mid-Air Bird Strike
- The pilot of a small plane lands safely in Florida after a bird hits his windshield in mid flight. The incident was captured on camera.
Maria Von Trapp, 99, Dies In Vermont
- Maria von Trapp, the last surviving member and second-eldest daughter of the musical family whose escape from Nazi-occupied Austria was the basis for "The Sound of Music," has died. She was 99.
NC Native James Taylor Appears In Anti-Fracking TV Ad
- North Carolina native and singer-songwriter James Taylor is starring in a television ad for an environmental group urging viewers to challenge efforts to allow natural gas exploration in the state through fracking.
Cee Lo Green: I'm Not Returning To 'The Voice'
- Cee Lo Green says he's quitting as a coach on "The Voice."
Fallon Makes First Appearance As Host Of NBC's "Tonight Show"
- Jimmy Fallon made his debut as host of "The Tonight Show" Monday.
"The Tonight Show" Returns With New Host And New Location
- Tonight marks a historic moment for NBC as Jimmy Fallon becomes just the sixth host of "The Tonight Show" in 60 years.
MILLER: "Crazy Emotional Moment"
- American skier Bode Miller is responding to criticism of an NBC post-race interview by saying it was a "crazy emotional moment."
WATCH VIDEO: Deep Sea Discovery
- Two men were diving in Bluefish Cove off the coast of Point Lobos in Carmel, California when an enormous eight-legged sea creature emerged out of murky ocean depths.
WATCH VIDEO: Elderly Couple Go On First Date, Share Dating Advice
- Both 95-year-old Shave and 94-year-old Henning said the key to a great time on a date is to compliment the one you're with and enjoy the moment.
Comcast, Time Warner Cable Confirm $45.2B Deal
- Comcast Corp. will buy Time Warner Cable Inc. for about $45.2 billion in a deal that would combine the nation’s top two cable TV companies and create a dominant force in creating and delivering entertainment.
Duke At UNC Game Postponed Due To Winter Storm
- Wednesday night's rivalry game between No. 8 Duke and North Carolina has been postponed due to a storm that brought enough snow and ice to paralyze many area roads.
NBC's Tom Brokaw Diagnosed With Cancer
- NBC News says veteran newsman Tom Brokaw has cancer.
Shirley Temple, Iconic Child Star, Dies At 85
- Shirley Temple, the curly-haired child star who put smiles on the faces of Depression-era moviegoers, has died. She was 85.
More WITN Entertainment News