WITN Entertainment News
Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls
Updated: 3:16 AM
- Toys R Us is pulling its collectible dolls based on the characters of AMC's hit series "Breaking Bad" after taking heat from a Florida mom who launched a petition campaign last week.
Survey shows media differences due to politics
- Conservatives and liberals don't just disagree on politics. A study finds they also diverge sharply on which news sources they rely upon and trust.
'SNL' adds black woman to cast from writers room
- "Saturday Night Live" is giving its on-screen diversity another boost. NBC says the comic institution is adding Leslie Jones to its cast.
Oscar de la Renta, legendary designer, dead at 82
- Oscar de la Renta, who dressed first ladies, socialites and Hollywood stars for more than four decades, has died. He was 82.
Join WITN at the Down East Heart Walk on October 25th
- Take steps toward a stronger, healthier life. Join WITN and the American Heart Association at the Down East Heart Walk on Saturday, October 25th to help defeat heart disease and stroke.
SURVEY: Americans will spend $7.4 billion on Halloween this year, the most ever
- Consumers are on target to spend $7.4 billion on everything from candy and costumes to decorations this year, making Halloween bigger than ever.
Agritourism picks up during fall in North Carolina
- Agritourism is providing opportunities across North Carolina for a variety of activities, from going through pumpkin patches to navigating corn mazes.
17th annual "Smoke On The Water" festival this Friday & Saturday
- The 17th annual Smoke On The Water festival takes place this Friday and Saturday along the Washington waterfront
Grisham says child porn sentences too harsh
- Novelist John Grisham says the United States is handing out unduly harsh prison sentences for child pornography offenses to men who probably just had too much to drink and "pushed the wrong buttons."
Jay Leno returning to series TV with CNBC car show
- The new show, tentatively titled "Jay Leno's Garage" and based on his Emmy Award-winning Web series, will premiere in 2015, the network announced Wednesday.
HBO to offer stand-alone streaming service
- Premium cable channel HBO plans to offer a stand-alone version of its popular video-streaming service in 2015.
New romantic comedy "Marry Me" debuts tonight on NBC
- The new romantic comedy "Marry Me" debuts tonight on NBC, right after "The Voice."
Greenville officers rescue kitten from storm drain
- The weekend brought a bit of good news out of Greenville for a four-week-old kitten caught in a storm drain.
Judge says no concealed guns at State Fair
- At a hearing Monday afternoon in Raleigh,Grass Roots North Carolina sought a preliminary injunction.
Obama: 'Unequivocally committed' to net neutrality
- President Barack Obama says he is "unequivocally committed" to keeping the Internet free and open, a concept known as "net neutrality."
'7th Heaven' actor accused of child molestation
- New York police say they have an open investigation into allegations that veteran TV actor Stephen Collins molested a teenage girl in the early 1970s.
'Modern Family' actress granted restraining order
- "Modern Family" actress Sarah Hyland's ex-boyfriend has been ordered to stay away from the actress and not contact her for three years.
Wireless carriers starting to embrace Wi-Fi calling
- Wireless carriers are beginning to embrace the concept of Wi-Fi calling on smart phones.
Divorcees, housing costs put New Bern in 'Top 10' for stressful cities statewide
- Apparently the Colonial Capital, though rich in history, is also high in stress if you subscribe to the theory spelled out in a recently published report.
Maroon 5 and Adam Levine under fire for "Animal" music video
- Maroon 5 is under fire for a new music video to the song "Animal," in which Adam Levine portrays a man who works in a butcher shop and is stalking a woman. One national rape organization calls the video "dangerous."
'Real Housewives' husband gets 41 months in prison; wife gets 15 months
- A husband who appeared on the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" has been sentenced to more than three years in prison. A few hours later, Teresa Guidice was sentenced to 15 months in prison.
SNEAK PEEK: Legal comedy "Bad Judge" makes its debut tonight on NBC
- After almost a decade of medical drama, actress Kate Walsh is going for laughs as a judge who lives life on the edge.
Will Joe and Teresa go to prison? Sentencing is this morning
- It's about as real as it gets for reality TV stars Teresa Guidice and her husband, Joe, as they are scheduled to be sentenced on fraud charges today in U.S. District Court in New Jersey.
Grammy-winning Greenville grad returns home for concert
- A recent Grammy award winner from right here in the east is taking a trip home for a special performance on Thursday.
New romantic comedy "A to Z" premieres Thursday night on NBC
- New romantic comedy "A to Z" makes its debut on NBC Thursday night.
More WITN Entertainment News