WITN Entertainment News
Washington to celebrate freedom, remember fallen troops during Memorial Day event
- The city of Washington will pay tribute to our fallen military men and women and celebrate the freedom for which they fought this Memorial Day, with lots of family-friendly activities.
Second WRNS Fest set for July 12 at Grainger Stadium in Kinston
- Headlining WRNS Fest 2 on July 12 will be the Eli Young Band. Also performing are Bryan Mayer and Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks.
George Clooney discusses “Tomorrowland”
- George Clooney discusses his new adventure fantasy “Tomorrowland”. NBC’s Mike Wilber reports.
"Red Nose Day" arrives, aiming to raise money to fight childhood poverty
- "Red Nose Day" is an annual comedy and music event that raises money for numerous charities that assist children in poverty around the world.
B.B. King dead at 89
- B. B. King's attorney says he died peacefully in his sleep Thursday night at his home in Las Vegas.
Calling all artists! Art in the Park is on tap for Mumfest 2015
The festival will be highlighting the growing arts community in New Bern and Eastern Carolina, showcasing the work of artists at Union Point Park.
To the beach! AAA sees most holiday travelers in 10 years
- With more money in their pockets thanks to lower gas prices and an improved job market, AAA expects more than 37 million Americans to travel for Memorial Day, the most since 2005.
International Taste of Greenville raises money for CMN
- It was a night full of different food from dozens of different cultures, all to raise money for Children's Miracle Network.
Britain's new princess named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
- Royal officials say Britain's newborn princess has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
Kellie Pickler performs tonight at the WRNS BBQ kickoff concert
- An exciting night is planned at Grainger Stadium, but there is some information for concertgoers. Because the field is so wet, the WRNS concert has been moved to the parking lot area of Grainger Stadium. There’s no change in showtime. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the show kicks off at 7 p.m.! Watch WITN for live reports this afternoon.
Farmville Dogwood Festival runs through Sunday
- Rides, food, music and family fun are all in store at the 28th annual Farmville Dogwood Festival.
National Parks Week kicks off this weekend
- This weekend kicks off National Parks Week, and entrance fees for all National Parks are being waived -- but money is still an issue.
Sunrise Meteorologist Jim Howard completes push-up challenge for charity
- Meteorologist Jim Howard was challenged by Jim Mantel from our radio partner WRNS to do 22 push-ups on the Sunrise show. Watch as Jim takes on the challenge!
A Taste of Duplin is today in Kenansville
- A Taste of Duplin and more is designed to promote and position Duplin County businesses and the Events Center as local tourism destinations.
Music in the Streets & Saturday Market kick off this weekend in Washington
- This weekend kicks off two popular events in the Beaufort County city of Washington. The first Music in the Streets of the year is Friday evening, while the Saturday Market begins Saturday.
Woodley, 'Fault In Our Stars,' win big at MTV Movie Awards
- The emotional teen drama "The Fault in Our Stars" is the winner of the best movie of the year award at the MTV Movie Awards Sunday, adding to a big night for star Shailene Woodley.
VIRAL: Photo shows bobcat dragging shark from water on Florida beach
- Real or photoshopped? That might be your reaction when you see a photo of a bobcat dragging a 4-foot-shark from the water.
Marvin Daugherty passes Chief Meteorologist title and duties to Matt Engelbrecht
- For more than 32 years, Marvin Daugherty has been tracking the weather and working to protect your family in Eastern Carolina. He will remain a part of the WITN Weather Team but is reducing his hours and responsibilities to spend more time with his family.
The making of "A.D. The Bible Continues"
- A behind the scenes look at the making of "A.D. The Bible Continues".
History comes alive in New Bern in April with Washington's Southern Tour
- Folks in New Bern are bringing history alive as they mark and recreate President George Washington’s visit to the city in April 1791.
April Fools' Day Fun at Sunrise
- An alpaca kept us laughing on WITN News at Sunrise this April Fools' Day morning.
Video View for March 31, 2015
- Raphael Seth takes a look at the latest movies out on video including Interstellar.
Trevor Noah set to replace Stewart on 'Daily Show'
- Trevor Noah, a 31-year-old comedian from South Africa who has contributed to "The Daily Show" a handful of times during the past year, will become Jon Stewart's replacement as host, Comedy Central announced Monday.
'Downton Abbey' to end after upcoming 6th season
- The producers of “Downton Abbey” say the upcoming sixth season of this popular drama will be its last.
Contest to decide which restaurants use local ingredients
- Restaurants that use locally sourced ingredients on their menus can earn special recognition - and some cash - from the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
More WITN Entertainment News