Nickolas Ashford Of Motown Duo "Ashford and Simpson" Dies

Motown singer-songwriter Nickolas Ashford has died. He was part of the group "Ashford and Simpson" with his wife Valerie Simpson.

They wrote many popular songs including "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and "I'm Every Woman."

Ashford had been battling throat cancer, his publicist says his death "was quite sudden."

His wife and children were at his bedside when he passed away Monday afternoon. He was 70-years-old.

• by Queenie Location: Atlanta,Ga on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM
    Prayers goes out for the family...in this times of sorrow..i remember my mother listening to Solid as a Rock..that was her and my dad song...
  • by Betty Location: Evansville, Indiana on Aug 23, 2011 at 09:53 PM
    I will always remember going thru an airport very early on morning and as I passed thru there sat Nick Ashford and his beautiful wife Valarie! At first I could not believe my eyes. And then I just stared. He smiled that beautiful smile. They were as close to a royal couple as I will ever see. God Bless his family.
  • by brenda Location: Baltimore, maryland on Aug 23, 2011 at 05:07 PM
    I was sadden when I heard of NIck Ashford,s death. My prayers are with Valerie Simpson. How do one heal from such a loss. I know that he will live on in our hearts and mind. He left us with such great music,it would be hard not to remember him. Again my prayers are with the family.
  • by Warren Location: Houston, TX on Aug 23, 2011 at 12:22 PM
    It sad my heart to know you lose your husband, friend and father to your daughters and he will be missed. God placed him as an angel and he's in no more pain. I will miss him as well. May God continue to bless you Valarie and your daughters. You will be in my prays daily.
  • by Dawna Location: Lansing Michigan on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    My heart goes out to Valarie and the Girls he will be missed dearly God bless and keep the faith
  • by Ellinor Location: Florida on Aug 23, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    Dear family, I know that you will miss him and think he's far away, but just remember one thing he's with you everyday. The day the angel took him, He soared so very high. A loving husband and father this you can't deny. He'll continue to watch each of you and won't be very far. When ever you think of him he'll be a shining star. So family please be strong. And hold each other dear and always remember he's standing very near. May God bless you and carry you through this trying time. You are in my prayers.
  • by JUANITA Location: LOS ANGELES on Aug 23, 2011 at 09:35 AM
    GOD BLESS VALARIE AND THEIR DAUGHTERS. NICK WILL BE MISSED BY ALL.
  • by gracie wright Location: bronx, ny on Aug 23, 2011 at 09:33 AM
    Valarie, my heart goes out to u and ur children...love ur music...I grew up dancing to ur songs, esp. SOLID AS A ROCK...RIP NICK!!
  • by carolyn Location: Brooklyn New York on Aug 23, 2011 at 08:24 AM
    God be with you Valerie and your family, I have loved your songs and you and Nick for years,he will always be loved and never forgotten.Phil 4:7

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128227468 - witn.com/a?a=128227468