LA Detectives Re-open Natalie Wood Death Inquiry

A Los Angeles County sheriff's official says homicide detectives have re-opened their investigation into the 1981 drowning death of actress Natalie Wood.

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore says the agency is taking another look at the case after recently receiving additional information. A news conference has been scheduled for Friday with the detective leading the investigation.

Whitmore declined to release any additional details about what information detectives had been given.

Wood drowned on Nov. 29, 1981, after a night of partying with husband Robert Wagner and "Brainstorm" co-star Christopher Walken on the couple's yacht anchored off Santa Catalina Island.

Coroner's officials ruled the death of the "West Side Story" star an accident.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Nov 18, 2011 at 06:12 AM
    It won't bring her back. Someone has written a book with suggestive statements concerning the night of her death, and that's the premise for it.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134104783 - witn.com/a?a=134104783
Gray Television, Inc.