Javier Colon Is "The Voice"

Javier Colon became the first winner of "The Voice."

The 34-year old from Stratford, Connecticut, who was coached by Adam Levine, triumphed over three other finalist Wednesday night. It was, however, a close win with just a 2-percent difference between Colon and runner-up Dia Frampton.

The show featured a series of duets with superstars; Stevie Nicks sang with Javier Colon, Pat Monahan of Train sang with Vicci Martinez, Ryan Tedder of One Republic sang with Beverly McClellan and Miranda Lambert, wife of coach Blake Shelton, sang with Dia Frampton.

Along with winning "The Voice" title, Colon receives a $100,000 prize and a recording contract.

• by GBHB on Jul 5, 2011 at 08:26 AM
    and in other news.....no one cares!
  • by My Voice on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    Javier was by far the most controlled contestant on the show. His voice is pure. They all were great on stage. All of the coaches were great as well. They all will have a chance at a recording deal of some kind I am sure. Great talents. I am ready for the next VOICE to air.
  • by lovinit Location: bertie on Jun 30, 2011 at 07:46 AM
    Dia=Norah Jones wanna be. I truly loved all 4 finalists, and Vicci Martinez was awesome. Beverly was great but I don't think I would buy a concert ticket. Javier will make a great name for himself. He was my #1 pick!
  • by Chappy Location: Greenville on Jun 30, 2011 at 07:35 AM
    I told all my friends that I wanted Javier to win but the truth deep down is that Dia was far and away the best of the four finalists and I secretly wanted her to win. I'm thinking about changing my dogs name from Bella to Dia.
  • by Beverly Was The Best on Jun 30, 2011 at 05:24 AM
    I would have given second place to Javier, but for overall natural singing ability, Beverly wins in my book. Mark my words, 2 years from now, Beverly will have a record deal and and a tour planned (at least) and Javier will be forgotten. Although, he did impress me with his harmony skills. (he made an old washed-up Stevie Nicks sound great)
  • by ..... Location: ..... on Jun 30, 2011 at 04:50 AM
    Dia Frampton was much more unique! Javier has a great voice but it's nothing we haven't heard before!
  • by So Happy !! on Jun 30, 2011 at 04:11 AM
    He had the best all round voice. His coach is the bomb as well. The duet, Man in the mirror.. was wonderful. Congrats to both Javier & Adam for a job well done.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124765459 - witn.com/a?a=124765459