Celine Dion Delivers Twin Boys

Celine Dion has given birth to twin boys, finally realizing her dream of being a mother again after a long struggle to become pregnant.

A statement released by St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Fla., said that the 42-year-old superstar singer delivered the boys Saturday afternoon. One boy weighed 5 pounds, 10 ounces, while the other weighed 5 pounds, 4 ounces. No names have been announced.

Dion and her husband-manager, Rene Angelil, are already the parents of one son, 9-year-old Rene Charles. But Dion had long wanted to have more children, and, like with her first child, she had difficulty becoming pregnant. She has spoken openly about her struggles, undergoing several rounds of in-vitro fertilization.

Last year, after information leaked that she was pregnant, she confirmed the news, only to learn that the in vitro procedure was not successful. She had to issue a reversal weeks later.

In an interview earlier this year, Dion said she hoped that by publicly sharing her struggle, she could help others.

"If I help people through my voice, through my interviews, through what I go through, I do not want to change that at all," she said. "I think it's making a difference."

The boys came a month early. Dion was due to deliver next month, but earlier this week, it was announced that she was hospitalized as a precaution to make sure she was near her doctors as she prepared to give birth.

Dion, a five-time Grammy winner who has sold tens of millions of albums, announced earlier this year that she would be returning to Las Vegas for a three-year run at Caesar's Palace. She had a hugely successful five-year run in Las Vegas that ended in 2007.

• by WOW on Oct 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    REALLY, AGAIN WITH ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS. IF YOU ARENT INTERESTED IN IT, DONT CLICK ON IT. AND TO GRAMS, IF MORE PEOPLE WAITED UNTIL THEY WERE OLDER, AND FINANCIALLY STABLE, HALF OF THE PEOPLE IN THE STATE/COUNTRY WOULDNT BE LIVING OFF THE GOVERNMENT. JUST BECAUSE SHES HAD A CHANCE TO LIVE MORE OF HER LIFE AND PREPARE IN EVERY WAY FOR THESE CHILDREN DOESNT MAKE IT BAD.
  • by Endurance Swimmer Location: Greenville on Oct 24, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    I love Celine Dion! I'm happy for her and her husband! If ya'll don't like her, why bother to comment? I bet her twins are really cute! Congrats to Celine; love her music!!
  • by Grams? on Oct 24, 2010 at 09:36 PM
    I wonder if the kids will thing she's their grandmother? She's 42, so....Just saying. My mom was 22 when I was born. My grandma was 46.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 24, 2010 at 07:33 PM
    i think a few of these people are mad that this is an actual positive story. Why the negative comments? I think it is great she leads a good life. To many Debbie Downers on this forum. chacha!
  • by jerry Location: kinston on Oct 24, 2010 at 05:42 PM
    like some of her music but must be an awfully slow news day witn
  • by PBS Location: Oregon on Oct 24, 2010 at 04:41 PM
    Congrats on the little boys. What a blessing for you and your family. Celine is one of the best singers ever. She has a beautiful voice and her Vagas show a few years ago was fantastic - both music and dancing. Some of you who say you don't like her, may not like they type of songs she sings but you need to admit that her voice is beautiful, stong and right on.
  • by Linda on Oct 24, 2010 at 04:35 PM
    I saw Celine in Vegas in 2007, best xmas present my husband ever gave me. what an entertainer. I love her and god has blessed her greatly with these wonderful boys. god bless to her and her family.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 24, 2010 at 04:05 PM
    laura I dont like her music,but the worst singer ever?Come on!This woman can sing her butt off and yours too.laura give us a few lyrics!Worst,Singer,Ever?That sounds like the lyrics to a laura rap!
  • by Purple Haze Location: ayden on Oct 24, 2010 at 01:28 PM
    Some of ya'll are DOWN RIGHT IGNORANT and BORED!!!!!
  • by laura on Oct 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    Worst. Singer. Ever.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 105627123 - witn.com/a?a=105627123