Bobby Brown: "I Love You Whitney"

It was an emotional night for soul singer Bobby Brown as he performed Saturday night before thousands just hours after learning that his ex-wife Whitney Houston had died in Beverly Hills.

"First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all," he told fans gathered at a nearly sold-out 7,500-seat venue in northern Mississippi. "Second, I would like to say, `I love you, Whitney.' The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage."

Brown took the stage as part of the New Edition reunion tour at the Landers Center in Southaven, close to Memphis, Tenn. He said he decided to go on with the performance because fans had shown their loyalty to the group New Edition for more than 25 years. He performed about 10 songs over more than hour - "My Preogative" and "Mr. Telephone Man" among them - before he appeared visibly shaken on stage.

Brown suddenly appeared overcome with emotion as the concert wound down, wiping his face with his vest as the group prepared to sing a ballad. When the song began, he joined in, but his voice cracked. He then waved to the fans and walked off stage. The show ended shortly afterward.

Houston and Brown had a tumultuous 15-year marriage that ended in 2007.

In 1993, they had a daughter, Bobbi Kristina. Ten years later, police responded to a domestic violence call from Houston about Brown. Police found Houston with a cut lip and bruised cheek. She was in and out of drug rehabilitation during the mid-2000s, and appeared to hit a low point with her unsteady appearances in the 2005 reality TV show "Being Bobby Brown." She filed for legal separation the following year and the couple divorced in 2007.

• by The Original ENC Location: enc on Feb 13, 2012 at 07:19 AM
    He loved her so much, he introduced her to CRACK!
  • by BobbyB Location: Hollyweed on Feb 13, 2012 at 06:22 AM
    Dawg gone Whitney why you go and do that? Who am I gonna beat now??
  • by Anonymous on Feb 13, 2012 at 06:06 AM
    did he love her when he introduced her to the lifestyle and addiction which contributed to her death? or is he merely trying to massage a guilt ridden life of regret?
  • by Anonymous on Feb 13, 2012 at 05:28 AM
    Thanks Bobby - If it was not for you getting me hooked on drugs years ago I would still be around. I guess you could say you, 'loved me to death'. Whitney.
  • by pat on Feb 13, 2012 at 02:51 AM
    some people dont have respect for other just because your daddy was a drunk did you do right by him ,so you dont have nobody-to plain but yourself so get over it
  • by Anonymous on Feb 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    why is this news?????????????????
  • by BLAH! on Feb 12, 2012 at 05:00 PM
    shonuff@your lucky#6:13,I never really cared for her music nor her drug addictions and no she is no idol but when you compare your own family member to this so called IDOL as you say and ten years later after your fathers death still call him an ALKI,buddy you got problems that need attention to.You should be a Dr.Phil canidate!Your father might have drank really hard but if he was around that long I'm pretty sure he put a roof over your head,took you fishing,showed you how to rig and bait your line ,put foot in your but when you needed it(apparently not enough)clothed and fed you and probably helped you get a nice car .Some people just dont have any respact for their dad...Personally I think in your post you have regrets!
  • by MadMax on Feb 12, 2012 at 04:29 PM
    Bobby Brown, what a clown this guy is, Whitney Houston was this mans meal ticket for years, of course he's crying the blues, i hope she left her child something, and i hope he doesn't get the chance or opportunity to sqaunder any of it.
  • by shonuff on Feb 12, 2012 at 03:13 PM
    His love for her, helped her to an early grave. Bobby is cracked, like Whitney. Both are not worth walking out the door to listen too. I don't support such foolishness. Neither will ever spend a dime of my hard earned money that's a promise. Now she is no longer a crackhead, she's an idol. Unbelievable. My dad was an alki all his life and when he died he was an alki and ten years later he is still an alki. You can't make someone something different just because you want them to be, and the fact they they pass on. They are what they are, and all Whitney is and was for the last 15 years or longer was a crackhead. It ruled her world. Her daughter has never known her mom as anything else. Shame
  • by So sad Location: NB on Feb 12, 2012 at 02:20 PM
    This is so sad...if she knew how much she was loved, would things have been different. Too late Bobby, you should have been a better man. RIP Whitney...we will miss your beautiful voice.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139179684 - witn.com/a?a=139179684