WITN Entertainment News
Ontario Police: Bieber Charged With Assault
Posted: 11:47 AM
- Canadian police say pop star Justin Bieber has been charged with dangerous driving and assault after a collision between a minivan and an ATV led to a physical altercation in southwestern Ontario.
Late Summer Decides Intensity Of Fall Colors
Posted: 12:12 PM
- Experts have already noticed some fall color in the highest elevations of the North Carolina mountains around Boone, but they say that is no indication of what this year's fall foliage will be like.
SCAM ALERT: Ice Bucket Challenge Video Scam
Posted: 6:34 AM
- The ice bucket challenge to raise awareness for ALS is now become a tool for scam artists to not just grab your attention, but also the personal information stored on your computer.
FBI Now Addressing Nude Celebrity Photo Hacks
Posted: 5:40 AM
- The FBI says it is addressing allegations that nude photos of several female celebrities have been stolen and posted online.
40th Annual Ayden Collard Festival Begins Thursday
- WITN is once again a proud sponsor of the Ayden Collard Festival which kicks off Thursday evening. Rides and vendors will open at 6pm followed by live music from the 40 East Band at 8pm.
UPDATE: Joan Rivers In Critical Condition After Throat Surgery
- Comedian Joan Rivers was taken to a Manhattan hospital after she stopped breathing while having throat surgery at a clinic in the city Thursday morning.
Jolie, Pitt Wed During Private Ceremony In France
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were married Saturday in Chateau Miraval, France, says a spokesman for the couple.
WATCH VIDEO: Hurricanes Churning In Atlantic & Pacific Causing High Surf Conditions
- Hurricane Cristobal is churning in the Atlantic, causing rip currents and high tides from Florida through the Midatlantic states.
Great White Spotted off MA Coast Ahead Of Labor Day Weekend
- Swimmers squeezing out the last bit of beach weather were back in the water Tuesday, a day after a Great White shark was spotted just off the shore.
THE EMMYS: And The Winners Are...
- The Emmy Awards honored TV's best shows and performances Monday night, and there was a ring of familiarity to the proceedings.
Iconic Actor, Director Richard Attenborough Dies At 90
- Acclaimed actor and Oscar-winning director Richard Attenborough, whose film career on both sides of the camera spanned 60 years, has died. He was 90.
Seth Myers Set To Take On The Emmys This Monday
- "Late Night" host Seth Meyers says his upcoming gig as Emmy host is "nerve-wracking".
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Panthers' Preseason Game Will Air At 7:30pm On WITN
- The Carolina Panthers will take on the New England Patriots tonight in their third game of the preseason! WITN will air the game live at 7:30pm.
Chef Jeff Serves Up Back To School Basics
- Chef Jeff Yourdon stopped by the WITN News studios during our Sunrise Show with some back-to-school-basics to add to your recipe box.
Parks Service Bans Drones Over Appalachian Trail
- The National Park Service has banned drones from flying over the Appalachian Trail.
Longtime Saturday Night Live Announcer, Don Pardo, Dies At 96
- Television and radio announcer Don Pardo, whose booming baritone was known to fans of "Saturday Night Live," ''The Price is Right" and other programs, has died. He was 96.
Winterville Watermelon Festival Wraps
- Thousands of people attended the festival in Pitt County for the amusement rides, games, great food, concerts, and fun activities for the whole family.
Parents May Be Surprised By Increased Cost Of After School Activities
- So many schools across the country are so strapped for funds that parents are now being asked to pony up even more, especially when it comes to after school activities.
David Gregory: I'm Leaving 'Meet the Press' and NBC
- Embattled "Meet the Press" moderator David Gregory is tweeting that he is leaving NBC.
Restored Roanoke River Lighthouse Opens
- Work to restore the Roanoke River Lighthouse is almost done, and the public is getting a chance to see what it looks like.
Today Show Anchor Savannah Guthrie Welcomes First Daughter
- It’s a girl for Savannah Guthrie!
Summer Jazz Festival At Tryon Palace This Saturday
- Tryon Palace in New Bern will host "Where Rivers Meet: Summer Jazz Festival on the South Lawn" this Saturday, August 23rd.
Ultra HD: The Next Big Thing In Television
- There's standard HD, 3D and now ultra HD, the next big thing in television.
Sweet Treat For You, Donation For Sick Children
- If you are looking for a sweet way to cool down Thursday, you can do that and help children in our area by the spoonful!
WATCH VIDEO: Cop Shows Off Best Moves In Dance-Off With Kids
- A group of Kansas City, Mo., teens had no idea what to expect when two Kansas City Police officers stopped in a patrol car in their east Kansas City neighborhood on Sunday.
More WITN Entertainment News