WITN Entertainment News
Thanksgiving getaway: 46.3 million to hit the road
Posted: 12:06 PM
- There is good news for Thanksgiving travelers: the price of gas is at five-year lows. The bad news: a lot more people will be driving.
Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- A bow that shoots illuminated arrows its manufacturer says can fly up to 145 feet, and the "Catapencil" - a pencil with a miniature slingshot-style launcher at its eraser end - are among an annual list of unsafe toys released Wednesday.
NBC scraps Cosby television project
- NBC says it has scrapped a Bill Cosby comedy that was under development, the second outlet within a day to put off or abandon a Cosby project as another sexual assault allegation against the comic has emerged.
New political drama "State of Affairs" premieres tonight on NBC
- She spent time dealing with life or death in a hospital on "Grey's Anatomy". Now Katherine Heigl is dealing the global implications of life and death in NBC's new drama "State of Affairs".
MTV 'Challenge' star Diem Brown dies at 32
- Diem Brown has lost a long battle with cancer. The reality star and advocate for cancer survivors died Friday in a New York hospital. She was 32.
France: Big cat on the prowl near Disneyland is not a tiger
- French authorities say a big, wild cat eluding police near Disneyland Paris is not a tiger, but they don't know exactly what it is.
Fiancee of Ebola victim gets book deal
- The fiancee of Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan has a book deal.
Space agency releases first picture from comet
- The European Space Agency has released the first picture taken by its Philae probe on the surface of a comet.
Roker sets world record for weathercast, raises $75k+ for USO
- The Rokerthon was a success.
'Orange Is The New Black' star to speak at ECU
- Fans of the Netflix series 'Orange Is The New Black' may want to head to the home of the purple and gold Wednesday to see one of the show's stars in person.
Pitt County looking for input on park update
- Pitt County is asking people who enjoy Alice F. Keene Park to share some ideas on upgrading the facility.
Bret Michaels undergoes kidney surgery
- Bret Michaels is recovering from kidney surgery.
State investigators say Rivers' clinic failed to provide timely intervention
- State health investigators say the Manhattan clinic where Joan Rivers suffered a fatal complication during a medical procedure made several errors, including failing to identify deteriorating vital signs and provide timely intervention.
Freebies for those who fought for freedom
- In honor of Veterans Day and to give our hometown heroes a special thank you, several area businesses are offering free food and services for those who have faithfully served their country.
Brokaw, Streep, Wonder among 19 honored with Medal of Freedom
- President Barack Obama is awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to 19 people, including Meryl Streep and Stevie Wonder.
Ministry to hold race for teen mentoring program
- An urban teen ministry is hitting the pavement in Greenville in order to raise money to help local teens.
Finalists face off in live competition tonight on "The Voice"
- "The Voice" finalists will face-off on the stage during two hour shows tonight and Tuesday.
Eastern Carolina already working to collect toys for less fortunate kids
- Local businesses, organizations and community leaders are already hard at work to brighten the lives of less fortunate boys and girls in Eastern Carolina this Christmas morning.
Lee Smith, Terrance Mann to receive awards at Tryon Palace
- The state Literary and Historical Association is presenting the North Carolina Book Awards this year to novelist Lee Smith of Hillsborough, Broadway veteran Terrance Mann and others during its annual meeting in New Bern.
WCU band to march in Macy's Thanksgiving parade
- It won't be hard to find Western Carolina University's marching band in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Off-road vehicle routes open on Hatteras, Ocracoke
- Seasonal routes on Cape Hatteras National Seashore have reopened to off-road vehicles.
Shop for a good cause at the Down East Holiday Show until 5 p.m.
- The three-day shopping event supports scholarships for Pitt Community College students.
WITN's annual Halloween Costume Contest
- Dozens of people in costume took part in WITN's Halloween costume contest at the Greenville Studio Halloween morning! Check out the winners and watch meteorologist Matt Engelbrecht as Richard Simmons and the rest of the evening crew in their costumes!
"America's Got Talent" to hold auditions in Richmond
- NBC’s top-rated summer series “America’s Got Talent,” has begun its nationwide search for Season 10 contestants, and producers are hoping to find big talent!
Neil Patrick Harris to host new NBC variety series
- NBC is bringing Neil Patrick Harris back to series television as host of a comedy-variety series.
More WITN Entertainment News