WITN Entertainment News
Recreational fishing big business for eastern Carolina & the state
- Recreational fishing in North Carolina has evolved into more than a billion dollar industry with well over 1 million anglers in the state.
Last 'Hunger Games' film opens with franchise low at weekend box office
- "Mockingjay - Part 2," the final "Hunger Games" film, has soared to a $101 million opening in its first weekend in theaters. For most films this would be a coup, but "The Hunger Games" had its own records to beat, and this sets a new low for the four-film franchise.
Parmalee headlines Feels Like Carolina Homecoming Saturday night
- Parmalee returned to East Carolina University to fulfill a life-long dream of playing at Minges Coliseum Saturday night.
"Parmalee" to perform at a show at ECU this weekend
- A popular band from Eastern Carolina is coming back home for a concert this weekend.
New Bern set for a Beary Merry Christmas
- Starting the day after Thanksgiving, visitors can head to downtown New Bern for twinkling lights, Christmas decorations and window displays, music, Santa, and even SNOW!
Kinston native ends Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions run, Trebek apologizes to Kinston
- Kinston native Catherine Hardee's run on the Jeopardy! "Tournament of Champions" semi-finals came to an end Wednesday night.
60th annual Jacksonville Christmas Holiday Parade
- The city of Jacksonville held its 60th annual Christmas holiday parade, "Rockin Around The Christmas Tree," Saturday morning along Western Boulevard.
Frank Sinatra Jr. to dedicate highway marker for Ava Gardner
- Two ceremonies are being held to dedicate a highway marker to actress Ava Gardner, who lived in rural Johnston County before becoming a Hollywood star.
Dinosaur claws among items on annual list of dangerous toys
- A consumer watchdog group says dinosaur claws inspired by the movie "Jurassic World" and a substance that looks like poop are among the worst toys for Christmas this year.
Oxford Dictionaries' 2015 Word of the Year might surprise you
- Oxford Dictionaries' 2015 Word of the Year is impossible to pronounce, because it's not actually a word at all.
A Time For Science Expo this Saturday
- A Time For Science plans to have over forty vendors with interactive exhibits and hands-on science activities for all, plus a special celebrity guest.
Kaya Stewart and Daya perform for North Pitt during Bob 93.3 concert
- WITN teamed up with our radio partner Bob 93.3 to check out four cool schools in Eastern Carolina. North Pitt got a free concert from Bob 93.3 Friday.
Charlie Brown actor pleads guilty to making criminal threat
- A former child actor who was the voice of Charlie Brown in beloved "Peanuts" TV specials has pleaded guilty to making criminal threats.
"The Voice" goes live tonight with elimination rounds
- Live elimination rounds begin tonight on "The Voice".
'Voice' mentors Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are dating
- Recently divorced singer Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani, who filed for divorce in August, are dating.
ECU's Battle of the Big Bands honors memory of Tom "the Jazzman" Mallison
- This weekend ECU's Battle of the Big Bands event benefits scholarships for ECU music studies and is dedicated to the late Tom "the Jazzman" Mallison.
Judge sets bond for Bobbi Kristina caregiver
- Taiwo Sobamowo was arrested Sunday in Raleigh, but has been transferred back to Georgia.
Former Senator Fred Thompson dead at 73
- Fred Thompson, a Republican U.S. senator for eight years who also acted in feature films and on television, has died, his family says in a statement.
Car infotainment systems distract even with voice commands
- Car infotainment systems that use voice commands may let drivers keep their hands on the wheel, but they're still highly distracting.
Fayetteville man sentenced for bringing fake chips to poker tournament
- A poker player is going to prison for bringing millions of dollars in counterfeit chips to a tournament and then breaking the plumbing when he flushed them down a toilet to hide the evidence.
Sex offender arrested while posing as state fair inspector
- Authorities say a registered sex offender has been arrested at the North Carolina State Fair, where he was posing as an inspector of rides for small children.
Record crowd for WITN's annual Halloween Costume Contest
- Our annual Halloween Costume Contest was Friday morning WITN News at Sunrise, and more than 80 people took part!
It's "Back to the Future" today - October 21, 2015
- In "Back To The Future Part II," Marty McFly and Doc Brown program the date of their visit to the future to today, Oct. 21, 2015. Take a quiz to test your Back to the Future trivia!
Candy or marijuana edibles? Tips to keep your trick-or-treaters safe this Halloween
- Parents should always check the treats their children receive and throw away any homemade treats or those that are not in their original wrapper unless parents are positive they can trust the source.
Some Greenville residents receive zero tolerance warning letter ahead of Halloween
- After a Halloween riot involving about 3,000 people last year, some residents in the neighborhood where it all took place say they've received a warning letter from the property management company ahead of this year's festivities.
More WITN Entertainment News