WITN Entertainment News
Ayden baton twirlers in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Keep an eye out for some Pitt County locals as you enjoy the 88th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Thursday morning.
Thanksgiving dinner safety tips
- The Centers for Disease Control estimates that one in six Americans gets sick annually from food poisoning. To prevent that, the U.S. Department of Agriculture offers some basic safety tips.
WITN Annie Ticket Giveaway!
- Enter for the chance to win four tickets to see ANNIE at the Durham Performing Arts Center on December 9th, plus a hotel room for the night at the Hilton Garden Inn – Southpoint and 4 gift cards ($80 value) to Parizade Restaurant in Durham!
Budweiser gives Clydesdales holiday pink slip
- Budweiser is putting its Clydesdale out to pasture for the holidays.
59th Annual Jacksonville Holiday Parade
- The city of Jacksonville will hold its 59th annual holiday parade, "Winter Wonderland," Saturday morning along Western Boulevard.
Washington vying for title of America's Coolest Small Town
- The city of Washington is currently in first place in Budget Travel magazine's "America's Coolest Small Town" promotion.
Black Friday is no longer the be-all, end-all for holiday bargains
- It may seem as if the whole world shops on Black Friday, but a new survey indicates otherwise.
Football player turned farmer delivers own son
- The former University of North Carolina and NFL player who left the game to grow food for the hungry has delivered his own child at his Louisburg home.
Thanksgiving getaway: 46.3 million to hit the road
- There is good news for Thanksgiving travelers: the price of gas is at five-year lows. The bad news: a lot more people will be driving.
Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- A bow that shoots illuminated arrows its manufacturer says can fly up to 145 feet, and the "Catapencil" - a pencil with a miniature slingshot-style launcher at its eraser end - are among an annual list of unsafe toys released Wednesday.
Cosby no longer an advisor at North Carolina university
- High Point University has removed Bill Cosby's name from its board of advisors amid of allegations of sexual assault made against him by four women.
New political drama "State of Affairs" premieres tonight on NBC
- She spent time dealing with life or death in a hospital on "Grey's Anatomy". Now Katherine Heigl is dealing the global implications of life and death in NBC's new drama "State of Affairs".
MTV 'Challenge' star Diem Brown dies at 32
- Diem Brown has lost a long battle with cancer. The reality star and advocate for cancer survivors died Friday in a New York hospital. She was 32.
France: Big cat on the prowl near Disneyland is not a tiger
- French authorities say a big, wild cat eluding police near Disneyland Paris is not a tiger, but they don't know exactly what it is.
Fiancee of Ebola victim gets book deal
- The fiancee of Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan has a book deal.
Space agency releases first picture from comet
- The European Space Agency has released the first picture taken by its Philae probe on the surface of a comet.
Roker sets world record for weathercast, raises $75k+ for USO
- The Rokerthon was a success.
'Orange Is The New Black' star to speak at ECU
- Fans of the Netflix series 'Orange Is The New Black' may want to head to the home of the purple and gold Wednesday to see one of the show's stars in person.
Pitt County looking for input on park update
- Pitt County is asking people who enjoy Alice F. Keene Park to share some ideas on upgrading the facility.
Bret Michaels undergoes kidney surgery
- Bret Michaels is recovering from kidney surgery.
State investigators say Rivers' clinic failed to provide timely intervention
- State health investigators say the Manhattan clinic where Joan Rivers suffered a fatal complication during a medical procedure made several errors, including failing to identify deteriorating vital signs and provide timely intervention.
Freebies for those who fought for freedom
- In honor of Veterans Day and to give our hometown heroes a special thank you, several area businesses are offering free food and services for those who have faithfully served their country.
Brokaw, Streep, Wonder among 19 honored with Medal of Freedom
- President Barack Obama is awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to 19 people, including Meryl Streep and Stevie Wonder.
Ministry to hold race for teen mentoring program
- An urban teen ministry is hitting the pavement in Greenville in order to raise money to help local teens.
Finalists face off in live competition tonight on "The Voice"
- "The Voice" finalists will face-off on the stage during two hour shows tonight and Tuesday.
More WITN Entertainment News