WITN Entertainment News
Check out the WITN's sports team reports from Super Bowl weekend
- The WITN sports team brought us reports throughout Super Weekend from California.
"You, Me and the Apocalypse" premieres tonight on WITN
- NBC’s new comedy “You, Me and the Apocalypse” debuts tonight. Mark Barger talks to stars Jenna Fischer and Megan Mullally about finding laughs at the end of the world.
SLIDESHOW: Check out weather photos from across Eastern Carolina
- Pictures show the tale of the icy precipitation falling in Eastern Carolina over the weekend.
'Revenant' leads Oscar noms with 12
- The brutal frontier saga "The Revenant" leads the 88th annual Academy Awards with 12 nominations, while the acting categories were again filled entirely by white performers.
Alan Rickman, star of stage and ‘Harry Potter’ dies at 69
- British actor Alan Rickman, a classically-trained stage star and sensual screen villain in the “Harry Potter” saga and other films, has died. He was 69.
Singer David Bowie dead at 69
- David Bowie, the other-worldly musician who broke pop and rock boundaries with his creative musicianship, nonconformity, striking visuals and a genre-spanning persona he christened Ziggy Stardust, died of cancer Sunday.
Golden Globe winners
- Here's a look at the winners at the 73rd annual Golden Globe Awards.
Box office preview: A super 2016
- Superheroes are expected to rule the box office in 2016, with “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”, “Captain America: Civil War” and “Deadpool” all hitting theaters.
SNEAK PEEK: Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta star in new NBC drama, Shades of Blue
- Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta star in the new police drama "Shades of Blue", debuting tonight at 10 p.m. on NBC.
No Powerball jackpot winner, Saturday's jackpot to be biggest ever
- The estimated prize for Saturday's drawing is $675 million, the largest jackpot of any lottery game in U.S. history.
NYE festivities happening along the Crystal Coast
- While many will be in front of their TV's tonight as they watch the ball drop in Times Square, one coastal community has another option for you and the family.
Twitter revises policy banning threats and abuse
- Twitter has revised its rules to emphasize that it will suspend or ban users who issue violent threats or espouse hateful conduct, at a time when critics have called for the social media service to adopt a harder line against extremist groups.
Merry Christmas from WITN
- Thanks for sharing your time with us all year long.
Blue Light Warning: Light from electronic devices can be harmful to young users
- Doctors warn that electronic devices can be harmful to the eyes of young users.
Miss Universe: Mistake crowns Colombia before Philippines
- The Miss Universe contestant from the Philippines is this year's winner but for one brief moment, it appeared as if it might be a repeat win for Colombia.
Look At Those Lights: Results for Monday, 12/21/15
- Check out the results for Monday, 12/21/2015.
'Force Awakens' crosses $250M globally after record Friday
- "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has already surpassed $100 million in North America, and $250 million globally, setting it up for a record-setting weekend.
“Star Wars” Awakens!
- After years of slumber,”The Force Awakens” with the arrival of the newest Star Wars film today. NBC’s Mark Barger reports
Look At Those Lights: Results Friday, 12/18/2015
- Check out the results for Friday, 12/18/2015.
Look At Those Lights: Results for Thursday, 12/17/2015
- Check out the results for Thursday, 12/17/2015.
Jordan Smith wins season 9 of The Voice
- Jordan Smith, from Team Adam Levine, was named season nine winner of "The Voice" Tuesday.
Tips for avoiding hidden holiday pet dangers
- The holidays are a time to enjoy tasty treats, but those same foods often contain hidden dangers for your pets.
Pete Rose's plea for reinstatement rejected
- Rose agreed to a lifetime ban from baseball in August 1989 after an investigation for Major League Baseball by lawyer John Dowd concluded Rose placed numerous bets on the Reds to win while playing and managing the team from 1985-87.
Tickets still available for weekend showings of The Nutcracker at ECU
- Just in time for the holidays, the Dance Arts Theatre at ECU is presenting The Nutcracker Ballet Saturday and Sunday at the Wright Auditorium.
Annual holiday campaign to fight drunken driving begins
- The N.C. Governor's Highway Safety Program and law enforcement agencies are starting their annual holiday campaign to combat drunken driving.
More WITN Entertainment News