WITN Entertainment News
Sony Pictures cancels Christmas release of 'The Interview'
- In a statement, Sony said it was cancelling "The Interview" ''in light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film."
111th anniversary of flight to be celebrated in NC
- The First Flight Society and the National Park Service are marking the 111th anniversary of the first powered flight by Orville and Wilbur Wright with several events in Kill Devil Hills.
SPOILER ALERT: 'The Voice' winner crowned Tuesday night
- Tuesday was the night for "The Voice". The show crowned its seventh winner during a two hour finale.
Bang for your buck: gift card deals
- Gift cards are one of the most popular presents this year and eating out is a great treat. We found a few restaurants combining those two good things into one great deal.
Parade honors Washington athletes
- Quite the celebration in one city, as they cheered on the success of the high school football team, as well as a former high school player who had success in the NBA.
"The Voice" finale kicks-off tonight
- The two-part season finale of "The Voice" begins tonight on NBC.
SURVEY: Americans plan to spend more on Christmas gifts this year
- Americans plan to spend more on gifts this Christmas than in any holiday season in the past five years as economic optimism hits a post-recession high, according to the CNBC All-America Economic Survey.
"Culture" is Merriam-Webster's 2014 word of the year
- The selection was based on significant increases in lookups this year over last year on Merriam-Webster.com, along with spikes of concentrated interest.
Bill Cosby breaks silence on the media, his wife
- Bill Cosby gave a brief interview to Page Six on Friday, where he addressed journalistic standards and his wife's reaction to the flood of rape accusations.
Anonymous donor pays off layaway accounts totaling $20,000
- An anonymous donor paid off 150 layaway accounts totaling $20,000 at one Toys R Us store.
Workers remove time capsule dating back to 1795
- Crews worked carefully Thursday to remove a time capsule dating back to 1795 from the granite cornerstone of the Massachusetts Statehouse, where historians believe it was originally placed by Revolutionary War luminaries Samuel Adams and Paul Revere, among others.
'Birdman' tops Golden Globes with 7 nominations
- In nominations announced Thursday morning by the Hollywood Foreign Press, "Boyhood" and "The Imitation Game" trailed with five nods apiece. Those two films led a best drama category that also included "Foxcatcher," ''Selma" and "The Theory of Everything."
Pitt County park unveils new active adventures for children
- If you are looking for something to get the kids moving over their holiday break, one park in Pitt County has some fresh ideas.
Navigating North Carolina's slopes
- The North Carolina Ski Areas Association has unveiled a new website.
Activist group calls for ban on all toy gun sales
- The Outcast Voters League has started a push to end sales of toy guns after 12-year-old Tamir Rice was shot and killed by a Cleveland Police officer while holding an airsoft gun.
Finding holiday travel deals
- With Christmas less than three weeks away it's not too late to book that last minute holiday vacation.
"Peter Pan" goes live tonight on NBC
- Months of training and rehearsals culminate tonight for Allison Williams during the live performance of "Peter Pan" airing on NBC.
Christmas in Rockefeller special tonight
- The heart of Manhattan will soon be ablaze with 45,000 LED lights gracing an 85-foot-tall Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center.
NIELSEN REPORT: Americans watch less TV, stream more
- Americans are turning away from the tube and tuning in to their smartphones and streaming services, a Nielsen report says.
NBC's Snyderman returns with apology
- NBC News medical reporter Nancy Snyderman is apologizing for violating her quarantine for Ebola exposure, saying she failed to appreciate how frightened Americans were of the disease.
Parades and flotillas across Eastern Carolina
- As kids young and old prepare to celebrate the season, many towns across Eastern Carolina are aiding in the celebration with Christmas parades and flotillas.
Supreme Court to consider Facebook threats case
- It's a First Amendment test for the Supreme Court in a case being heard Monday. At issue are the free-speech rights of people who use violent or threatening language on Facebook and other social media.
Fast-moving scooters account for large number of toy-related injuries
- Playtime is supposed to be fun for children. But the number of kids getting hurt playing with toys has risen 40 percent since 1990.
Navy revokes honorary title given to Cosby
- The Navy is revoking Bill Cosby's title of honorary chief petty officer, saying allegations of sexual abuse made against the comedian are serious and conflict with the Navy's core values.
Ayden baton twirlers in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Keep an eye out for some Pitt County locals as you enjoy the 88th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Thursday morning.
More WITN Entertainment News