WITN Entertainment News
Beaufort Wine & Food Event Kicks Off Today
- Wineries and winemakers along with local, regional and visiting chefs come together as the historic town of Beaufort once again hosts a wine and food weekend.
Supreme Court Case Could Impact How You Watch Television
- In Washington today, the U.S. Supreme Court hears a case that could affect how you watch TV and where.
Free Family Day Aboard The Tall Ship "Jeanie B" In Washington
- The Schooner "Jeanie B" will host free tours on the Washington Waterfront this Easter Sunday.
WATCH THE VIDEO: Meet The "Claw Machine" Kid
- The three-year-old from Lincoln, Nebraska was back in his mother's arms Wednesday after sending her into a panic until he turned up in the window a bowling alley's Bear Claw machine.
Dad Charged With Killing Son To Play Video Games
- A Citrus County, Florida father is charged with killing his one-year-old son so he could keep playing video games.
Bodie Island, Cape Hatteras Lighthouses Open
- Two of North Carolina's best-known lighthouses are opening to the public for the summer season.
Sprint Markets Phones To Kids
- How young is too young for kids to have cell phones? It's a question parents have been debating for more than a decade.
WATCH VIDEO: Runaway Carriage Plows Through Downtown Savannah
- A carriage horse takes off through downtown Savannah plowing into parked cars and scaring pedestrians.
WATCH VIDEO: Time Lapse Of The Lunar Eclipse
- A total lunar eclipse was visible overnight in parts of the United States. Watch a time lapse of the "Blood Moon."
REPORT: Fussy Toddlers Should Not Be Soothed With Television
- Television and other electronic screens can have a hypnotizing effect on kids, and are used by many parents as a distraction, but a new study suggests this strategy may have long-lasting side effects.
Tax Day Freebies: Shredded Paperwork to Sandwiches
- If your tax returns, or lack of them, has you a bit strapped this Tax Day Tuesday, some businesses are offering a special deal to cheer you up.
Pigskin Pig-Out In Greenville This Weekend
- The 31st Annual Pigskin Pig-Out is set to take place this Friday and Saturday at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium and surrounding areas. Enjoy barbecue, Pirate football and much more!
WATCH VIDEO: Chimps Break Free At Kansas City Zoo, Prompting Panic
- A group of seven chimpanzees at the Kansas City Zoo got the briefest taste of freedom on Thursday afternoon, before being lured back into their enclosure with a more familiar taste: dinner and dessert.
Greenville's 7th Annual Pirate Fest Sets Sail Friday
- Arr, mateys. Pirates of all ages get ready. The 7th Annual Pirate Fest is here and the fun begins in Greenville Friday night.
Stephen Colbert To Replace Letterman On Late Show
- CBS announced Thursday that "The Colbert Report" host will replace Letterman when he retires next year. Colbert is signed for five years.
NBC Sets Online Talent Search For Comedy Writers
- The initiative dubbed "NBC Comedy Playground" will give up to 10 finalists the chance to create pilots and a formal presentation.
Airline Quality Ratings Report Finds US Airline Quality At All-Time High
- The annual Airline Quality Ratings Report released Monday shows a dramatic drop in complaints from the flying public last year, even though more flights ran late and more bags were mishandled or lost.
Legendary Star Mickey Rooney Has Died At Age 93
- Actor Mickey Rooney, a Hollywood legend whose career spanned more than 80 years, has died. He was 93.
Showtime Series 'Homeland' Leaving Charlotte
- The Showtime series "Homeland" is moving its production out of North Carolina.
David Letterman Retiring Next Year
- During a taping of Thursday's show, David Letterman said he has informed CBS that he will step down in 2015, when his current contract expires.
IDOL Heading Home To Goldsboro
- The Goldsboro singer who climbed her way up the ranks of fellow crooners on national television is now making her way back home.
'Today' Show's Willard Scott Weds Girlfriend
- NBC says 80-year-old Willard Scott has tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend.
WATCH VIDEO: WITN Does A Happy Dance To Celebrate Spring Weather
- Watch the video to see your favorite anchors, reporters and meteorologists show off their moves to celebrate winter's departure.
Charlotte Residents Work On State Barbecue Map
- Two Charlotte residents are mapping barbecue across North Carolina.
Windows XP Expires April 8th; What Consumers Should Do
- "It's still going to work after April 8. The big difference is, Microsoft is not going to issue any more security updates or patches to that system," explains CNET's Dan Ackerman.
More WITN Entertainment News