WITN Entertainment News
Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76
50 mins ago
- Wes Craven, whose "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Scream" movies made him one of the most recognizable names in the horror film genre, has died. He was 76.
Panthers Preseason Football airs Friday at 7:30pm on WITN
Updated: 6:13 PM
- WITN will carry Carolina Panthers Preseason Football, New England at Carolina, Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Christmas in August: Wal-Mart's holiday layaway comes early
- Wal-Mart is giving customers a head start on holiday shopping, launching its annual layaway program two weeks earlier than last year.
Experts: Potential for great fall foliage in Carolinas
- Experts in leaf-looking in North and South Carolina say conditions are ripe for a great fall foliage season in both states.
New family comedy "The Carmichael Show" debuts tonight
- Jerrod Carmichael is bringing his life to television in the semi-autobiographical "The Carmichael Show".
Nevada man pleads guilty to sending spam to Facebook users
- Federal officials say a Nevada man has pleaded guilty to sending more than 27 million spam messages to Facebook users.
Divers find hundreds of gold coins from 1715 shipwreck
- Queens Jewels, LLC, announced it has recovered over 350 gold coins valued at $4.5 million from the shipwreck back discovered in 2013.
Panthers Preseason Football airs Saturday at 7pm on WITN
- WITN will carry Carolina Panthers Preseason Football, Miami at Carolina, tonight from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Police search of home of Gene Simmons but say he's not suspect
- Los Angeles police say a task force investigating Internet crimes against children served a search warrant at the home of Kiss rocker Gene Simmons, but neither Simmons nor anyone in his family is suspected in the case.
Reality star Josh Duggar admits to cheating on his wife
- Ex-reality star Josh Duggar has apologized for a "secret addiction" to pornography and cheating on his wife.
ECU student wins Bob 93.3's "Tuition Mission"
- Washington native and ECU student Paige Dickinson won Bob 93.3's Tuition Mission contest!
2015 Greater New Bern Business Expo this Saturday
- An annual business expo this Saturday brings the opportunity to mingle with local businesses, check out a variety of products, and get to know more about what's available in the community.
Starbucks, Panera tout improved pumpkin spice lattes
- Starbucks and Panera are each hyping reformulated versions of their pumpkin spice lattes to win over fans of the fall drink.
Networks, stars to raise awareness for education
- The Entertainment Industry Foundation said Tuesday that ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC will air a one-hour telecast on Sept. 11.
Army skydivers returning to Fort Bragg after member's death
- Members of a U.S. Army skydiving team will return to their base, where they will have access to counseling, after a parachutist from their unit died from injuries suffered during a stunt at the Chicago Air & Water Show.
From campaign to court: Trump reports for jury duty in NYC
- Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is taking a break from the court of public opinion to go to ... court.
Jenna Bush Hager welcomes 2nd child, a girl named Poppy
- Former President George W. Bush says in a statement that Poppy Louise Hager was born Thursday in New York.
Panthers Preseason Football airs tonight at 7pm on WITN
- WITN will carry Carolina Panthers Preseason Football, Carolina Panthers at Buffalo Bills, tonight from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
NBC officially fires Trump from 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Donald Trump has officially been fired from "The Celebrity Apprentice."
Veterans and active duty family and friends fun day Saturday in Onslow County
- The Onslow County "Veterans and Active Duty Family and Friends FUN Day" will be held Saturday, August 15 at Onslow Pines Park.
MUST SEE: Real life "Bambi" and "Thumper" caught on camera in Colorado
- Visitors to a Colorado Y.M.C.A. were treated to an overload of cuteness as a young fawn and bunny played together last Thursday. Video of the adorable duo went viral.
Fountain Peanut Festival this Friday and Saturday
- Expect plenty of food and fun during the 8th annual Fountain Peanut Festival, taking place this Friday, August 14th and Saturday, August 15th.
Driver fatigue cited as cause of crash that injured comedian
- The NTSB is blaming a fatigued Wal-Mart truck driver for a highway crash last year that severely injured comedian Tracy Morgan and killed another comedian.
Lawsuit: 'Toxic cocktail' killed Bobbi Kristina
- An amended lawsuit filed by the late Bobbi Kristina Brown's conservator alleges that Nick Gordon gave Brown a "toxic cocktail" and then put her face down in a tub of cold water.
Maryland family spends one full year traveling around the globe
- A family spent years saving for the adventure of a lifetime: a trip around the world. They recently returned home with amazing video.
More WITN Entertainment News