WITN Entertainment News
'Downton Abbey' to end after upcoming 6th season
- The producers of “Downton Abbey” say the upcoming sixth season of this popular drama will be its last.
Contest to decide which restaurants use local ingredients
- Restaurants that use locally sourced ingredients on their menus can earn special recognition - and some cash - from the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
BBC decides not to renew Jeremy Clarkson's contract
- The BBC says it has decided not to renew the contract of "Top Gear" host Jeremy Clarkson after a fracas with his producer.
Actor John Lithgow coming to perform at ECU
- Tony and Emmy award winning actor John Lithgow is coming to Eastern Carolina, to perform at ECU. Tickets are on sale now.
Beer Army Beer Week scheduled for April 1-4 in New Bern
The event is designed to raise money for students attending a community college or state university, as well as provide volunteer opportunities and bring a positive economic impact for New Bern.
2015 Beaufort Wine & Food Festival scheduled for April 22-26
- The 11th annual Beaufort Wine & Food Festival is coming in April, and many tasty events are planned.
Chili cook-off, car show, and gospel festival in Richlands
- The First Christian Church in Richlands held its 5th annual chili cook off, car show, and gospel festival Saturday.
Craig Wayne Boyd, winner of The Voice, performed live on WITN this morning
- An exciting morning on WITN News at Sunrise Saturday, as Craig Wayne Boyd, the Season 7 winner of NBC’s The Voice, performed live.
"Food Network Star" contestant, husband and unborn child murdered in western NC
- A neighbor of a missing western North Carolina couple is being held without bond on two counts of first degree murder, according to the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.
Red-nosed peacock: NBC to air 'Red Nose Day' charity special
- Britain's famed Red Nose Day charity event will make its U.S. debut with an NBC special benefiting anti-poverty groups.
Starbucks asking employees to start conversations on race relations with customers
- In the next few days baristas at 12,000 Starbucks locations will initiate the race conversation by writing "Race Together" on customer cups.
Prince Harry to be embedded in Australian army before leaving military
- Prince Harry will be embedded in Australian army units on the north, west and east coasts of the country during the British royal's hectic secondment to the Australian military next month.
Art invasion sweeps downtown New Bern
- Neighbors, visitors, and artists alike are invited to take a tour of historic downtown New Bern and take in the bubbling art scene this Friday.
Amusement ride bill has 2013 State Fair accident in mind
- A 2013 accident at the North Carolina State Fair is the catalyst for a bill increasing fines and the seriousness of criminal counts against those who operate carnival rides in an unlawful manner.
STUDIO SHOWER: Heather King ready for Baby #3
- As WITN's Heather King prepares to take some time off to have her third bouncing bundle of joy, we had some fun on the show with a mini baby shower.
Big alligator in Brunswick County
- A big alligator made his way across a Brunswick County roadway this week, and it was captured in the picture on this story by the folks at the Brunswick Town/Ft. Anderson State Historic Site.
NEW INFO: Actor Harrison Ford's plane crashed after engine trouble
- Actor Harrison Ford's son, Ben Ford, tweeted Thursday night, "At the hospital. Dad is ok. Battered, but ok! He is every bit the man you would think he would be. He is an incredibly strong man."
Ringling Bros. circus eliminating elephant acts
- The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is ending its iconic elephant acts.
Americans spent $58 billion to pamper, protect pets in 2014
- A pet industry trade group says Americans spent $58 billion on their pets in 2014.
Facebook adds new gender option for users: fill in the blank
- Facebook users who don't fit any of the 58 gender identity options offered by the social media giant are now being given a rather big 59th option: fill in the blank.
NC State at UNC match-up tonight at 8 p.m. on WITN2
- Despite the latest blast of winter weather, the in-state basketball match-up between NC State and North Carolina will go on as planned.
87th Annual Academy Award winners
- List of winners at Sunday's 87th annual Academy Awards presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Vanilla Ice accused of burglarizing Florida home
- Rapper turned reality show host Vanilla Ice, also known as Robert Van Winkle, was arrested Wednesday in connection with a residential burglary in Lantana, Florida.
No. 4 Duke beat No. 15 North Carolina 92-90 in overtime
- In a thriller befitting college basketball's fiercest rivalry, the Blue Devils (23-3, 10-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) let an early 13-point lead slip away and trailed by 10 with less than four minutes left in regulation before rallying.
Battle of the Blues tonight at 9 p.m. on WITN2
- The Battle of the Blues will go on tonight despite the recent nasty weather. The game airs tonight beginning at 9:00pm on WITN2 (MyTV).
More WITN Entertainment News