WITN Entertainment News
Accent Classes Are Canceled Y'all
Posted: 11:33 AM
- After a backlash from employees, Oak Ridge National Laboratory decided to drop a class that teaches how to minimize a Southern accent.
Teens Mimicking Dangerous YouTube Stunt With "Fire Challenge" Game
- Bored teenagers and social media can add up to a painful outcome for those taking part in "The Fire Challenge."
Allison Williams Headed Skyward As NBC's Peter Pan
- NBC has picked its Peter Pan: high-flying "Girls" star Allison Williams.
"America's Got Talent" Goes Live Tonight On NBC
- The summer-long talent search goes live from Radio City Music Hall for the rest of the season starting tonight on NBC.
Doorstep Dolls Send "Creepy" Vibe Through CA Neighborhood
- They sent a creepy feeling through several Southern California families, but authorities say the person who left porcelain dolls on doorsteps didn't mean any harm.
WATCH & VOTE: Wilmington Tumbling Group Competes For AGT Spot On Today Show
- A tumbling group from our competed with two other acts on the Today Show Wednesday for a spot on America's Got Talent.
SNEAK PEEK: It's "Judgment Week" On America's Got Talent
- Acts that made it through the auditions on "America's Got Talent" are back to try to advance to next week's start of the live shows. But, that means getting through 'Judgment Week'.
Delta Cancels All Flights To Israel Until Further Notice
- Israeli police say a rocket from Gaza landed in an area near Israel's international airport.
Britain's Prince George Turns One
- Britain's Prince George is celebrating his first birthday on Tuesday.
Movie, TV Legend James Garner Dies At 86
- Actor James Garner, wisecracking star of TV's "Maverick" who went on to a long career on both small and big screen, has died. He was 86.
Father-Daughter Hairstyling Video Goes Viral
- A Lexington father and daughter are a hit on Youtube after their "Daddy's Version of the Bun" video went viral.
Radio Star Casey Kasem's Remains Moved From Funeral Home
- The remains of radio personality Casey Kasem have been moved from a Washington state funeral home, against the wishes of three of his adult children, a spokesman for the siblings said on Friday.
Broadway Actress Elaine Stritch Dies At 89
- Elaine Stritch, the brash theater performer whose gravelly, gin-laced voice and impeccable comic timing made her a theatrical icon, has died, according to Brigade Marketing. She was 89.
WRNS Fest Is Wednesday At Grainger Stadium In Kinston
- It's not baseball, but country music making fans excited for a big event at Grainger Stadium in Kinston in July.
Tracy Morgan Sues Wal-Mart For Crash That Killed One
- Tracy Morgan has sued Wal-Mart over last month's highway crash that seriously injured him and killed a fellow comedian.
Scotty McCreery Music Video Features Eastern Carolina Landmarks
- Our local American Idol winner, Scotty McCreery, decided to feature a little of Eastern Carolina in his latest video.
Ayden BBQ Restaurant On National Top 10 List
- One east Carolina barbecue joint has hit the big time when it comes to good eats.
Primetime Emmy Nominees Announced; Show Will Air On NBC In August
- The nominations for the 66th annual Primteime Emmy Awards were announced Thursday morning.
Big Burger Throwdown Champ: Greenville's The Varsity Club
- The best burger in Greenville has been topped with melted pepper jack cheese, guacamole, and a new title.
"Welcome to Sweden" Arrives Thursday On NBC
- It's about a guy who follows his heart overseas and then has major adjustments to make once he gets there, all based on the real-life experiences of star Greg Poehler.
Almaty, Beijing, Oslo Make Bid List For 2022 Olympics
- The International Olympic Committee has retained three bid cities in the race for the 2022 Winter Olympics - Beijing, Oslo and Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Independence Day Means Free Fishing In NC
- The Fourth of July in North Carolina means independence from fishing licenses in North Carolina.
Greenville Jaycees July 4th Celebration Will Go On Rain Or Shine
- The Greenville Jaycees July 4th Celebration is expected to take place rain or shine at the Greenville Town Common!
'Community' Rebounds With New Episodes On Yahoo
- Yahoo says it's giving the sitcom "Community" a sixth season online.
Judge Dismisses Zimmerman's Lawsuit Against NBC
- A Florida judge has dismissed the defamation lawsuit filed by George Zimmerman against NBC.
More WITN Entertainment News