WITN Entertainment News
Unclaimed Carolina Cash 5 ticket worth more than $173,000
- A modest windfall awaits whoever is holding a winning Carolina Cash 5 ticket.
'Sleepy Hollow' filming in New Bern for last time
- The Fox television show, which is mostly filmed in Wilmington, is back in New Bern for the third time.
DirectTV explains fumble during NFL championship game
- If you have DirecTV, you may have been one of hundreds of people yelling at your blacked out TV screen instead of an NFL Conference Championship game.
STUDY: Smartphone users suffer withdrawal symptoms when separated from mobile devices
- A new study of iPhone users found anxiety, heart rates and blood pressure all increased when people were not able to answer their mobile devices.
RECAP: 72nd annual Golden Globes honor film, TV in Hollywood
- "Boyhood" has won the Golden Globe for best picture, drama.
Andrae Crouch, legendary gospel figure, dies at 72
- Andrae Crouch, a legendary gospel performer, songwriter and choir director whose work graced songs by Michael Jackson and Madonna and movies such as "The Lion King," has died. He was 72.
Bill Cosby's TV wife speaks out about controversy involving sexual allegations
- Bill Cosby's television wife on 'The Cosby Show' is speaking out this week on the sexual assault allegations that have been hounding the comedian, and she is now adding to those remarks.
Love story comes to end: Nicholas Sparks and wife separating after 25 years
- Local author Nicholas Sparks says he and his wife Cathy are separating after 25 years of marriage.
SCAM ALERT: Privacy on Facebook hoax
- Have you seen the latest privacy post on your Facebook news feed?
'Real Housewives' star makes prison her new home
- One of New Jersey's "Real Housewives" reported to federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut on Monday to begin serving a 15-month sentence for bankruptcy fraud.
Deadliest time of year for drunk driving
- We are right in the middle of the deadliest time of year for drunk driving.
Kid's Countdown: Netflix solution for a decent bedtime on New Year's
- They'll change the clocks, blow the noisemakers at 8 p.m., and search for that New Year's Eve countdown on the other side of the world. Some parents will do whatever it takes to give their kids their own countdown and get them into bed before the ball actually drops.
Possum Drop will be held, minus live opossum
- The organizer of the New Year's Eve Possum Drop in western North Carolina says the event will be held this year, minus a live opossum.
NORAD: Tracking Santa on Christmas Eve
- Volunteers at the North American Aerospace Defense Command are monitoring Santa Claus as he makes his storybook Christmas Eve flight.
Keurig recalls seven million coffee machines
- Keurig is recalling some 7 million of the single-serve coffee brewing machines because of reported burns.
Joe Cocker dies at 70
- His London-based agent, Barrie Marshall, said Cocker died early Monday of lung cancer in Colorado, where he has lived for the past two decades.
Santa Claus readies reindeer, making final preparations for big day
- Santa Claus is making final preparations for his big day.
Tom Brokaw says cancer in remission
- Veteran NBC newsman Tom Brokaw announced Sunday that his cancer is in remission.
Ice skating along the Crystal Coast
- If you are in the mood for a white Christmas, you can get a taste of that on the Crystal Coast.
New Bern football coach will assist in coaching for Shriners Bowl
- A local football coach who just took his team to the state championship has signed up to coach for a traditional charity game, which benefits sick children.
Muhammad Ali hospitalized with pneumonia
- Muhammad Ali was admitted to an undisclosed hospital Saturday morning with what his representatives are calling a "mild" case of pneumonia.
Gold medalist Michael Phelps pleads guilty to DUI
- Olympic gold medal swimmer Michael Phelps avoided jail time on Friday when a judge placed him on probation for pleading guilty to a drunken driving charge for the second time in 10 years. The punishment came with a warning.
Select US theaters say they'll show 'The Interview' Thursday
- Several movie theaters said they will begin showing "The Interview" Thursday, seemingly putting the comedy back in theaters after Sony Pictures Entertainment canceled its release.
111th anniversary of flight to be celebrated in NC
- The First Flight Society and the National Park Service are marking the 111th anniversary of the first powered flight by Orville and Wilbur Wright with several events in Kill Devil Hills.
SPOILER ALERT: 'The Voice' winner crowned Tuesday night
- Tuesday was the night for "The Voice". The show crowned its seventh winner during a two hour finale.
More WITN Entertainment News