WITN Entertainment News
National Parks Week kicks off this weekend
- This weekend kicks off National Parks Week, and entrance fees for all National Parks are being waived -- but money is still an issue.
Sunrise Meteorologist Jim Howard completes push-up challenge for charity
- Meteorologist Jim Howard was challenged by Jim Mantel from our radio partner WRNS to do 22 push-ups on the Sunrise show. Watch as Jim takes on the challenge!
A Taste of Duplin is today in Kenansville
- A Taste of Duplin and more is designed to promote and position Duplin County businesses and the Events Center as local tourism destinations.
Music in the Streets & Saturday Market kick off this weekend in Washington
- This weekend kicks off two popular events in the Beaufort County city of Washington. The first Music in the Streets of the year is Friday evening, while the Saturday Market begins Saturday.
Woodley, 'Fault In Our Stars,' win big at MTV Movie Awards
- The emotional teen drama "The Fault in Our Stars" is the winner of the best movie of the year award at the MTV Movie Awards Sunday, adding to a big night for star Shailene Woodley.
VIRAL: Photo shows bobcat dragging shark from water on Florida beach
- Real or photoshopped? That might be your reaction when you see a photo of a bobcat dragging a 4-foot-shark from the water.
Marvin Daugherty passes Chief Meteorologist title and duties to Matt Engelbrecht
- For more than 32 years, Marvin Daugherty has been tracking the weather and working to protect your family in Eastern Carolina. He will remain a part of the WITN Weather Team but is reducing his hours and responsibilities to spend more time with his family.
The making of "A.D. The Bible Continues"
- A behind the scenes look at the making of "A.D. The Bible Continues".
History comes alive in New Bern in April with Washington's Southern Tour
- Folks in New Bern are bringing history alive as they mark and recreate President George Washington’s visit to the city in April 1791.
April Fools' Day Fun at Sunrise
- An alpaca kept us laughing on WITN News at Sunrise this April Fools' Day morning.
Video View for March 31, 2015
- Raphael Seth takes a look at the latest movies out on video including Interstellar.
Farmville Dogwood Festival set for April 23 through April 26
- Rides, food, music and family fun are all in store at the 28th annual Farmville Dogwood Festival. The event kicks off April 23 and runs through April 26, 2015.
Trevor Noah set to replace Stewart on 'Daily Show'
- Trevor Noah, a 31-year-old comedian from South Africa who has contributed to "The Daily Show" a handful of times during the past year, will become Jon Stewart's replacement as host, Comedy Central announced Monday.
'Downton Abbey' to end after upcoming 6th season
- The producers of “Downton Abbey” say the upcoming sixth season of this popular drama will be its last.
Contest to decide which restaurants use local ingredients
- Restaurants that use locally sourced ingredients on their menus can earn special recognition - and some cash - from the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
BBC decides not to renew Jeremy Clarkson's contract
- The BBC says it has decided not to renew the contract of "Top Gear" host Jeremy Clarkson after a fracas with his producer.
Actor John Lithgow coming to perform at ECU
- Tony and Emmy award winning actor John Lithgow is coming to Eastern Carolina, to perform at ECU. Tickets are on sale now.
Beer Army Beer Week scheduled for April 1-4 in New Bern
The event is designed to raise money for students attending a community college or state university, as well as provide volunteer opportunities and bring a positive economic impact for New Bern.
2015 Beaufort Wine & Food Festival scheduled for April 22-26
- The 11th annual Beaufort Wine & Food Festival is coming in April, and many tasty events are planned.
Chili cook-off, car show, and gospel festival in Richlands
- The First Christian Church in Richlands held its 5th annual chili cook off, car show, and gospel festival Saturday.
Craig Wayne Boyd, winner of The Voice, performed live on WITN this morning
- An exciting morning on WITN News at Sunrise Saturday, as Craig Wayne Boyd, the Season 7 winner of NBC’s The Voice, performed live.
"Food Network Star" contestant, husband and unborn child murdered in western NC
- A neighbor of a missing western North Carolina couple is being held without bond on two counts of first degree murder, according to the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.
Red-nosed peacock: NBC to air 'Red Nose Day' charity special
- Britain's famed Red Nose Day charity event will make its U.S. debut with an NBC special benefiting anti-poverty groups.
Starbucks asking employees to start conversations on race relations with customers
- In the next few days baristas at 12,000 Starbucks locations will initiate the race conversation by writing "Race Together" on customer cups.
Prince Harry to be embedded in Australian army before leaving military
- Prince Harry will be embedded in Australian army units on the north, west and east coasts of the country during the British royal's hectic secondment to the Australian military next month.
More WITN Entertainment News