WITN Entertainment News
Vets: Be courteous with fireworks
- We celebrate our independence on July 4th, but for the very same people who protect our freedom, it can be a difficult day to deal with.
Heightened concern about ISIS-inspired attacks during holiday weekend
- As large crowds gather all over the country for Fourth of July celebrations, there's heightened concern about attacks inspired by ISIS.
2015 Eastern Carolina Fourth of July fireworks and events
- Check out a comprehensive list of Fourth of July fireworks and events across Eastern Carolina.
Kate Peacock crowned Miss North Carolina, Miss America next
- The annual Miss North Carolina crown is passed to a new winner who is on her way to the Miss America pageant in September.
Box Office preview for June 19, 2015
- See what's hot at the movie theaters this weekend.
Man stranded by flood waters gets help from country music star and "Voice" host Blake Shelton
- Tropical Storm Bill left many Oklahomans stranded, but one man is home safe tonight, thanks to an Oklahoma icon.
Brian Williams' rehabilitation efforts begin Friday
- Brian Williams says he let his ego get the better of him in telling stories that exaggerated his role in reporting news stories.
AT&T hit with $100M fine for its 'unlimited' data plans
- AT&T Mobility LLC has been hit with a $100 million fine for offering consumers "unlimited" data, but then slowing their Internet speeds after they hit a certain amount.
Delivery by drone in 30 minutes? Amazon says it's coming
- Amazon vice president Paul Misener told a House committee Wednesday the federal government needs to speed up rules that regulate the use of commercial drones.
55th annual Old Homes Tour & Antique Show on the Crystal Coast
- The 55th annual Old Homes Tour & Antiques Show will be held June 26 to 28, 2015 in Beaufort.
Country musician Randy Howard shot to death by bounty hunter
- A deadly incident is once again focusing attention on what rights bounty hunters should have.
BIG ROCK: Viking 62 wins 57th Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament
- The winner of 2015's Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament hooked the 680.0 blue marlin 15 minutes into the first day.
Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Christopher Lee, the prolific, aristocratic British actor who brought dramatic gravitas to the low-budget thrills of Hammer Studios' horror films, has died at age 93.
Greensboro man gets Caitlyn Jenner tattoo
- A North Carolina man is showing his support for Caitlyn Jenner by getting her image tattooed on arm.
Washington's annual summer festival concludes
- The city of Washington celebrated the upcoming summer season this weekend with the annual Washington Summer Festival.
Charlotte Paralympian back on track after running blades, medals stolen
- Just days after thieves stole his running blades, a North Carolina Paralympian is back on the track thanks to the kindness of others.
WRNS cancels country music festival scheduled for July 12th
- WRNS has announced the cancellation of their second country music festival, originally scheduled for July 12th at Grainger Stadium in Kinston.
Hannibal returns for a new season tonight at 10 p.m. on NBC
- "Hannibal" has a change of scenery for Season 3, kicking off tonight on NBC.
SPOILER ALERT: Who won Jeopardy! on Wednesday night?
- Click the story to find out.
B.B. King's funeral held Saturday in Mississippi
- Hundreds of people filled a church in the Mississippi Delta for the funeral of B.B. King, who rose from sharecropper in the area's flat cotton fields to worldwide fame as a blues singer and guitarist who influenced generations of entertainers.
AQUARIUS: 60s era drama centering on Manson crimes debuts tonight on NBC
- The Charles Manson family police drama “Aquarius” premieres tonight at 9pm on NBC.
As TV goes online, Suddenlink latest to hook up with Hulu
- TV watchers are going online, and cable companies are following them there.
"America's Got Talent" returns for another season tonight at 8pm
- "America's Got Talent" begins its tenth anniversary season tonight.
30th annual Children's Miracle Network Telethon raises over $1 million
The 30th anniversary of the Children's Miracle Network broadcast was a huge success thanks to the generosity of each and every one of you.
Photo of Camp Lejeune Marine and bride praying before wedding goes viral
- U.S. Marine Corps Corporal Caleb Earwood and his bride Maggie didn't want to see each other before they walked down the aisle on Saturday, but they did want to pray together.
More WITN Entertainment News