High School Mourns Loss Of Assistant Football Coach

An Eastern Carolina high school is mourning the loss of an assistant football coach who suddenly died.

Bertie High School says Teierce Ruffin died last night. He was 38-years-old.

Ruffin, who friends say was a colon cancer survivor, was a former teacher at the high school. He stopped teaching after going on disability two years ago but remained an assistant coach with the football program.

Just last Friday night Ruffin was the keynote speaker at the annual Bertie High School Athletic Banquet.

• by Tanisha Golden Location: Norfolk VA on Jun 23, 2011 at 07:46 AM
    First I want to say R.I.P Coach Ruffin I want to thank you for being there for me when I needed you thank you for believing in me in knowing that I would graduate in make somthing of myself I remeber you saying to me you dont wanna see me working at perdue you wanna see me in college the last time I spoke to you was at rely 4 life in I told you im now in college taking up criminal justice in I really want to thank you 4 believing in me.....THANK YOU COACH BULL!!
  • by Rosalyn Swain Location: Bertie on Jun 8, 2011 at 03:43 PM
    I had the pleasure of having Coach "Bull" as my debate teacher my 11th grade year at Bertie High School. He was one of few who was there for the students and not the money. He gave a word of advise to everyone who needed it. He will be missed dearly...
  • by Scott Harley Location: Greenville nc on Jun 8, 2011 at 03:33 PM
    Bull thank you for being there for me when i didn't understand what i was going through. You have touched so many lives in a very special way and you showed me so much about the lord. You are friend and most of all a great man of GOD. You will be missed by so many people. RIP BULL
  • by Anonymous Location: Bertie, Windsor on Jun 8, 2011 at 05:08 AM
    God chooses each of us for a special purpose and I think you had accomplished yours. We all loved you so much and will forever miss you. Take care until we meet on the other side Bull.
  • by Eddie Graham Location: Lewiston N.C on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    I will always remember Bull and his inspiration he had for people. I have known Bull for a long time and he had big dreams and accomplished many. Bull has done great things as a council member for Kelford. My heart goes out for his family especially his mother. Sorry i want make the Homegoing service due to me being out of town for a conference.If there is anything I can do for the family please contact me. I wll leave one of my favorite verses 1Corinthians chapter13 verse 11 When I was a child,I spake as a child,I understood as a child,I thought as a child: but when I became a man,I put away childish things.Family stay strong God will bring u through.
  • by Zamere on Jun 6, 2011 at 07:23 AM
    Bull i will never forget you and the times we shared together and even wwhen you did not had to work you came and picked me up and toke me out
  • by english teacher on Jun 6, 2011 at 07:08 AM
    Thank you so much for all of your inspiration and how you would always say, "I'm Blessed!" in the face of adversity. You will always be remembered!!!!
  • by Ted Oglesby Location: Salisbury NC on Jun 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    When I first met Bull he was on the football team at Livingstone College. A Big man with a gental heart. Our friendship grew fast, and has lasted forever I love you and I will miss you. May GOD Bless your family.
  • by Miles Bond Location: Smithfield, VA on Jun 5, 2011 at 08:55 AM
    Bull I will never forget you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Class of 91.
  • by Lisa Bazemore Bishop Location: Chesapeake Va on Jun 5, 2011 at 06:40 AM
    "Bull" will be missed!! May God bless & protect your family, bringing peace to everyone who knew you. Class of '91

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123104268 - witn.com/a?a=123104268