A sprinkler system quickly extinguished a fire in an ECU dorm this morning.
Greenville firefighters were called to Jones Hall around 9:00 a.m.
The university says the microwave, which was in housekeeping area, caught fire and caused the sprinkler system to go off.
ECU says they had minor water damage on the fourth floor, with some leaking on the third floor.
No students are currently in Jones, while a camp is scheduled to use the dorm this Sunday. ECU says they expect repairs to be completed before then.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.