A high school sophomore in North Carolina is producing a public service announcement about the dangers of the so-called "choking game" after one of her friends died.
WRAL-TV reported Tuesday that Raleigh Charter High School student Sarah Huck wrote, directed and is producing the PSA. It warns teens against choking themselves or allowing a friend to do so in an attempt to pass out. The oxygen deprivation is believed to produce a euphoric high.
Huck decided to make the PSA after Enloe High School sophomore Kris Marceno died Nov. 2. The 15-year-old had tied an electrical cord around his neck and attached the end to a bunk bed.
She hopes local television stations will air the PSA, which she plans to complete in May.
To read more about the Choking Game, including to help parents recognize the signs that children could be involved in this dangerous and deadly behavior, click here.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.