ECU Students Who Lost Fraternity House In Fire Reflect On Loss

By: Christine Kennedy
By: Christine Kennedy

It was the shock of their lives. Nine students lost all their possessions in a fire that ripped through an ECU fraternity house Friday morning.

The brothers of Sigma Phi Epsilon who lived in the home were back at the house Monday talking to the insurance company and looking in disbelief at their burnt home.

According to authorities, the fire was electrical and accidental. The brothers lost almost everything in the fire including one of their dogs. But they say the possessions mean nothing to them now and that they're just happy to be alive.

The students say the hardest thing is just figuring out where to live. ECU did offer the fraternity brothers on campus housing, but they're hoping to find something together eventually.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by ECU Pirate Location: Greenville on Feb 3, 2009 at 03:13 AM
    There has been a relief fund set up. Just stop by any BB&T if you are able to help. Remember these guys lost everything, so anything will be greatly appreciated!
  • by ECU Alum Location: G-Vegas on Feb 2, 2009 at 08:17 PM
    The backhouse has been there many years. The Sig Eps will rebuild something better where they can make new memories. Thanks to the neighbors for all their help.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 38834787 - witn.com/a?a=38834787
Gray Television, Inc.