ECU Students Who Lost Fraternity House In Fire Reflect On Loss

By: Christine Kennedy
By: Christine Kennedy

It was the shock of their lives. Nine students lost all their possessions in a fire that ripped through an ECU fraternity house Friday morning.

The brothers of Sigma Phi Epsilon who lived in the home were back at the house Monday talking to the insurance company and looking in disbelief at their burnt home.

According to authorities, the fire was electrical and accidental. The brothers lost almost everything in the fire including one of their dogs. But they say the possessions mean nothing to them now and that they're just happy to be alive.

The students say the hardest thing is just figuring out where to live. ECU did offer the fraternity brothers on campus housing, but they're hoping to find something together eventually.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 38834787 - witn.com/a?a=38834787
Gray Television, Inc.