- The First Flight Society and the National Park Service are marking the 111th anniversary of the first powered flight by Orville and Wilbur Wright with several events in Kill Devil Hills.
- North Carolina's Supreme Court says a state agency can start the application process for another year of a program that uses taxpayer money to pay student tuition at private schools while the court decides whether it is constitutional.
- A coalition of North Carolina news organizations and the state's flagship public university are facing off in court over records related to the school's long-running academic fraud scandal.
- Rolling Stone has clarified its apology over a story that had reported a female student was gang-raped at a University of Virginia fraternity - telling readers the mistakes were the magazine's fault, not the alleged victim's.
- School officials say about 100 brains reported missing from a University of Texas research lab in Austin were actually destroyed about 12 years ago, because they were in poor condition.
- A building national debate is showing up in North Carolina over whether high school students should be taught that America is exceptional despite its faults, or whether the country's history should be explained more objectively.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Tuesday responded to a public records request showing that 32-year-old Jaimie Lee lost her $39,000-a-year academic counseling job the same day the report was published last month.
- North Carolina's flagship public university is being billed more than $3 million for the probe by outside attorneys that detailed a nearly two-decade-long scheme that used fake grades to keep some athletes eligible.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777