Woman's Death At Hotel Under Investigation

Police in Washington are investigating the death of a woman at a local hotel.

Officers say they found the body of 29-year-old Christina Sutton of Deer Tract Drive in Washington at the Hampton Inn on West 5th Street around 8:30 a.m. Sunday. The woman was unresponsive and pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.

Police say they have listed the woman's death as unattended, and an autopsy is scheduled for later Monday.

• by dumbfounded Location: Pamlico on Feb 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    Is there anyway you could give us a follow up on this tragic case? Some of us would like to know what happened and only WITN can help us with this issue.
  • by anonymous Location: Washington, NC on Jan 17, 2012 at 07:03 AM
    Are there any updates that you at witn can give us on this investigation.
  • by T Location: Washington on Jan 11, 2012 at 08:46 AM
    Has anyone said anything about the man they arrested that is related to this case?
  • by bambi Location: pinetown on Jan 6, 2012 at 08:02 PM
    To all these people with all the bad comments keep them to yourself her family needs to mourn at this time and i know that those kids need all the love they can get she was a good mother and she was my friend and my kids use to play with her kids so i know her pretty well so just stop the drama let them have piece ty
  • by English Teacher on Jan 5, 2012 at 04:48 PM
    May I just say that the correct word to use in the sentence, "I am so sorry for your LOST." would be "LOSS" not "LOST." Thanks for allowing me to get this "off my chest."
      by how relevant on Jan 5, 2012 at 05:49 PM in reply to English Teacher
      do you also rip wings off of butterflies?
      by Me on Jan 8, 2012 at 06:26 AM in reply to English Teacher
      Thank you, English Teacher. That was driving me nuts too!
  • by Friend on Jan 5, 2012 at 01:40 PM
    RIP Christina !!!!! You will be missed !!!
  • by Family Member on Jan 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    From the Family, Please stop spreading rumors that her death was drug related. We have not found out the cause of death yet. Its not right for people to say harmful things like that when you don't even know if they are true. First off, If it was you that had died and everybody said your death was drug related would you want your kids to hear that?? I wouldn't want my kids to hear that or read that. They need to keep the thought of their mother as she treated them...not as a drug user. Also, Not everybody on Deer Tract does drugs. So just because you live somewhere where there is illegal activity doesn't mean you do it. Please stop saying hateful things about her, where she lived and her family. We are trying to do everything we can to keep the family together and keep the kids in good thoughts. Also the family has all three kids. They are being taken care of. Please pray for us in this time. And also thank you to the ones that are being supportive. God bless you all!
  • by Rose on Jan 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    I use too know christina me and my sisters use to be good friends with her she was a fun person to hang out with i am so sorry for what happen to her our prayers goes out to her family you will be miss christina
  • by Anonymous Location: Chocowinty on Jan 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    I am so sorry about your lost I want you to know that you and the family are in our prayers...Christina was a wonderful mother and daughter...Mrs.Mary you worked with my mom a couple of years ago and she said that she was very sorry of the lost of Christina....Instead of people wanted to post bad comment they need to pray for the family and if you don't know them you have no right to post stuff about her up here because this family was a loving caring family....We love you and will miss you Christina
  • by amanda beddard on Jan 5, 2012 at 08:20 AM
    ok i responded to a comment a family member had wrote earlier this week i want to apoligize to all i offended bc i didnt know this was a news site my mom called me in to look at this and i just was reading and starting commenting. i thought this was one of those site. to all all those ANOYNOMOUS commenters u dont have to be o rude to me, well whatever yes we all do have opinions and i voiced mine so it is what is i guess. it justs looks like you people with bad things to say wouldnt do that now. but u got that right just know you look crappy!! and to who wrote for me to keep my SNARLY comments off here to well i dont see one dam bad thing i said except keep ur bad mouthing to yoursselves... whatever happened to this woman was tragic and she DIDNT DESERVE this. i have have had bad terms with her for a while now but i am sorry this happened to her
      by Candy on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM in reply to amanda beddard
      Please go back to school!
        by Anonymous on Jan 5, 2012 at 10:49 AM in reply to Candy
        Agree!
        by Good advice. on Jan 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM in reply to Candy
        It should be taken.
      by the snark on Jan 5, 2012 at 08:03 PM in reply to amanda beddard
      yeah i went back and checked, i was the one who wrote that..two posters called 'um' and 'etc'. wrote some harsh things about the deceased and said it was because it was a news forum they could say whatever they want. apparently not cause their posts arent up there anymore, so now it just looks like i posted that for no reason--i was asking them to keep their snarky comments to themselves, about your friend. anyways, if my other post doesnt get posted, i think you should not 'air your dirty laundry' for all of the witn viewing area to see if youre going to put your full name. you might be inviting trouble-if someone was out to get your friend, they might be out to get you too, now theyve got your name. be careful out there!
        by Huh? on Jan 6, 2012 at 09:10 AM in reply to the snark
        The posts are there. Nothing has been deleted. Her inability to direct the comments towards the correct given name must have you confused. The comment wasn't snarky, it was fact. This isn't a memorial site, and it was simply brought to Amanda's attention. If you read the comment by "are you confused" you will see what I just pointed out. I absolutely hate that this happened. I feel terribly for her parents and especially her children. I can't begin to imagine and only hope that I never have to experience what they are going through. No matter my personal feelings about the deceased and her family, I can't dictate how others view them or this situation. NEITHER CAN YOU.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136595153 - witn.com/a?a=136595153