Wilson Husband Charged With Killing His Wife

A husband is behind bars charged with killing his wife.

The Wilson Police department says 46-year-old Mark Speight stabbed his wife, 43-year-old Cynthia, numerous times.

Police say when they arrived at their Herman Drive home Friday afternoon Mrs. Speight was already dead.

Mark Speight is charged with first degree murder and is being held at the Wilson County Jail with no bond.

• by Margaret on Aug 14, 2011 at 01:51 PM
    I knew this family, when I first heard I prayed it wasn't the Mark and Cindy that I knew. It breaks my heart to think of what she went thru and what those poor boys have been thru and still have to go thru. Bottom line they lost both their parents at the same time. My prayers are with them and with Cindy's dad and Mark's mother, this has to affect their relationship too. My heart goes out to Cindy's sister, I lost my sister years ago, I can't imagine how horrible it must have been for her. My prayers and my heart go out to all of them. Mark doing this is unbelievable to me. He always seemed so nice, he hid the monster inside of him well. There was no sense in this, and he needs to be punished for what he did. This whole thing just blows my mind!
  • by Brandy Location: Robersonville on Aug 8, 2011 at 07:12 PM
    Oh my, Prayers are with these Kids that has Lost A Mother. James prayers are with you guys.God Bless U
  • by Saddened Location: Wilson on Aug 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    My thoughts and prayers are with the 2 children left behind and the loved ones affected by this terrible tragedy. May God bring you the strenght and comfort that only He can provide through this terrible time. Let us all keep our focus where it should be right now, supporting those that need our support instead of bringing them down.
  • by Closely Related on Aug 8, 2011 at 09:50 AM
    There are no words for the emotional roller-coater that is rippling through all those involved in this. It is so easy to blame one while being passive and remorsefull of the other. No matter what side of the two families you are on at this time it must not be forgotten that a mother has passed, a father is in jail, and for the sake of the children only positive needs to be enforced. It may never come to light the TRUE problems this wonderfull family had gone thru. Just take a ride by the home and you will see, their home and outward appearance is just like you!!!
  • by James Location: Windsor on Aug 8, 2011 at 08:43 AM
    Harry that was my baby sister.Incase you can't read it said stabbed several times.Your comment is uncalled for.NO ONE including you should not be stabbed several times.Put that in defining circumstances.
  • by Shaken on Aug 7, 2011 at 09:46 PM
    I knew this couple.. Looking from the outside in you would have never thought this would ever happen.. Or that they even may have had any problems.. No one knows what really went on.. I do know.. That it doesn't matter what happened it wasn't worth him taking her life.. This couple has been together for YEARS!!!! They were he friendliest people you would ever meet. She was always smiling and making small talk with anyone.. No one will ever know REALLY what happened.. The worst part of it all is that now their children get to grow up without a mother and father.. Its really a sad story!! Speechless!!! Then to hear all the comments from ignorant people just worry me.. Nothing makes this right in any kind of way!!! I just want to know what got into him.. From what I knew of them they were the love of each others life!! All you can do is pray!! Pray for the family, the kids and him also..
  • by Keshonna Matthews Location: Wilson, NC on Aug 7, 2011 at 08:17 PM
    I pray for her that she is in a better place and for him that God has mercy on him. Life is too short and too precious for such umwise decisions.
  • by CONCERNED Location: CRESWELL on Aug 7, 2011 at 07:34 PM
    Spousal abuse of any kind is not to be taken lightly! Your life is worth more than the "love" of another. In this case there are also young children left to deal with the emotional devasation caused by thier father murdering thier mother. If anybody is in an abusive situation they should leave immediately, tommorrow can be too late. Prays to her family...
      by Shaken on Aug 7, 2011 at 09:47 PM in reply to CONCERNED
      Who said it was spousal abuse?
        by Margaret on Aug 14, 2011 at 01:53 PM in reply to Shaken
        How can a man stabbing his wife multiple times til she dies NOT be considered spousal abuse??? It's spousal abuse to the extreme!
  • by Michelle Location: Columbia on Aug 7, 2011 at 04:58 PM
    No matter what the circumstances, this woman did not ask to be killed. No one has the RIGHT to end someone's life. his lady happened to have been a friend of mine. Please be think about her two children before you post inconsiderate comments.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 7, 2011 at 09:27 AM
    Guess he couldnt afford a divorce???
      by lb on Aug 7, 2011 at 03:51 PM in reply to
      so not funny!!!!!
        by Anonymous on Aug 8, 2011 at 07:25 AM in reply to lb
        Not funny at all maybe when it happen to you it will be funny
      by me on Aug 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM in reply to
      put your address up here and lets see what you can afford
        by Shaken on Aug 8, 2011 at 07:26 AM in reply to me
        Ignorant people... Just make me sick!!!
      by debra on Aug 8, 2011 at 07:24 AM in reply to
      You may think your comment is cute now be careful what you say you dont know what might take place in your family one day if you never had problems or your children keep living and watch and then think about this comment

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127086208 - witn.com/a?a=127086208