Two Shot After Answering Knock At Door

Two people were shot Monday night after they answered a knock at the door. The gunman may be named "Jay".

Rocky Mount police say a 20-year-old woman and a 22-year-old man received non-life threatening injuries in the shooting that happened around 10:30 p.m. at a home on Wintergreen Court.

The victims told police they heard a knock at the door and asked who was there. The gunman answered "Jay". One of the victims opened the door and the gunman shot both of them.

The gunman is described as a black male with a light complexion, approximately 6'0" tall, medium build and wearing a black t-shirt. Police say he ran from the scene and possible left in a light blue older model four-door Chevrolet.

Anyone with information on these shootings should call Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111.

• by who? Location: goldsboro on Jul 19, 2011 at 08:34 PM
    I know of someone that opened her door and got shot in the face by a shot gun. If she hadn't turned her head it would have blew off more than just part of her face. I heard her ex paid someone to shoot her or he did it himself! It happened so quickly that she didn't get to see who it was. After many many surgeries she is still disfigured. And they never found out who did it. This happened about 8-10 years ago!It's sad that they didn't find out who did it,but what goes around comes around, they'll get their's sooner or later! Vengence is mine, sayeth the Lord. So we all should be aware anytime we answer our door, people are crazy these days!!
  • by James on Jul 19, 2011 at 06:05 PM
    This is Rocky Mount we are talking about here. There doesn't need to be a reason or more to the story.
  • by Morde on Jul 19, 2011 at 05:48 PM
    That's it? They asked who was on the other side and someone shot them? I have a hard time believing this story. Either the shooter picked the wrong house or there's more to the story.
  • by You can call me Jay on Jul 19, 2011 at 04:12 PM
    Hmmmmm???? This story reeks of there being much more to the story.
  • by You can call me Jay on Jul 19, 2011 at 04:12 PM
    Hmmmmm???? This story reeks of there being much more to the story.
  • by bear on Jul 19, 2011 at 01:53 PM
    yet another reminder for everyone to be careful and, unfortunately, distrustful.
  • by Clifton Location: Washington on Jul 19, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    I was going to ask who would be stupid enough to open their door to someone they don't know, but it's a bit obvious that not everyone has that mentality. Come knocking at my door and be prepared to step out into the yard so I can see you. If you refuse, I will put you in the yard where I can see you.....and the rescue squad, and the LEO's, and the coroner if needed.
  • by ME on Jul 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    come knock on my door at 10:30pm and the clicking sound you hear will not be me changing the channel on the tv.
  • by Bryant on Jul 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    Hahaha, if it turns out the gunman's name is in fact Jay, he is a failure at being a failure. Please be Jay, I need this!!!
  • by Anonymous on Jul 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    they did the joke wrong should have said "jay who" then he says "Jay who gonna shoot ya"

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 125817013 - witn.com/a?a=125817013