Two Plead Guilty In Drug Deal Murder

Two guilty pleas in a Craven County courtroom this morning for the murder of a Morehead City man.

Gary Turpin and Anderson Gentry both pleaded guilty to second degree murder for their part in the August 2010 death of Troy Collins. Lawmen say Collins was killed after a drug deal went bad.

Today in court, Turpin was sentenced to serve at least 28 years in prison, while Gentry received a minimum sentence of 25 1/2 years. After their guilty pleas on murder, other charges, including armed robbery and kidnapping, were consolidated as part of the plea deal.

• by Anonymous Location: Alabama on Dec 17, 2011 at 09:44 AM
    I went to school with one of the the kids mother I feel srry for the mothers of troy's kids and all of the Troys family! They had it out for troy they planned it and 30 yrs and nuttin compared to what the family and friends have to go thro. Now 2 youngens have to grow up without a father! jus b.c they hated troy they had NO RIGHT KILLING HIM!!!!
  • by Shawnta Location: Beaufort on Dec 17, 2011 at 06:05 AM
    I don't know the REAL story cause unfortunately dead ppl can't talk. The fact is a man is dead and these two BOYS plead guilty to the crime. From what I do know, this wasn't a justifiable homicide so what they did was not ok in anyway. I agree that our justice system is broken. Not just because of this case but many others as well. I pray for all involved. There is no need for a riot between the two families/friends. If you want to make a change do it the right way. Those racist ignorants are never going to see it for what it is. Their brains are not advanced. Let them continue to live in their dark world while we press on and progress. Keep your head up Ms Karen. God bless you.
      by Karen Horton on Dec 18, 2011 at 05:25 AM in reply to Shawnta
      Thank you !
  • by Anonymous on Dec 15, 2011 at 01:23 PM
    If it was a hate crime, it would have lead to a higher sentence...it wasnt so it was not a hate crime.
      by Anonymous on Dec 15, 2011 at 01:53 PM in reply to
      So sick of people not knowing what's going on and speaking about it it was hate hate crime but a state hate crime. The investigator told us those boys would get life or death. The DA didn't care about my son so he told us he do what he want no the investigator. New Bern get's to save millions if thay offered a plea before you speak ask someone. They hated Troy because he was with his step_daugther who i'm hearing he was with also so they set up a drug deal just to get him there. They knew what they was going to do to him . You sick people who could careless I pray none of this happen to your family !
      by vickie williams on Dec 15, 2011 at 02:03 PM in reply to
      however u are we dont care what you got to say are you dum it was a HATE CRIME you dont beat someone like the way they beat my nephew and say that it was not HATE if it was not HATE then you tell me why my nephew is dead you need to sit down and be quiet
        by Karen Horton on Dec 15, 2011 at 05:44 PM in reply to vickie williams
        Amen sis !
      by Vickie Williams on Dec 15, 2011 at 04:08 PM in reply to
      let me say this if it was not hate then why did they beat my nephew the way that they did only hate makes another person beat someone killing them so if that is not hate somebody make me understand so in that case somebody have the right to beat someone causing their death and say what ever they want to just to get away with it and thats what happen here but God is going to give them the best punishment that they can ever get than justice wii be serve
  • by Anonymous on Dec 14, 2011 at 09:40 PM
    Melissa I known Troy for a while There was a lot more to the story than was being put on the news.. WAS NOT a drug deal gone Bad IT WAS A HATE CRIME!!! STOP DEGRADING TROY YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING BUT WHAT U HEARD ON TV
  • by Karen Horton on Dec 14, 2011 at 01:57 PM
    Oh Ben by the way I was still is a great mom if thats the case what kind of a mom raise killer's !
  • by Vickie Williams Location: Arkansas on Dec 14, 2011 at 09:12 AM
    Im going to say this and I have to leave it alone because im trying not to let hate into my mind these guys got a plea deal and my nephew got death they decided what they was going to do to my nephew before they did it just image hiting your head on a wall it will really hurt they beat Troy in his head with a flash light and bottles now image what he went through they didnt give him a plea deal so to me they dont need one I have NO faith in the justice system any more and I am out rage that this DA would give them a plea and they get to eat sleep and breath and my nephew cant do none of that but like I said I have FAITH in GOD and he will give them what they deserve so they might think they got away with what they did to Troy in the end God will deal with them the way he see fit we will always LOVE Troy and REMEMBER Troy and that they cant take away LOVE YOU TROY
  • by Vickie Williams Location: Arkansas on Dec 14, 2011 at 06:33 AM
    this is Troy auntie and I want to thank every one that have giving love you support and your time to my sister doing this hard time THANK YOU and to the ones that dont know my sister or Troy they both are LOVE by many my sister raise her sons to love and respect others and she did a Good job at it because Troy are love by many and to this Da you have no idea the pain that we are going though what if this was one of your kids or nephew I think you would have done things different Troy did not take there life from them they took his the last time that I saw my nephew he was 10 years old and because of what those guys did I will never get the chance to wrap my arms around him again all because of HATE and they get OFF
      by Ben on Dec 14, 2011 at 10:46 AM in reply to Vickie Williams
      Troy was murdered in a drug deal gone bad and you say your sister did a good job raising him. Your definition of "good" is much different than mine.
        by Vickie Williams on Dec 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM in reply to Ben
        Ben or who ever you are I really dont care what you got to say YES my sister is a GOOD MOM and her son was not out there for what they are saying you dont know us so you can keep yoyr comments to your seif
        by mike on Dec 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM in reply to Ben
        Ben if Troy was killed in a drug deal gone bad it does not mean Troy was a bad person.Im sure you know of people who use or used drugs, do you think they are bad people? Not all people who use drugs are bad people!!!
          by Vickie Williams on Dec 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM in reply to mike
          thank you Mike see so many people think that its ok for what these guys did to Troy when the bottom line is that nobody should go though what Troy went though
        by Vickie Williams on Dec 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM in reply to Ben
        now let me tell you something ben or who ever you are my sister is a good mom she did not raise her kids up around drugs matter fact if you know us you would know that these people said that it was over drugs you dont know that and you can keep your comments to your self and hope that you dont ever have to go though the same and it dont matter they did not have to do what they did
        by Karen Horton on Dec 14, 2011 at 01:54 PM in reply to Ben
        Again I will say those boys used drugs to get him there but Troy was killed because he was sleeping with Gary's step-daugther whom I have heard he was sleeping with . Ben and I dont care if Troy was eating drugs no one has the right to take anyone's life. Troy's not the bad one here he didn't take anyone's life they took his out of hate and bragged about killing a ni**er which they said. Let you have to watch your son suffer brain slowly go down one of your family members spine and because their head was crushed and split. No justice was served for Troy if he had killed a white man you and I know he wouldn't see the light of day !
        by christian on Jan 7, 2012 at 07:35 AM in reply to Ben
        U can raise a child in a good home with the best of hearts and still people like these two are in the world his mother did a wounder job of raising him and who are u to judge u have NO idea
  • by ashley Location: morehead city on Dec 14, 2011 at 04:41 AM
    I've known Troy since preschool.... he was a great friend! R.I.P. TROY ALL DAY LONG!!
  • by tamera on Dec 13, 2011 at 08:39 PM
    troy was not a bad kid!!! what they did to him was not at all except able.. noone deserves that!!! i dont care who u are or what uv done... those guys should of got longer for what they did.... they dont deserve to live in my eyes... they took a life! a life that ment alot to the ppl that knew him n loved him... i think ppl that dont know the real story about what happened dont need to speak on it.. rest in peace baby boy <3
  • by ashley Location: morehead city on Dec 13, 2011 at 08:26 PM

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135514068 - witn.com/a?a=135514068