Tip Leads To Pitt County Drug Bust

Two people from Wilmington were arrested after deputies say they found a pound of high-grade marijuana in their car in Greenville.

Deputies say 24-year-old Richard Bradley Smith and 22-year-old Amanda Grace Difulio were arrested Friday on one count each of Possession with Intent to Sell and Distribute Marijuana, and Maintaining a Vehicle for the Sale and Storage of a Controlled Substance. According to a press release, the drugs seized from their car was estimated to be worth $4,800.

Narcotics detectives stopped the car on Evans St. after receiving a tip that the two were going to deliver the drugs to a home in Pitt County.

Officials say the bonds for both Smith and Difulio were set at $15,000. According to jail records, they were no longer behind bars Monday morning.

• by Get off the RACE kick on Feb 7, 2012 at 09:46 AM
    really people I didn't read but 3 comments and they were about RACE what is wrong with you folks they did the crime and they are white..............so there won't be no more then 100 comments lmao at you fools grow up and quit trying to get something started!! get a tattoo with a big L on your forehead!!! Have a great day
  • by militantblack Location: Greenville on Feb 7, 2012 at 08:21 AM
    I agree with SMH, because the once caught aren't black, comments from the influx of rednecks in Greenville are nill. Thank God for small miracles in that they weren't black. Naturally, they'll get a slap on the hand in Pitt County because they're white.
  • by BB Location: SA on Feb 7, 2012 at 07:25 AM
    This has nothing to do with race, this is a society that is failing if we do not bring back a moral compass, really punish people, not a slap on the risk, and go after the bigger fish in this arena. Stop glorifying this in movies, music videos, and look at that filthy half time show. Time for a change across America, has nothing to do with race or economic status. How many lives have to be lost or destroyed before people get it?
      by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM in reply to BB
      Probably none if you're talking about marijuana. When's the last time you say a television show about how addictive marijuana is?
  • by smh on Feb 6, 2012 at 09:06 PM
    They are white, hmmmm. That means the racist comments will be at a minimum, and they comments in general won't go past 100
  • by Anonymous on Feb 6, 2012 at 05:42 PM
    If legal and anyone could grow it.It would be cheap until the gov't started regulating and taxing it.Just think how many stoned drivers could wander into your lane!
  • by weed o nomics on Feb 6, 2012 at 04:59 PM
    Lets set the record straight, the only, the one and only reason why pot will never be legal is because of legal bribery, aka lobbyist's, specifically pharmaceutical lobbyist's. Politicians, aka the government, have big pockets to fill and pharmaceutical companies have a lot to give. Until this legal type of bribery is made unlawful and people realize the commodity this weed is, things will be just as they are. Now, $4300.00 for a pound is a little bit on the high side, but it must of been some killer weed. How much could a farmer stand to make with a few acre's of land ?
      by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM in reply to weed o nomics
      Marijuana would be a multi-billion dollar industry and create tens of thousands of jobs if it were legal. The government would make hundreds of millions in revenu off of taxes.
  • by Me on Feb 6, 2012 at 03:24 PM
    Another drug bust in Pitt County? Imagine that. I agree with the thought of legalizing marijuana. Tax it, and use the income to focus some more attention on the harder drugs. Those are the ones that actually cause harm.
  • by Righteous Christ Location: Here and there on Feb 6, 2012 at 01:54 PM
    Your right, they charged me with trafficking by possession. And yes, you can say I was lucky, it carries a 7-10 minimum mandatory , and it's only mandatory if the judge wants it to be. I went to court with my family, church members, my employer, and close friends. When a judge see's that the best thing for you is to not put you in prison, he has the right to impose a lighter sentence. I had a year house arrest, 200 hrs of cumminity service, and 5 years probation with a 5k fine, plus what's called a unauthorized substance tax which was about $600. Which it probably helped that I got one of the best lawyers in eastern nc. I thank the lord every day that I have the family that loves me and cares about me, and that I had a chance to make my wrongs right. I had to put my faith in the lord and he put me on the road to success. These two individuals should do the same thing and they too will have a brighter outcome
      by Bill on Feb 6, 2012 at 05:54 PM in reply to Righteous Christ
      I'm glad you are on the right track. People make mistakes. Learn from those mistakes, pay the penalty, and move on. I wish more people would do like you have done, instead of getting off and going right back to dealing. God bless you.
  • by c-had Location: police state nc on Feb 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    Frankly I am going to smoke anyway as I could care less about an unjust law.
      by Enough on Feb 6, 2012 at 06:39 PM in reply to c-had
      Then be prepared to pay the consequences if you get caught... It's your choice...
        by c-had on Feb 6, 2012 at 08:26 PM in reply to Enough
        Unless you sell or grow there is nothing LE can REALLY do.LMAO
        by Anonymous on Feb 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM in reply to Enough
        And that is exactly why it's an unjust law.
  • by Stupidity on Feb 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    If the mugshots were of black people these comments would be alot different.
      by MC Jamal on Feb 6, 2012 at 01:06 PM in reply to Stupidity
      That is so true,i sent in a comment this morning saying the same thing but surprise,surprise they did not post it.The same old lame posters really show their true self when they refuse to say anything.
      by c-had on Feb 6, 2012 at 01:08 PM in reply to Stupidity
      Actually I take up for all victims of the war on Cannabis.Then again Im not a bigot.
      by Anonymous on Feb 6, 2012 at 02:32 PM in reply to Stupidity
      Well if it were a minority in the report they would not have had "HIGH GRADE POT' that is grown in the great US of A but instead by cartels where none of the money stays inside the states. LEGALIZE IT

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138772314 - witn.com/a?a=138772314