Teen Faces Drug Charges After Car Pulled Over For Loud Music

A Greenville teen has been arrested on drug charges after the car he was riding in was pulled over for a loud music violation.

Greenville police say 19-year-old Ryshe Moore had 22 bags of marijuana packaged for sale.

When officers tried to arrest Moore for the marijuana charge they say he resisted and fought with the officers. He's charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, felony assault on a government official, felony resist a public official, and felony possession of drug paraphernalia. He was jailed under a $500,000 secured bond.

The driver of the car, 19-year-old Kenyo Coward, was jailed on a probation charge.

• by Anonymous on Feb 28, 2012 at 04:13 PM
    IT A BLACK WHITE THING IT WILL NEVER CHANGE ANY THING THAT EVER HAPPENS BECOMES A RACE THING WHAT A SAD WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by Solution Location: Wieempston on Feb 28, 2012 at 04:06 PM
    I have been saying for a long time, and have posted here on several occasions, and here it goes again: if the local LEO's will start doing some basic, normal law enforcement, like enforcing the littering laws, window tint laws, and other simple things, they will have immediate access to many of the people involved in more serious criminal activity. Regular, non-glamourous law enforcement achieves results. You don't have to set up some special operation. Just observe and take action.
  • by Grandpa Location: Greenville on Feb 28, 2012 at 03:54 PM
    In response to Grandmas comment: 19 yrs. old is not a child! Have young men changed that much since our time of being young? I'm a 78 yr. old proud black man! Bottom line is he broke the law and resisted officers!! The same officers that you or I would call if one of these "children" were trying to cause ourselves, our families, our homes harm. NAACP, Well, Grandma, I don't see them doing much around here but embarrassing us even more with lacking research of issues when they try to help!! Our young men are still making bad choices that are still affecting us as a race. I did 2 tours in Vietnam,retired twice and raised 3 kids,whom are all college graduates! I raised my kids to not have a chip and they succeeded as a result. I'd like to see us not cripple our young men anymore with excuses! I probably won't see that in my time!! God Bless!!!
  • by get it right witn on Feb 24, 2012 at 05:21 PM
    check nccourts.org. there is not a Felony Resisting charge, felony paraphernalia or felony assault on gov't official. They are all misdemeanors! The guy was charged with 5 charges. 2 felonies and 3 misdemeanors!!!!
  • by hardhead Location: washington on Feb 24, 2012 at 04:25 PM
    I would to see some arrests in washington for the same thing.Every where I go,I hear loud vulgar music
  • by Linda Location: Winterville on Feb 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM
    Heres your sign.......loud music = draws attention = drugs in car, hmmmmmm - that was really great thinking!
  • by IT'S TRUE!..... on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    ...these ungodly inconsiderate punks are hurting Greenville's appeal and public image. It's also generally true that the in your face loud music crowd, white and black, are crime prone. No decent citizen should be subjected to this garbage. Keep it in your stupid rat hole, apartment, or dorm room.
      by You said it! on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:13 PM in reply to IT'S TRUE!.....
      It shows open disrespect for others (a common trait in most criminals)
  • by homie on Feb 24, 2012 at 09:50 AM
    This makes my day. I am so tired of the loud loud music. Thank you PD. Please bust some more loud morons.
  • by jgirl Location: farmville on Feb 24, 2012 at 09:36 AM
    I am just so happy the police in Greenville are finally doing something about the loud music! I hate when my windows are up an I can not hear my own radio due to the person beside me. And the dirtier the lyrics...the louder they play it. Now if they will start enforcing the " no parking in the fire lane" in front of Food Lion I will be one happy camper!
      by AMEN!!! on Feb 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM in reply to jgirl
      You said it!!!
  • by Loud MUSIC?? Location: Greenville on Feb 24, 2012 at 09:08 AM
    First, I don't know about the rest of you-but I am TIRED of hearing that loud garbage day in, day out, as the jacked-up cars drive up and down the streets. I just want to be able to hear my own music in my own car, or hear my own TV in my own house NOT boom, boom, boom! As far as the drug charge-"stupid is as stupid does". You're stupid enough to do or sell drugs, then you are stupid enough to get caught!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 140246743 - witn.com/a?a=140246743