Teen Accused Of Killing Infant Out Of Jail

A Knotts Island teen accused in the fatal stabbing of her newborn daughter has been released on bond.

The Daily Advance of Elizabeth City reported that the teen was released Tuesday night from the Currituck County jail.

Rebecca Blackmore is charged with first-degree murder in the June 17 death of her baby. No trial date has been set, but an administrative session is set for Oct. 31.

Currituck County Sheriff Susan Johnson has said the baby was killed June 17. Police say the teen was admitted to the emergency room at Chesapeake General Hospital in Virginia, saying she had given birth and that the child had died. Currituck deputies found the baby's body in a closet at her home.

An autopsy determined the baby died of multiple stab wounds.

• by Anonymous on Oct 2, 2011 at 04:30 PM
    i would like to know if the father of the baby new if so why didnt he go to someone
  • by Keeping It 100 Location: A mile away on Sep 23, 2011 at 07:46 PM
    I do not belive this girl is mental ill. She knew what she wanted to do and did exactly that. I hate it when people use mental state as an excuse. If she was border line before where is the proof. Were she in the slow class or rode the handicap bus when she was in school? I mean not trying to be harsh or anything but we need to stop making excuses for people and their devilish/foolish behavior.
  • by Lindsay Location: Williamston on Sep 23, 2011 at 09:44 AM
    wow...Only in america...Well she will get hers in the end...May God have mercy...I think there should be a mental check on people who want to have kids...or who have kids...if found unstable in anyway...Kids should be taken no if ands or buts...
  • by DeAnna on Sep 23, 2011 at 05:31 AM
    Rebecca Blackmore was charged in Currituck County in June for killing her newborn baby. Then why the ______ is she out on bond? People like this make me sick and the more I read the news the more I realize how sick and twisted some people are in this world.
  • by I'm one of the few on Sep 22, 2011 at 06:47 PM
    I'm sick of being censored. My opinion my not be popular, but if you don't allow my opinion, you're leading to full censorship of anything & everything. I don't agree with everyone nor every comment, but I don't EVER feel people should be censored. I'm even OK with vulgarity.
      by ANN on Sep 23, 2011 at 08:42 AM in reply to I'm one of the few
      Thats why your comments are deleted-you are ok with murder and vulgarity. You are the one that needs help. ALOT OF HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        by No, I disagree on Sep 23, 2011 at 09:46 AM in reply to ANN
        I feel that you're weak and need therapy.
          by ANN on Sep 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM in reply to No, I disagree
          HUH!!!!! That does not make sense. Whatever helps ya sleep at nite. If you agree with any of the stuff from i am one of the few then that tells me all I need to know. Don't take a genius to figure you out.
  • by A crime is a crime on Sep 22, 2011 at 06:21 PM
    Now after reading the comments on the story of the young men all black that killed a police office in kinston they being called worthless uneducated on welfare and all such mess then read comments on this story and it's nothing of the sort as I said before all you people are a piece of work if you got a job work it pay your taxes and grow up find something better to do then judge people on the news and pray you or your perfect love ones don't become news
      by Anonymous on Oct 1, 2011 at 01:50 PM in reply to A crime is a crime
      so you think its ok to kill a baby then get out of jail and act like nothing ever happend you need help
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Sep 22, 2011 at 04:14 PM
    What happened to the infant is the most disturbing aspect here. Even if she birthed the child with fear from her parents, she could have carried it to the Social Services Department, or the local hospital. How callous, brutal, unfeeling, to stab that tiny body to it's demise. She deserves the ultimate punishment, whether from man or from God.
  • by Sad Sad story Location: Dare and Currituck on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    The truth is when they look at bond they are only looking to see if the person is a danger to the public. Being that she killed her child and not someone on the street they think she is not at risk to do something like this again. I do not agree with it but the way they look at it is she has been "accused" not convicted and thus they can not treat her as guilty. I hate it that she is out and I hope justice is swift but the sad truth is that cases like this can drag on for YEARS and in the end they will find some way to pity her and she will get a slap on the wrist.
      by Toni on Sep 22, 2011 at 02:39 PM in reply to Sad Sad story
      Oh im sure because of her age someone will say she panicked and didnt know what she was doing blah blah....if she knew she was pregnant she had 9 months to prepare for it. Its really getting old seeing people kill their kids and get away with it because of pity or a mental illness that they dont really have.
      by Anonymous on Oct 1, 2011 at 01:47 PM in reply to Sad Sad story
      you are wright about that she is alread working that now she has to blame someone and i know who shes going after
  • by Linda Location: Winterville on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    WITN, tell us how much the bond was since you know it all......
      by Anonymous on Oct 2, 2011 at 03:00 PM in reply to Linda
      it started out at a 1/2 mill and it went down from there and the mom found a bondsman that was going to do it for 25000
  • by Sick of people like this! Location: Duplin County on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    unfortunatly in our society things like this are becoming the norm. all you have to say is "she is depressed", "she wasn't in her right mind", "she is too young to understand what she did", say what ever you want, she knew exactly what she did and as long as the system keeps dismissing these people as having "mental problems" our society will do nothing but get worse! she was too young to have sex and to have a baby, she put herself in this situation and the outcome could have been alot better if she had just dealt with the situation like an adult and gave the child to someone who cared! she should not be out, she should get same treatment as anyone else who kills someone!
      by Anonymous on Oct 1, 2011 at 01:42 PM in reply to Sick of people like this!
      you are right but why didnt she tell her mother was the m;other out partying to much?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130343528 - witn.com/a?a=130343528