Suspicious Man Running Between Houses Arrested, Faces 14 Charges

An investigation about a suspicious person running between houses landed a man behind bars on numerous charges, including possession of a stolen firearm.

The Rocky Mount Police Department says 30-year-old Thomas Bullard threw down a handgun when he saw the officers Wednesday afternoon on Barnes Street and took off. He was arrested following a short foot chase.

In addition to the stolen firearm offense, Bullard is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, resist, obstruct or delay and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He was also served with nine additional failure to appear warrants. Bond was set at 23-hundred dollars.

• by Poor White Trash Location: Washington on Jun 2, 2011 at 01:14 PM
    I agree with you 100% E.B.C. once you are in the system there is very close to way out. I still get denied jobs because of crimes I did 13 years ago.Once you do your time that is supposed to it, integrate back into society and live a better life. Unfortunately it is not that simple, you pay for any mistake you make for the rest of your life.IT is is called unjust persecution. Or we can just make death the mandatory sentence of all crimes regardless of degree or reason and that will save everyone allot of trouble. BY the way Ive never stolen anything, the drugs I used were bought with the money I made from the sweat off my back, and the man I beat had physically and mentally abused me for years, so before you "law abiding citizens" come out the side of your neck with smart @$$ remarks you should probably get all the facts straight, instead of just jumping to conclusions.
  • by Jason Location: Nashville on May 30, 2011 at 05:51 PM
    I bet his momma is convinced that he did not do it (as always) he is a good man. ha ha ha..... what a crock.
  • by Educated Black Male Location: Greenville on May 29, 2011 at 01:00 PM
    "Repeat Offender" Do you mean the person who has payed their "debt to society" and has been released into a world that has systematically excluded them from society? Example, "It is against our corporate policy to hire Felons" or, "It is against our corporate policy to approve rental applications for anyone with a criminal background." I'm not saying that these individuals are not responsible for putting themselves in this situation, THEY ARE! However, I don't see any clear path for these individuals to become the nice law-abiding taxpaying citizens that you want them to be. There is little-to-no opportunity for SELF-IMPROVEMENT. This is where the "Repeat Offender" becomes trapped. No job, no where to live, but this person still has to feed themselves and their families. Oh yeah, they will also violate probation and return to jail if they can not meet the state mandated supervision fees. Many "Repeat Offenders" are committing crimes to in order to "pay-off" the system. SMH It's clear to me because I actually care! If we solve this problem, we will see a sharp decline in "Repeat Offenders". I just call it like I see it! It's easy to run your mouth about something you never attempted to understand. (Eastern NC seem to have an extremely high percentage of these ignorant types) It's another thing to actually analyze the real issues that plague this nation. If this concept went over your head, don't worry about it, I wasn't talking to you anyway. By the way...What's it like to live in fear? I wouldn't know. lol P.S. The NAACP is a joke, racism is not!
  • by REALLY?? Location: ENC on May 27, 2011 at 06:35 AM
    Yet another waste of tax dollars. Get a job scumbag and stop stealing from people. Oh but I bet the system has failed this degenerate along with all of the other degenerates who make a conscious decision to be criminals instead of productive members of tax paying society.
  • by Carrier on May 27, 2011 at 04:58 AM
    If you don't own a gun, buy one and learn to use it, then carry it. There are people like this guy everywhere, around you every day.
  • by Law Change on May 27, 2011 at 04:48 AM
    "possession of a firearm by a convicted felon" ...Goodness knows, in Rocky Mount you NEED a gun just to walk the streets. They need to repeal the law so that convicted felons (armed robbers & murderers) can carry a gun legally. Just because you shot/killed somebody is no indication that you'll do it again. Besides, if the DID shoot someone, it was probably self defense. Rocky Mount locals are sweet, decent people!
  • by Anonymous on May 27, 2011 at 04:01 AM
    Failure to appear?What for?Child support?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122706529 - witn.com/a?a=122706529