String Of Vehicle Break-Ins In Greenville Reported

Authorities are investigating a string of vehicle break-ins that happened overnight on Thursday in Greenville.

According to online reports four victims reported their vehicles broken into in front of their homes. It happened on Live Oak Lane, Sheffield Court, Hicote Court, and Pin Oak Court. Those four locations are close to each other.

The break-ins happened sometime between 7 p.m. Thursday to 8:30 a.m. Friday. The victims noticed their property missing early Friday morning.

Victims reported cash, electronics, and credit cards stolen. The stolen items total thousands of dollars.

• by well on Mar 14, 2012 at 06:29 AM
    I heard ECU Campus cops caught two last night....in greenville's jurisdiction...and from the way it sounded on the scanner, it took the city guys almost an hour to even show up.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 12, 2012 at 01:49 PM
    Over the past 10 years of living in Greenville, my vehicles have been broken into twice while in my driveway overnight... and I live in a nice neighborhood off firetower road. In the 90's. I lived in DC for 6 years and my car was never broken in... Maybe this is just a coincidence, but I don't think so.
      by Charles on Mar 12, 2012 at 02:20 PM in reply to
      Go back to DC!
        by Anonymous on Mar 12, 2012 at 04:34 PM in reply to Charles
        Ah, love that Southern hospitality!
      by Sam on Mar 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM in reply to
      Question is what's your definition of nice?
  • by Pete Location: Grifton on Mar 12, 2012 at 09:46 AM
    We now have too! many loose nut's between the seat and steering wheel& too! few shooters willing to protect themselves and their property.
  • by George Location: Greenville on Mar 12, 2012 at 09:34 AM
    Cash & credit cards left in the car? Heck that is a billboard for a thief. When will people start using their heads and protect their valuables? Take some personal responsibility folks!
      by Anonymous on Mar 13, 2012 at 06:37 PM in reply to George
      billboard? please explain, it was night so they had already made there minds up to steal.
  • by SierraLeigh on Mar 12, 2012 at 09:26 AM
    Crime is down? I think someone was paid extra to post that article because the news sure doesn't indicate that. I'm so glad I don't live there. I'd surely carry a gun if I did.
  • by me Location: Washington on Mar 12, 2012 at 09:13 AM
    Who is dumb enough to leave their cash and credit cards in their car?? How hard is it to carry it inside when you get home? Whew, that credit card is HEAVY... you deserve to get it stolen if you don't protect it any better!
  • by David Location: Greenville on Mar 12, 2012 at 07:14 AM
    No worries, Crime is down. Carry on.
  • by another Location: winterville on Mar 12, 2012 at 07:11 AM
    It should also be noted that a string of the same type of breakins was reported in Winterville for Friday night. Victims woke up Sat a.m. to find money etc stolen out of cars in the Winterfield subdivision.
  • by Al on Mar 12, 2012 at 06:03 AM
    Cash and credit cards left in vehicles? If you live in Greenville and leave anything valuable in your car consider it a gift. Greenville residents hould know that by now.
  • by Johnny on Mar 12, 2012 at 05:11 AM
    LOL... In a related story, a vehicle is believed to have broken into a Greenville Dollar General store.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142269985 - witn.com/a?a=142269985