Shot Fired In Greenville Home Invasion

Police have not made any arrests in a home invasion and armed robbery that happened Monday night in Greenville.

Police say a shot was fired in the attack at a home on White Hollow Drive around 9:00 p.m.

A police report says a woman and two children were in the home when two armed people forced their way through the front door. A semi-automatic weapon was used in the home invasion.

The report says the robbers knew the location of cash that was hidden in the home, and that they cased the location before pulling off the crime.

No description of the robbers was listed on the police report.

• by In This Case... on Dec 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    My wife uses pepper spray. I've always used my wits to talk my way out of violent situations. I haven't "fought" anyone since I was in school (16 y/o)....and BTW, To Malcom: my comment wasn't "racist", I was stating a fact. I'm sorry you're all hurt & sore about that fact. Please don't hate me just because I speak the truth. I'm sure you could find several other things to hate me for...(I have more money than you, a nicer house, a better upbringing, more educated, more worldly....the list goes on)
      by Anonymous on Dec 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM in reply to In This Case...
      Time for you to come down off your pedestal. You are no better than anyone else.
      by Anonymous on Dec 29, 2011 at 01:25 PM in reply to In This Case...
      And I bet you know important people and have all kinds of political clout. But people like me have never been jealous of anyone in our adult lives. We look at people for what they are and what they have done in their lives. I'm poor but there are some wealthy people I wouldn't give the time of day to. As another poster stated, come down off your pedestal.
      by jazzcat on Dec 29, 2011 at 01:28 PM in reply to In This Case...
      In This Case is hilarious! A few points, simpleton: 1-Statistically, if you are attacked, it will most likely be by someone of your own race. 2-You're completely ignorant of any other poster's financial background; so your feeble attempts to assume a superior position on an ANONYMOUS message board is a clear indicator that you suffer from some sort of inferiority complex. 3-If you were worldly, or educated, you would have known #1 and #2.
        by Theresa on Dec 29, 2011 at 07:14 PM in reply to jazzcat
        Great post! Wish I had thought to say that. You are absolutely correct.
      by Anonymous on Dec 29, 2011 at 08:04 PM in reply to In This Case...
      Crime does not descriminate. Ok, I get it you are a person on means it does make you better than anyone else. It also does not protect you more on the street. Sometimes you need back up when talking does not work. Sorry but that's the truth.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 29, 2011 at 09:49 AM
    i do not beleive in killing unless you are going to eat it either, but if someone comes into my home my safe haven, and threatens me or my children, i pray God will give me the stregth to use the common scence he has given me to defend myself. Material things can be replaced, but my or my families life can not! Never say what you will not do, until you are put in that situation. I have walked in on people in my home before, not a good feeling.
  • by cj on Dec 29, 2011 at 09:38 AM
    something is fishy here. wouldn't be surprised to learn that the thugs were after more than money. an unreported drug stash perhaps? to know where cash is stashed in someone's home one would have to have an intimate knowledge of the home owners tendencies. not something you gather from watching windows. i suspect the robbers were acquaintences of the robbed.
      by Uhhu on Dec 30, 2011 at 02:00 PM in reply to cj
      Exactly, big time dope dealers don't live in the slums, trailor parks, they live in nice hoods, they try and blend in while appearing to be normal people.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 29, 2011 at 04:41 AM
    If one of these Thugs try to come in my house, their low life Moms will wish she had raised them right. I guess their mommy couldn't see their paints falling off, dreads, or the trash they hung with.
  • by To: in this case: Location: My house on Dec 28, 2011 at 09:53 PM
    I was home w/ my baby & husband when an intruder broke in. Proud my husband had the guts to get our gun & hold the robber at bay until LEOs arrived. No loss of life for this repeat offender, but u can bet the farm if shoot to kill had of been necessary, it wouldnt have been a problem.
      by Anonymous on Jan 1, 2012 at 09:03 AM in reply to To: in this case:
      No, chop off both so there can be no next time.
  • by odin on Dec 28, 2011 at 08:34 PM
    chop off one of their hands leave one for next time
  • by ralphie Location: ahoskie on Dec 28, 2011 at 07:05 PM
    really, home invasion- even if nobody home- needs to be punished by taking the life of the criminal. And if we also took the life of the parents and children it would really stop quickly.
  • by Native Location: Grantsboro on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    Everyone needs to pay attention to this and related stories. All the folks that say why buy a gun, what are you so scared of, need to pay attention too. The thugs don't care who you are. Arm yourself for the sake and safety of your family.
      by In This Case... on Dec 28, 2011 at 02:00 PM in reply to Native
      I think the gun would have been stolen, too. If they knew the layout and had "cased the joint", I'm sure they knew there was a gun and would have taken it, too. ..also, consider that not everyone has the fortitude to fire a gun. I'm saying that, if put in a situation where I was forced to shoot a gun at somebody, I don't know if my tender, kind heart would allow me to "shoot-to-kill" anyone (even if they're firing at me). I don't believe in killing unless you're gonna eat it....and I don't eat humans. I don't want a gun. Never owned one. I don't want friends that own guns.
        by Anonymous on Dec 28, 2011 at 04:05 PM in reply to In This Case...
        This is the way I look at it, these punks are trying to take what you worked hard for, your just protecting yourself. When people who rob start getting killed, it will send a meassage that people are sick and tired of these punks.
        by ralphie on Dec 28, 2011 at 04:13 PM in reply to In This Case...
        I T C: instead of "shoot to kill" try looking at it like "shoot to stop an attack on innocents". The fact that they may die and the fault for same, is entirely upon the Occupational Hazard of the moron choosing to be a criminal. No guilt upon defenders! See?
        by Anonymous on Dec 28, 2011 at 04:23 PM in reply to In This Case...
        What would your kind tender heart allow you to do if someone broke into your home and imposed a threat against your loved ones and you???
          by In This Case... on Dec 28, 2011 at 07:37 PM in reply to
          I guess I'll know when that happens. Lucky for me, I live in a decent neighborhood. Mostly White People.
        by Malcom on Dec 29, 2011 at 05:18 AM in reply to In This Case...
        Do you have to be that blatant with your comment about living in white neighborhood? I am a white guy and you are a racist for making this sort of comment. Talk about the facts to back your opinion up.
          by for in this case on Dec 29, 2011 at 06:25 AM in reply to Malcom
          It will be to late to figure out what you would do when it happens.
          by to In This Case... on Dec 29, 2011 at 08:15 AM in reply to Malcom
          How does your tender heart feel about using pepper spray? I don't think many, if any, dangerous thugs have died from pepper spray! Pepper spray is not a match against a thug with a gun but it could save you against a thug without a gun!
          by pissed off on Dec 29, 2011 at 09:29 AM in reply to Malcom
          You say you live in a decent neighborhood, "mostly white people" well you should do your research...White Hollow Dr. is a decent neighborhood and is "mostly white people"!!!!! So what can you say now!!!! Stop being a racist and realize crime happens anywhere and to anybody....doesn't matter the race!!!!!!!!
        by Can happen anywhere on Dec 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM in reply to In This Case...
        You most definately need to take your blinders off. I live in an all white, decent, kind neighborhood where everyone knows everyone. Also have 2 police officers who live just a few houses away. Yet a couple of years ago my neighbor was robbed at gunpoint. Turned out to be a couple of drug addicts looking for things to sell for drugs. They were not even from our county. You are not immune to crime. Time to climb out of your box. It's not even safe there anymore.
      by Anonymous on Dec 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM in reply to Native
      Agreed. Would a thug go into a house knowing that the ower was ready to defend themselves with deadly force? Maybe criminals don't think that way but I'm willing to bet they would think twice. My grandparents slept with a shotgun at he ready and everybody knew it. Nobody ever broke into their house.Until very recently I never thought I would do the same. Sad comentary on society and the state of gtroit.
  • by crime and punishment on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    Too bad the occupants didn't have the ability to enforce the castle doctrine, might have been the last time these thugs tried this.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    Didn't the two who robbed the bank live on White Hollow? What's going on over yonder?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136315943 - witn.com/a?a=136315943