Roanoke Rapids Woman Charged With Stabbing

A woman is under arrest for a stabbing in Roanoke Rapids.

The Halifax County Sheriff's Office says 27-year-old Kisha Hunter is behind bars, charged with assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill and inflict serious injury.

Hunter was arrested after lawmen responded to a domestic dispute on Melody Lane in Roanoke Rapids on Saturday. She's being held without bond until her court date in April.

Authorities say the victim was treated for his injuries at Halifax Regional Hospital.

• by Fair is Fair Location: Greenville on Mar 8, 2012 at 03:49 AM
    Oh please... All race gets in trouble.. I don't care about the percentage!!! Now that we can look up on the NCDOC.,Google.,have the Slammer paper & this here site,we can finally see that our kind "ain't" the only one committing crimes now. You can throw your percentage East & South but it still falls on the fact that crimes is committed in all Races!!! All I'm saying is,BE FAIR!! Stop going on post that when a"BLACK PERSON" has committed a crime & talk about how he is either on ,WELFARE,DRUGS,GET FOODSTAMPS ETC ETC... I don't know why some white folks feel like " only blacks" get foodstamps!! Get a clue if you think that's true.. I used to work part time (2nd job) yes,I'm black & I always worked two jobs... & it was a lot of "whites" coming into the store with Wic vouchers,Foodstamps etc etc... In this was Winterville Foodlion!!! Some look like they just got off a 9-5!! I done seen it all.. We are still in a Recession.. Whites not only getting a lot of assistances they even living in Public Housing.. Yes,that's my main job! So,this is get so sick of theses negative comments bc if you need help,you need help & HELP don't have no color code on it.. So,please stop with the racist comments on black criminal post but when a white person does something wrong,I never see "Oh hes a Obama voter" it's always either oh that crime want all that bad,or he must had a bad upbringing!! Are you serious!! Fair is Fair!!! Be Equal
  • by winning! on Mar 6, 2012 at 01:08 PM
    Government cheese!!!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 07:42 AM
    Honestly I don't think we have the whole story. I'd like to know WHY she stabbed him? Domestic violence call could be that he was beating her and she stabbed him to protect herself. It could be that he has beaten her in the past and she got tired of it and stabbed him. Until we get the whole story, it's not for me to judge.
  • by gypsy's gmama Location: enc on Mar 5, 2012 at 06:47 PM
    There are 3 sides to every story..His, hers and the truth. Just saying, we were not there. And I think this is NOT the mugshot pic. So sad that it came down to violence. Everyone is capable of violence, but what separates us is the ability to not act upon it.
  • by Smh on Mar 5, 2012 at 05:37 PM
    This is clearly her license/ID picture.. Look at the background.. What y'all don't smile for the camera,. Smh so quick to judge when WITN don't tell us the whole story!!! I so sick of these white racist ppl getting on her,commenting when it's a "black person" commenting a crime but when it's somebody "white" it's that his childhood must been bad.. My question to the racist ppl,"what did y'all have to say when the 41yr old teacher left his wife/kids for a 18yr old.,or when the man killed his wife,Tony Young,or what the old man that was naked when the school bus pass,no where near finish,the young white guy that was stealing Pills at his job... The list goes on & on.. What you didn't think your kind get in trouble.. Get a life!!!
      by me on Mar 5, 2012 at 07:09 PM in reply to Smh
      I agree with part of your post but read the national news for an example, New Orleans over 95% of murders were black killing black. Wonder what the percentage is here. Yes all people commit crimes. Just think about it before you judge everyone.
      by Melissa on Mar 5, 2012 at 07:49 PM in reply to Smh
      I am white and I totally agree with your post. It's easy to show your true colors when you are behind a computer screen. I too have noticed the racisim shown by white people up here. If white teens get caught with pot, then it should be leagalized and leave those poor kids alone. If black teens get caught with pot, they should be put in prison the rest of their life. So sick of double standards and bigotry!
      by cuz on Mar 5, 2012 at 08:14 PM in reply to Smh
      All "kinds" get in trouble, but blacks are at the top of the list! If the truth offends you, oh well...
      by Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012 at 06:12 AM in reply to Smh
      I love it! You judge all white people by the actions of a few and then scream racism. Do us a favor. Look up the word hypocrisy in the dictionary.
  • by tasha Location: jacksonville on Mar 5, 2012 at 05:25 PM
    Wow is every black person on welfare, how stupid can you really be to think that, I hope a person with your mind set is not on her jury, or any one's jury,.
  • by Stop Passing Judgement Location: Winterville on Mar 5, 2012 at 02:53 PM
    People are so cruel to pass judgement on this lady...for real people stop making people out to be the worst...she could have stabbed him in defense for Her LIFE.....people are so funny these days they talk about black people being on welfare and the white people are the main ones in front of the lines....GETTING THEIRS......STOP BEING RACIST AND SHOW LOVE!!!!!!!!
      by David on Mar 5, 2012 at 05:05 PM in reply to Stop Passing Judgement
      Well then, if she did so in self defense in fear of her life......then why was she arrested?????? Apparently the evidence is overwhelmingly against her for her to have these charges, furthermore, there is more to the story for her to be in jail without bond.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 5, 2012 at 02:23 PM
    She looks a little to happy to have just been charged with trying to kill someone. Guess she is proud of herself. Hope the DA uses this mug shot to show she is not sorry for what she did.
  • by me on Mar 5, 2012 at 01:23 PM
    to CONCERNED: uh, yes I would. This is not a race issue--you are the one making it a race issue. The fact that she is smiling with glee is my issue.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
    Typical Halifax County reaction to criminal charges.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141415913 - witn.com/a?a=141415913