Williamston Homicide Suspect In Custody

Williamston police say the man wanted for killing his father-in-law turned himself into authorities late Thursday night.

Travis Capeheart, 23, turned himself in at the Williamston Police Department around 11 p.m. Thursday, according to a press release. Capeheart was charged with murder and is being held without bond in the Bertie Martin Regional Jail.

Capeheart is scheduled to appear in Martin County District Court on October 24.

Previous Story:
Williamston police are looking for a murder suspect who they say shot and killed his father-in-law this morning.

Dead is Miguel Pedro of Williamston. The shooting happened around 6:45 a.m. at a home at 819 West Main Street.

Wanted for Pedro's murder is Travis Capehart of Gumb Tree Trail. Police say the 23-year-old man was the victim's estranged son-in-law.

Anyone with information on the murder or the location of Capehart should contact the Williamston Police Department at 252-792-2124, Martin County Crime Stoppers at 252-792-8800 or their local law enforcement agency.

Capehart has a prior record for communicating threats in 2009 and has other pending charges.

Previous Story

Williamston police say they are investigating a homicide this morning.

It happened at a home in the 800 block of West Main Street. Neighbors say they saw police activity just before school this morning.

Police tape surrounded the neatly-kept one-story white frame house, while lawmen searched woods behind the home. A neighbor says some six or seven people lived at the home.

Police have not said who was killed, or it they have a suspect.

• by Anonymous on Oct 7, 2011 at 07:16 PM
    I wonder why some of you take up so much for the WPD and some in Martin County that know much about WPD they could get most them fired.
  • by sincere Location: Everywhere on Sep 18, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    The prayers of the righteous availeth much.Let us pray without ceasing to win the mind, hearts and souls of our young and old to the lord. We are living in divers time.You can see it in the signs. Drugs give the courage to take a life as if it is nothing.
  • by Jerrie on Sep 18, 2011 at 08:23 AM
    Innocent Until proven guilty, I think all of you have forgotten that everyone is entitled to a fair trial, but you have deemed this young man guilty with no facts or evidence. You can't render a person guilty from past/previous actions. The police have not even released any updated information surrounding what actually happened as of yet. My heart goes out to the Pedro family and my heart goes out to Travis and his family; my prayers are with you all. Travis your family loves you. This is a tragedy,I am not trying to make excuses but just pointing out the facts.
  • by Anonymous Location: Rocky Mount on Sep 18, 2011 at 06:42 AM
    My prayers goes out to both family. I knew Travis he was a family member.Nothing do not justify 4 what he did.My prayers goes out to the Pedro family. Travis you need GOD. I am telling you the truth. Without GOD you have nothing.
  • by Anonymous on Sep 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    I am sorry Pedro family for your lost. I did not know Mr. Pedro, but anytime someone loses anyone in their family that is a great loss. May God bless you.
  • by Who_it_aint Location: Williamston on Sep 17, 2011 at 08:23 AM
    As I am reading through the comments, it is interesting how the Martin County law enforcement had time to post comments. Since they work so hard and all. Yeah they work really hard, at pretending to work hard. My prayers go out to the Pedro family.
      by Anonymous on Sep 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM in reply to Who_it_aint
      Thank you Who_it_aint. These people are really fooling themselves if they think Martin County law enforcements think anything of them. They did a good job of sitting on their butts waiting for this guy to turn himself in. Thank you for turning yourself in Travis and if you need help please ask for it.
  • by Lamont Location: Greenville on Sep 17, 2011 at 01:18 AM
    Travis Caphert is my brother and nothing do nt justify 4 wat he did bt no matter wat he is my brother and I love him with his faults and all srry dat it had 2 end dis way my prayers go out to the Pedros' family may god be with u through ur time of sorrow again nothing justify 2 travis action thats my brother so I am going to stick by his side no matter wat travis I love u an pray dat u seek God bc thats who u need the most stay up bro and instead of me talkn dwn on u I am going 2 pray for u
  • by Baker Location: Williamston on Sep 16, 2011 at 07:07 PM
    And the beat goes on... same old same old story.... Baykha!!
  • by Malik Peter Pop PPop Pop wendys and arbys on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    Take his tail to jail and teach him a lessonto not killed no one that he hate.
  • by mmp Location: Pinetown on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    He needs to be put to the death penatly!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129895273 - witn.com/a?a=129895273