Pitt County Teen Arrested For Armed Robbery

A Pitt County teen is facing armed robbery charges for a hold-up in Edgecombe County. Lawmen believe with his arrest, they may have put a gang member behind bars.

Carlton Waller, 17, of Ayden, was arrested and charged with armed robbery, possession of a stolen fire arm and a pattern of gang activity.

Waller is accused of robbing the Handy Mart on Main St. in Tarboro, according to the Daily Southerner.

• by Mad!! Location: ENC on Aug 12, 2011 at 10:26 AM
    Really don't care what his pathetic circumstances are. You reap what you sow....
  • by teach Location: grifton on Aug 11, 2011 at 04:00 PM
    What is so scary about this is that he was probably going to an area high school where he sold drugs and carried weapons onto campus. Not to mention likely recruiting other gang members from the school.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 11, 2011 at 03:12 PM
    The boy may have been label as a gang member because of who he hangs with and the type of crimes they have in the area related to gangs. Why does that matter anyway they got someone off the streets that was doing somethin he ought not to be. To the parents who keep their kids in line. Kudos, so many(not all) "parents" these days dont care what their kids do then wonder why they are picking them up from jail or burying them.
  • by County Citizen Location: Pitt County on Aug 11, 2011 at 03:09 PM
    Gangs are in Pitt County...In the near future the Gangs will become a problem for not only citizens in greenville or outside Pitt County...So there for we need to start looking for a new Sheriff to elect.. Whose not afraid of being Pro Active...Just saying.
  • by to Kathy on Aug 11, 2011 at 01:02 PM
    You are so right. I have a friend who is a male who cannot control his son. Lord knows he tries, but he has fail. I think some days he will have a heart attack trying to get through to him. His mother does not care and treats the father as if the son is really not his child. I am a single black mother(yes a taxpayer)raising a son(father in military), but I get the most disrespect when it comes to my son. People in Eastern NC do not take to kindly to single mothers that is why they think he is a man. To Al Bundy going to church does not mean a thing, I also know some bad ones in church.
  • by faithnglory Location: greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    What he did was wrong but how dare the police label this as gang activity. Every crime that is committed is not gang related and this should not be looked at as if thats another gang member off the streets because its not true. They need to be looking for the real gang members
  • by Lurking Location: Ayden on Aug 11, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    Breaking News ::: 89 year old Granny Arrested For Jaywalking. Police believe they have taken another gang member off the street.
      by Anonymous on Aug 11, 2011 at 02:42 PM in reply to Lurking
      Stupid remark.
      by Kira on Sep 20, 2011 at 07:17 AM in reply to Lurking
      He Just Represented...Come On Now Get Tha Story Riight Before You Say "Gang Member"
  • by Al BUNDY on Aug 11, 2011 at 09:35 AM
    To Peace 35 I have a 17 yo son too. I give you a thank you because you and I make sure our kids do the right thing. He My son is in church and does what he is supposed to. Now this does not mean he is perfect , he is your typical 17 yo boy. Mine lives with his mama and he knows that if he messes up I am there to take care of it when his mama calls.but his mama does a great job!I am a firm believer in it takes a village to raise a child.My Ex wife's family and mine are involved too. Put God and great parents and a young person will make it. God bless you for being the man you are to take care of him and raising him right!
  • by Russ Location: Henderson on Aug 11, 2011 at 06:33 AM
    I bet he is already out on bond and will be arrested again for another crime before he goes to court on this one.
  • by peace35 Location: greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 04:57 AM
    I have a 17 year old African American son and he wear urban clothing listen to rap music but I better not dare hear him or see him act of any activity of gang nor will I not know of his whereabouts after 9pm. Parents, grandparents, guaridians, please step up to your parental duties before they label all our kids as gang members, and thugs,etc.
      by JC on Aug 11, 2011 at 05:10 AM in reply to peace35
      Thank you sir for doing your best, it's MEN like you that help me keep faith in our declining society!
      by GREAT on Aug 11, 2011 at 05:13 AM in reply to peace35
      You should be commended on your views of parenting. I wish more parents were like you. Great Job !!!!!!!!!
      by Boats on Aug 11, 2011 at 05:28 AM in reply to peace35
      I commend you sir. It's a crying shame there aren't more of your type of parents around.
        by Kathy on Aug 11, 2011 at 09:54 AM in reply to Boats
        How do you know this is a man? It could be a single black mother. Do you think that only men can keep a kid in line? My son much rather deal with the police than his mama. He has never been in trouble. He is 19 and I ALWAYS know where he is. My house, my rules. He is never late because he knows he won't be able to get in the house and he does not fancy sleeping in his truck.
          by here on Aug 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM in reply to Kathy
          Ms. Kathy, It doesn't really matter does it. People are for once being postive on here and you have to come on here and complain about gender. It does not make a hill of beans of difference. just raise your kids right!!! MALE OR FEMALE. Some folks are never happy, jeez.
      by Sam on Aug 11, 2011 at 07:21 AM in reply to peace35
      If there were just more parents like you, this world would be a better place. Way to keep your son in line.
      by Rudy on Aug 11, 2011 at 01:57 PM in reply to peace35
      Thank you.
        by Kira on Sep 20, 2011 at 07:15 AM in reply to Rudy
        Not

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127511083 - witn.com/a?a=127511083