Pitt County Men Jailed On Pot Charges

Three Pitt County men spent Christmas weekend in jail after being arrested on drug charges.

Billy Grizzard III of Blackjack Simpson Road was arrested Christmas Eve on two marijuana possession charges, and maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for drugs. He also faces two counts of breaking and entering, possession of a stolen firearm and larceny after breaking and entering from a previous incident.

James Elks, 20, of NC 102 E in Ayden, and Brandon Ochoa, 23, of Bill Adams Road in Grimesland, were charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks says they got a call about suspicious vehicle on Country Club Road outside Ayden. Elks says that area has had break-ins in the past. Deputies couldn't locate a suspect immediately, but a short time later spotted a vehicle speeding. Grizzard was behind the wheel.

Sheriff Elks says Grizzard was cited for speeding and gave consent to have his vehicle searched. Deputies say they found 112 grams of marijuana, electronic scales and drug paraphernalia.

Elks says no one claimed possession of the drugs, so all were cited.

Grizzard was already under electronic monitoring following previous charges of breaking and entering. The 23-year-old remains jailed under a $325,000 bond. Elks' bond was set at $75,000 and Ochoa's bond was set at $25,000.

• by Understanding Location: Greenville, NC on Jan 7, 2012 at 02:57 PM
    Billy I am so very sorry for what you and your wife are going through addiction is never easy and I honestly know what your going through with "peoples" opinions of your son. My son also took a wrong path for awhile; just keep your chin up. Your in my thoughts.---Kimberly
  • by Anonymous on Dec 31, 2011 at 04:41 PM
    Everyone needs to stop talking bad about billy he is a good guy and he knows what he did is wrong.
  • by vicky on Dec 30, 2011 at 09:14 PM
    i dont understand why all these people are up here talkn down on Billy... if u dont like him or like his ways then why r u even worried about what he did why he did it or ANYTHING??? can any1 answer that? he messed up but i know that he was pressured into doing it & he didnt steal the 1st time he got caught either so leave him alone this is his life & only he can turn it around ok! Mr.Billy im tired of reading these peoples comments thats tlkn down on him so i had 2 say it. i love ur son more than anything<3 All my prayers so out to yall
  • by To Billy's father on Dec 30, 2011 at 06:53 PM
    I am proud of you for standing up for your son. You are a good father. I am sorry he is going through this. A drug addiction is really a bad thing. Please keep standing by him.
  • by Suck it Up on Dec 30, 2011 at 09:12 AM
    Yeah, no one should go around feeling sorry for him! "Life's tough, get a helmet." But someone should inform him to not go off & steal one!
  • by Billy Location: Greenville on Dec 29, 2011 at 09:54 AM
    I am sorry i offened anyone with my typing skills. I am also sorry that someone has a personal problem with me or my son. I am also sorry thag someones parents didnt love them. I feel sorry for your kid or kids. If you would feel better about yourself you can call me. You know who i am as well as i know who you are. No fight or anything i just hate for you to carry all that hate on your chest.call me. Get it off. I am man enough to take it.
  • by mdg Location: Washington on Dec 29, 2011 at 07:16 AM
    FYI: Opiates (pain pills or heroin are the same drug, btw) are very physically addictive. One percocet a day for a period of time is very difficult to stop without physical symptoms of withdrawal resulting. It alters the way chemicals react in the brain. Once depraved of the opiate, the brain doesn't adjust and severe physical symptoms arise for a lengthy period of time. Its very similar to a very bad case of the flu - hot/cold sweats, muscle cramps, vomiting, sleeplessness. It is bad stuff. Another issue with opiate use is the body's tolerance to the drug. It ever increases therefore the body needing more and more to maintain "normalcy." So my point is, whether someone is prescribed opiates for the long term by a doctor, or if someone is taking them off the streets -pills or heroin, both will feel the same if they stop taking the "drug". Both will crave the drug no differently. Eventually, both will seek out the drug inevitably. A "script" doesn't exempt someone from the "Monkey."
  • by to BILLY/BILL or whatever on Dec 29, 2011 at 06:40 AM
    TYPING LIKE THIS ISN'T GOING TO HELP YOU GET YOUR POINT ACROSS. It only adds to how ignorant you are making yourself & your family look, just saying... But go ahead & waste your time commenting on this too, attempting to stand up for your worthless son is only adding fuel to this fire, but go ahead anyway I know you will :)
      by mdg on Dec 29, 2011 at 07:01 AM in reply to to BILLY/BILL or whatever
      His Point? What do you think his point is? He loves his son and will do what any loving father will do in a case such as this. No father's son is worthless. Perhaps you should look in the mirror sometime. "Real 'Perty', aren't ya!"
        by HAHAHA on Dec 29, 2011 at 09:10 AM in reply to mdg
        Oh look at you, thinking you are so smart! I understand unconditional love, but there are in fact worthless ppl that walk the face of this earth. Thieves, drug addicts, and liars are amongst the variety of people that make the TOP of that list. If my memory serves me right, he fits into all of those. So, golf-clap to you for thinking you were making a note worthy contribution. & I am gorgeous, NO criminal record whatsoever, & no illigetimate children. So, fact: I am better.
      by Anonymous on Dec 29, 2011 at 07:28 AM in reply to to BILLY/BILL or whatever
      Obviously you have no children!!! He isn't "attempting" to stand up for his son...he IS supporting his son. Its called unconditional love.
        by mdg on Dec 29, 2011 at 02:25 PM in reply to
        You are absolutely right! Its probably difficult for this commentor to understand something they have never experienced.
  • by vicky on Dec 28, 2011 at 08:14 PM
    i wish people would stop talking down on this man & his family, yea its his fault by what he did but its already over with now. its his life & he'll learn from his mistake not none of yall. i love him with all my heaart & more. all my prayers go out to the Grizzard Family<3 i love yall & yall will 4ever be in my heart. stay strong mr.Billy he only neeeds help, prayer, support & most of all god. nomatter what the crime was hes still a human being & deserves 2 b treatd like that not like trash on the ground... thanks
  • by sean Location: greenville on Dec 27, 2011 at 09:24 PM
    If yall don't know billy leave him alone. I'm not justifying what he did, but I used to hang out with him back in the day and he was a good friend, I just pray for his family and him and hope he gets the help he needs. And if you don't know him don't assume things or make accusations about him.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136224053 - witn.com/a?a=136224053