Owner: Winterville Restaurant Robbed At Knife Point

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

The owner of a chinese restaurant says he plans to take a concealed carry class and carry a gun after a robbery Tuesday night.

The owner of Number One restaurant in Winterville, a chinese restaurant at 4842 Old Tar Road, says a knife-wielding robber came in last night and demanded money. He says the robber had a blue bandana over his face and a hood over his head and pulled out a two-feet long hunting knife and demanded money. The robber then took off behind the restaurant. There were no customers inside at the time and no one was injured.

• by Open Carry Location: SN, Halifax Co on Mar 9, 2012 at 06:59 AM
    Why not just open carry if it is legal in your town? I do almost everyday simply because I carry cash and checks related to my job. Although, I can tell you that it can become a bit of a pain. And we should all occasionally exercise our Constitutional rights or they will assuredly disappear.
      by REM on Mar 9, 2012 at 09:10 AM in reply to Open Carry
      You're right about that.
  • by TomCat on Mar 8, 2012 at 04:19 PM
    I know who it was.it was Crocodile Dundee with that size knife.
  • by Al Again on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    In reply to "wake up folks": What? welfare free cell phones? I know your kidding. If they have no bills why are they robbing and killing people? That confirms that there is no value of human life. It has become a sport and "America's new and favorite pasttime". I should say "America's not so new/current and future pasttime.
      by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2012 at 07:25 PM in reply to Al Again
      How doess everything resort to welfare with you people no matter what the topic is? In reality take away welfare and it will get worse cause half of you racist folks aren't gonna hire a black person no more than this chinese restaurant owner. Most of you folk sound crazy and in need of therapy.
  • by Thatguy Location: greenville on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    I eat there all the time, great people and food..People who look at sanitation grades need to stay at home and cook, what if we graded your kitchen for cleanliness.. Yeah, so stop worrying about it and be mad at the punk who robbed the place, as far as race, come on now.. did you really have to ask???..
      by Danny on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM in reply to Thatguy
      Thank you Thatguy for your support. Our sanitation grades is currently at 96.5, we will continue do what we do best, our business thrive because of loyal customers like you.
  • by Native Location: Grantsboro on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    It is a pure shame but when I heard this story the first thing that came to my mind is thank God they didnt use a firearm because then the anti-gun crowd would be on the war path. Aint it funny how they never call for knife control?
      by REM on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM in reply to Native
      They never seem to make that connection.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    The Number One restaurant reminds me of a saying by Rodney Dangerfield "Look out for number one and try not to step in number two."
  • by Yes on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    Hello Danny I live in Winterville and I know your restaurant is fine and Im glad you are all okay. I will go there again soon. P.S. I hope this comment does not offend the WITN moderator.
      by Danny on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM in reply to Yes
      Thank you for your support, and we will continue providing great food to you guys.
  • by Danny Wu on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    Hi, i'm the owner of Number One restaurant, thank you all for your concern and i'm just glad nobody got hurt during this robbery. Our restaurant had been around for 14 years and sanitation is always our number one priority, the recent pest problems was cause by empty space next door, the building owner had been notify and this problem had been fixed. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at num1restaurant@gmail.com. Thank you.
      by REM on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:05 PM in reply to Danny Wu
      Hi Danny, I highly recommend that you obtain your concealed carry permit and defend your business, patrons, and family. Glad everyone is ok.
        by Danny on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM in reply to REM
        Thank you Rem. I talked to an officer last night about getting the permit, i'm definitely getting it, i want to be sure i can protect my family if it happens again.
  • by Linda on Mar 8, 2012 at 07:39 AM
    OMG! have you seen the sanitation grade? "live roach seen around food prep area; mouse droppings seen throughout facility. need proper pest control" Check out the site: http://www.pittcountync.gov/depts/health/apps/restrate/restrate-details.asp?FacilityID=06074010572
      by Anonymous on Mar 9, 2012 at 07:14 PM in reply to Linda
      Not only do they have a bad sanitation grade the food is below par in my opinion. Anyone who says this food is good obviously have never had good Chinese food. I was tired of wasting my money on shrimp fried rice with only onions and no other vegetables or sprouts like they do further north. The food is drenched in oil with hardly any flavor or seasoning and most of the time the vegetables are overcooked. Just not palatable to my taste buds. I stopped wasting my hard earned money there years ago. I'd rather go next door to Food Lion and buy frozen PF Chang dinner. I pay attention to sanitation grades because my sister works in environmental health and performs these type of inspections and you wouldn't believe some of the things they find in these restaurants. Still sorry they were robbed because they certainly didn't deserve that. Should have thrown some of that nasty hot oil on him, I bet that would have stopped him.
        by Hope on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM in reply to
        to: Anonymous:Not necessarily I've worked in plenty of restaurants and people automatically assume that its a nasty place because it is not always the case. for example: a couple of years ago i worked at Ihop and they got an inspection and they knocked points of for cashiers having drinks up front or grease being in the drains. what does a drink hurt as long as its covered and isn't by any electronics? and also so what if there is grease in the drain that's where its supposed to go when its disposed of duh, its a restaurant!
          by Anonymous on Mar 10, 2012 at 06:58 AM in reply to Hope
          Oh no! Nothing minor like that.... Try rats on the counter being prepped for human consumption and my sister saw this. Just use google it! Happy dining!
  • by Levon Location: Greenville on Mar 8, 2012 at 07:07 AM
    I believe this robbery was to obtain drug money. I can't speak for the Winterville P.D., but I also believe that the GPD knows who the biggest dealers are in G'ville/Pitt County and are deathly afraid of them. Either that or someone's being paid off. When they do make an arrest (to make themselves look good), the judge lets them out with a slap on the wrist. They making all my peoples look bad.
      by Willy on Mar 8, 2012 at 07:47 AM in reply to Levon
      Levon, did they even say what race this perp was? And besides, I dont you should talk about the Keystone Cops that way.
      by To Levon on Mar 8, 2012 at 08:41 AM in reply to Levon
      "definitely" not "deathly". I am not an English major but that was just terrible. 10 minit!!!!!
      by Open Carry on Mar 9, 2012 at 07:06 AM in reply to Levon
      Levon, I just don't think anyone can control the drug prob. It is a individual moral prob. If enough people want something, someone will provide it. I think we should treat it not as a crime but as a addiction like we do alcohol. jmho. Ron Paul 2012.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141845373 - witn.com/a?a=141845373