Police Searching For Goldsboro Murder Suspect

Goldsboro police are investigating a homicide that happened Sunday night.

Police say they responded to a call of shots fired. In a vehicle in the 900 block of Olivia Lane they say they found 21 year old Darrel Maurice Best and 18 year old Brandon Maurice Turner suffering gunshot wounds.

Both victims were transported to Wayne Memorial Hospital where police say Best was pronounced dead. Turner was treated and released.

Police are still looking for a suspect in the shooting and anyone with information can call the Goldsboro Police Department.

• by Concerned Mom Location: Goldsboro NC on Sep 6, 2011 at 02:54 PM
    I am wondering what the police is doing about the slew of breakins that is going on down there? My daughter & son in law has a house they are currently renting out down there through a rental company, which the alarm service they have only has called the police for 3 time breakins the past 2 weeks! Why can't they catch the person doing it and what is that persons motive for doing so? Makes it hard to rent a house or try to sell one when your 3200 miles away and trust that the alarm company, cops, rental/real estate agency would do their part that they are being paid to do. If you have any information please forward it on to me so I can set my daughter & her husband's mind at ease.
  • by Watching These Streets Crumble Location: Goldsboro on Sep 6, 2011 at 08:48 AM
    The small gang problem in Goldsboro will never be a concern to the police or local government until a white person gets shot and or killed. Face the the facts there has been an ongoing problem with gangs in this town for years but " its black youth killing off other black youth" why would anyone care when nobody wants to speak up? mark my words when it becomes a problem to Goldsboro Police is when the poor white guy or girl gets caught in a crossfire,raped and or just snuffed out so a new member can join the ranks of stupidity.
      by Donna on Sep 6, 2011 at 12:41 PM in reply to Watching These Streets Crumble
      I don't agree with you at all. First I don't think it's a "small" gang problem (unless you were just being sarcastic) and 2nd I believe that there is a lot of work being done to get rid of these gangs. Yeah there is a lot of "black youth" killing black youth. I agree. But there is also white / black, hispanic, white/white and so forth. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't heard of a "white" gang but that's not to say one doesn't exist. In reading a post for Anonymous Sept 6 2011 @ 0723am, the victim in this case was white.(he is a family member) And a few years ago, a 16 year old honor student, never been in any sort of trouble who just happened to be driving a vehicle that lookled like one that a gang member drove was executed and left in the back of his truck. He was white. Never found who killed that boy. I could go on and on. I believe, as do others, that LE try to downplay the problem of gangs in G'boro but I do not believe it has anything to do with color. Just sayin'.
  • by Anonymous on Sep 6, 2011 at 04:23 AM
    The police have their hands full. And this one sounds like it has all the makings of being gang related. I personally know of an incident that happened in another one of the projects here in Goldsboro in which a teenager was shot in the leg with a shotgun. He swears he has no idea who did this to him as it was during power outages with Irene and was very dark. I don't know if it was gang related or not but I do know that the person that was shot is a gang member. And there was never anything in the News Argus, WITN or any other news media. I believe that this particular case was kept hush hush due to the "gang" related crimes. It's almost like they (LE) want to keep it quiet in order to avoid any type of focus on these thugs. But I can tell you that there is a lot of crime directly linked to the gangs here. It's a shame to see these young people fall into this lifestyle when they could have had so much potential.
  • by Lil Washington on Sep 5, 2011 at 01:54 PM
    Olivia Lane...I think those are Lincoln projects, where me father lives. My The killing seriously needs to cease because I'd hate to have to stop my daughter from spending time with her grandfather!! If you know any information about the killer you need to speak up. How'd you feel if it was your brother, nephew, son or cousin?? Yeah exactly...
  • by Gville on Sep 5, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    Didn't a young man get shot and die on this same street a couple of years ago?
  • by No suspect info? Location: Greenville on Sep 5, 2011 at 05:09 AM
    No suspect information again? Yet WITN writes if anyone has information to call police? How can anyone have information with no suspect description? Boneheads.
      by Tired of It on Sep 5, 2011 at 06:41 AM in reply to No suspect info?
      How do you think they get suspect descriptions...witnesses... ya bonehead!
        by Not Too Tired on Sep 5, 2011 at 07:28 AM in reply to Tired of It
        So...these two guys got shot and have no idea of who did it. No car description, no voices heard, no clothing descriptions? Were they attacked by Ninjas?
          by dawer on Sep 5, 2011 at 05:58 PM in reply to Not Too Tired
          just let us do r job

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129249958 - witn.com/a?a=129249958