One Injured In Meth Lab Explosion At Home

Wilson County deputies are investigating a meth lab explosion at a home Sunday afternoon where one person was injured.

Deputies were called out to the scene on Weaver Road in Wilson around 12:50 p.m.

Several neighbors reported that they heard and saw two subjects coming out of the residence and one subject was on fire. They reported that the burned subject, 25-year-old Lucas Barnett, had left the scene and drove himself to the hospital.

Officials say the explosion was meth lab related. Narcotics investigators along with a meth lab clean up crew were also called to the scene.

The investigation is ongoing.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Ozman on Jan 30, 2012 at 03:52 PM
    A meth lab in Elm City, really? Who'd a thunk it....? Seriously, like this is a surprise?
  • by Mr.H on Jan 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM
    They were just preparing for the big game next week. Maybe we should go and ask them who won the game since that is where they blew themselves to. Then as a special prize give them some shiny bracelets and a free room with a scenic view of some thick iron bars. Lets say for the next twenty or thirty years.
  • by 40some on Jan 30, 2012 at 05:48 AM
    Doc on a show, "DRugs Inc." stated that the hospital bill for the crispy cooker is usually 3 million. Do they figure it out , change their lives, and become productive members to the tune of 3 million?
    • reply
      by 3 million? on Jan 30, 2012 at 07:36 AM in reply to 40some
      Even if the meth maker sold drugs for the rest of their life, it would take decades to pay off that bill. I say, let them die! Refuse them treatment.
      • reply
        by Anonymous on Feb 1, 2012 at 05:14 AM in reply to 3 million?
        R u really that heartless? Let them die? How about pray for their soul and a recovery with a chance at a productive life.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 30, 2012 at 02:29 AM
    Hopefully the cost of the cleanup will be charged to the cook.
  • by Shine Location: NE NC on Jan 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    KABOOM !!!!! Idiots blending chemicals.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138302254 - witn.com/a?a=138302254
Gray Television, Inc.