Murder Charges After Victim Dies At Greenville Hospital

Two men will be charged with murder after police say a shooting victim died this morning at a Greenville hospital.

Jonathan Nixon and James Powell were arrested shortly after the shooting on Blandwood Drive in Rocky Mount and initially charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. Police say Jessie Joyner died today at Vidant Medical Center around 7:15 a.m.

Police say the two suspects and another man were involved in a verbal dispute near the victim. They say one of the suspects fired from their vehicle, hitting Joyner while he was in the driveway. The other man was not injured.

Rocky Mount police will consult with the District Attorney's Office today and upgrade the charges to first degree murder against the two.

• by Anonymous on Mar 22, 2012 at 08:29 AM
    Way to go you are stuck now, what you gonna do? Call on the lord if you can.
  • by Leroy Location: Goldsboro on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    These fine youngs mens they justs took the wrong ways in life. Gives them a chance peoples. Theys deserve some hole time no doubts. Lets them free in a few year and hopes they would bes better mens.
      by chelle on Mar 22, 2012 at 01:01 PM in reply to Leroy
      really if it was ur son who died what would u want? his second child was born just hrs before he did he will never gt to see his son or vice versa his parents will never gt to talk to their child again who wqas in his driveway
  • by AgainandAgain on Mar 21, 2012 at 05:57 PM
    It starts with giving one whole ethnic segment of the population free everything, and then opening up the southern border to illegal immigrants to do the work that used to be available to the previously mentioned population. After several generations of this policy, all work ethic is lost by the group on the dole. Lack of jobs is not affecting these guys, they never had the slightest intention to work. I have a friend who is a high school teacher, and she frequently comes home with stories about these youths openly flaunting the fact that "we ain't going to work, we gonna get a check, we don't have to learn anything". End the welfare system, close the border, and deport the illegals. It will still take a generation or two to get the U.S. back on track, but the longer we wait to take action, the worse it's going to get.
      by ME on Mar 21, 2012 at 06:36 PM in reply to AgainandAgain
      It is so sad that this segment of the population can't or won't start an all out effort to do anything it takes to reduce this problem,you folks are the only ones that can change things.No politician,doesn't matter what party or color are going to give you ANYTHING UNLESS IT'S FOR THEIR BENIFIT,OR TO KEEP YOU UNDER THEIR CONTROL.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 21, 2012 at 05:25 PM
    They deserve the death penalty.
  • by I Don't Understand on Mar 21, 2012 at 04:27 PM
    NONE of my friends EVER pulled a gun or knife on ANYONE EVER. People that I SAW carry a gun/knife were automaticly off my list of friends. I've never seen anything more than a fist fight. I guess it might have something to do with being a white male, but I'dunno....Choose your friends wisely!
  • by Really??? on Mar 21, 2012 at 03:48 PM
    These guys are punks and cowards! I hope that they meet their fate in prison so that my tax dollars do not have to take care of them!
  • by Turnip on Mar 21, 2012 at 03:08 PM
    The faces of cowereds
  • by KenD Location: Greensboro on Mar 21, 2012 at 01:33 PM
    You take my friend away from his friends, family, and hs child that was just born because ya wanna fight? Cold hearted humans! My heart goes out to the Joyner family, his baby, baby mother, and friends! Jessie was a guy that always had a smile on his face even if it hurt him! I love and miss you Jessie!
  • by Barry Location: Atlanta on Mar 21, 2012 at 01:31 PM
    Is it EVER EVER EVER that serious that someone has to lose A LIFE over a disagreement. As someone who grew up in NC, it pains me to continue to see our YOUNG Black Community Self destruct. Makes zero sense AT ALL!!! The world already has its own challenges. One man playing GOD over another is such a SHAME!!!
  • by Makes Me Sick on Mar 21, 2012 at 01:06 PM
    This crime is an indication of what has happened in Rocky Mount. Go out during the day even and count how many thugs are out and up to no good. No jobs so they make murder and armed robbery their job. They just robbed a storage place in broad daylight this week. I live in the country and I like it that way. I work in Rocky Mount and I hate to even come here to work. But as long as our Democrats dish out the free help, I am sure it will be accepted.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 143646446 - witn.com/a?a=143646446