More Interims Fill Command Slots At Greenville PD

There are more interims in Greenville city government.

Interim Police Chief Joe Bartlett has announced two temporary appointments to fill the department's command staff.

Captain Ted Sauls will move up to serve Bartlett's old job as interim deputy chief. In Sauls place, Lieutenant Chris Ivey will step in as interim patrol bureau commander.

Bartlett, according to a new release, had planned to retire, but has agreed to stay on during the transition period.

The city says more permanent assignments will be made once city council hires a new city manager, and that manager then hires a new police chief.

Within a several week period, Greenville lost its city manager, police chief and public works director.

• by Ozone Location: Belhaven on Mar 10, 2012 at 03:39 AM
    Ted Sauls is the real deal---You folks in Greenville should be honored to have him.
  • by Bettye Location: Greenville on Mar 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM
    I cannot find the article on feeling saft in Greenvile. I hope people see this. I was sitting in my home and was robbed. I thought this would never happen to me. I heard something at my door and I walked toward the door and the next thing I knew there was a gun in my face. I was so shocked that all I saw was that black gun. The lock to my door was broken. To this day I am afraid to sit with my door open. I did fixed the lock. No one should be afraid in their own house. I feel that moving is not going to stop people that are determoned to rob someone. It is a bad feeling to be scared in your own home. People keep your doors locked and do not open for people yo do not know. I feel no one understand my fear.
  • by Alan Location: Greenville on Mar 9, 2012 at 08:18 PM
    I hope these men get the support they deserve. Best of luck.
  • by Deryck Wilson Location: Greenville on Mar 9, 2012 at 06:45 PM
    Excellent choice with Ted Sauls. Management is doing things right, but leadership is doing the right things. That guy is a leader. He should be the permanent police chief pick. GPD needs leadership, especially in this time of transition. Good luck!
  • by 2centsworth Location: greenville on Mar 9, 2012 at 06:38 PM
    I am a friend of both Ted Sauls and Chris Ivey and they are good men and deserve all the support needed to do there jobs. I wish them well.
  • by Col. Colt Location: ENC on Mar 9, 2012 at 05:43 PM
    Another demo ship sinking.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142119333 - witn.com/a?a=142119333