Report Of Robbery In Greenville Parking Lot In Broad Daylight

Lawmen are searching for a robber after a report of a hold-up in broad daylight in Greenville.

The report indicates it happened this morning at Stanton Square on Stantonsburg Road.

Police say initial reports indicated a person was held-up by an armed robber in a parking lot near Bowen Cleaners. They have now told WITN the robber was not believed to be armed and are calling it a "snatch and grab" theft.

Police do say they have a suspect.

• by Dave Location: Wilson on Feb 1, 2012 at 09:15 AM
    You can carry open or concealed in Food Lion. I am not sure why people are saying this. But I would avoid the McDonalds in Farmville. They have a "no concealed carry" sign.
      by Tom on Feb 1, 2012 at 09:50 AM in reply to Dave
      I agree...There is nothing illegal or against company policy to carry in Food Lion...I do it all the time, both open and concealed carry.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 1, 2012 at 05:58 AM
    This story, and indeed this story's headline, underscores a troubling, all too pervasive attitude: That somehow, things like this just aren't supposed to happen "in broad daylight". Such is the thinking of the born victim. In today's world, one must always be aware of one's surroundings, be it night OR day. Being legally armed is a great idea, but it counts for nothing if you allow yourself to be taken by surprise. Just about all victims of crimes such as this one all say the same thing: "I never saw him coming, he just came out of nowhere." No, he was there all along...you just weren't paying attention. Wake up, folks. The two-legged predators ARE out there, and they're paying attention. Are you?
      by Observant on Feb 1, 2012 at 07:09 AM in reply to
      Excellent point...people today can't put their phones down long enough to pay attention, they expect the Police to be everywhere all the time and that's not possible. We the people are just as responsible for reporting crime/suspicious activity and protecting our communities as law enforcement but that understanding seems to be unheard of these days for some reason...
        by Anonymous on Feb 1, 2012 at 08:13 AM in reply to Observant
        Thanks for the backup, Observant. I didn't mention this in my previous comment, but I'm a full-time LEO, and you nailed it: We [the police] can't be everywhere at once. I fully support the right of our law-abiding folks to keep and bear arms. When all other options are out, a .45 on your hip is a lot more comfort than a 911 dispatcher on the phone!
  • by S Location: Pitt county on Jan 31, 2012 at 06:58 PM
    I certainly hope the new Mayor that I voted for & the City Council DO SOMETHING & SOON! Please hire a new Chief who cracks down on all the lazy vicious thugs who are roaming the streets like predators looking for their next victim. We certainly don't need any more "hug a thug" programs...they DON't WORK! The only thing these criminals understand is tough prison time so its about time we gave it to them...The voters also need to remember the names of all the liberal Judges and District Attorney who are setting these lowlifes free to roam the streets time & time again...If we want to take back our city,its going to be at the voting box....
  • by Stan Location: G'ville on Jan 31, 2012 at 04:50 PM
    This is how society becomes when people turn their backs on God and on the teachings found in the Bible.
  • by d Location: greenville on Jan 31, 2012 at 02:34 PM
    That doesnt suprise me , its probably the same lazy people that park on the sidewalk there next to the building,If the Greenville PD would do their jobs and start giving tickets to those lazy (probably dont have dr. license ) either people that square would be alot safer.
  • by rusty Location: aurora on Jan 31, 2012 at 01:30 PM
    What would happen to me if I killed someone who was trying to rob me and I had a permit to carry a weapon? Would it be self-defense? would I go to jail? What?
      by anyman on Jan 31, 2012 at 01:44 PM in reply to rusty
      they should give you a medal
  • by good guy on Jan 31, 2012 at 01:05 PM
    well mr. bad guy if u think that your are tuff and wont to pick on the weak wait until you come across me or someone else with a concealed carry. ill make sure the police know who the bad guy is because you will be laying there when they get there.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    No big surprise! That whole side of town just needs to be written off. Too bad the hospital is in the middle of it.
  • by Greenville Daylight Robbery on Jan 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    The headline doesn't even shock me anymore. Seems like business as usual. Another reason I never go to Greenville.
      by Please stay away on Jan 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM in reply to Greenville Daylight Robbery
      That is why we dont have walls. All people who hate it can leave whenever they want. Thanks for improving our quality of life.
        by Anonymous on Jan 31, 2012 at 02:49 PM in reply to Please stay away
        I wish Greenville DID have walls. With barbed wire on the INSIDE and armed guards for anyone who tried to get out. You can keep all of your thugs to yourself.
          by Citizen on Jan 31, 2012 at 05:01 PM in reply to
          Obviously, you aren't from Greenville or you would know something about sentence structure and grammar.
        by Greenville Daylight Robbery on Jan 31, 2012 at 09:14 PM in reply to Please stay away
        I haven't been to G-Troit in 12 years. MY quality of life has been great. The little town I live in has had 1 shooting/murder in the last 8 years. I'll bet you can't say that. But I'm sure you're proud of all these gangsta/thugs you have...are you dating one of them yourself?
  • by Smiley on Jan 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    Where?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138396579 - witn.com/a?a=138396579