One Of Four Greenville Robbery Suspects Appears Before Judge

One of four men charged in the recent spree of fast food restaurant robberies in Greenville went before a judge Thursday afternoon.

All four suspects are charged with the armed robbery of the Burger King on North Memorial Drive in Greenville on December 30. Marcus Garrett and Prentise Wilkins are also charged with robbing the KFC on Greenville Blvd. on January 6. Dashaun Spruill and Trevin Gibson are charged in the hold up of the Bojangles on Farmville Blvd. back on November 17.

Greenville Police are not saying if they believe the four are involved in other armed robberies in the east. According to court records, no other agencies have filed charges against these men.

Gibson went before the judge late Thursday afternoon and was given a court-appointed attorney. His next court date is March 8th. The cases against Garrett, Spruill and Wilkins were continued.

In addition to the Pitt County fast food robberies, armed robberies occurred last month in Snow Hill, Goldsboro, Tarboro, Washington, Williamston, New Bern and Wilson.

• by Jody Location: Winterville on Feb 18, 2012 at 01:07 PM
    It's pretty sad the amount of racist people who look at this website. Sure, these guys are crooks and deserve to go to jail. But seriously, what's with these comments? WITN should create a policy that all people who post comments must include their real name and a picture. Most of the idiots who post asinine comments are too cowardly to say who they are and only say what they say because they are hidden. Cowards.
      by Truth on Feb 20, 2012 at 02:56 PM in reply to Jody
      The easiest way to curb racism is to stop living the stereotypes put forth by racists. In my life time, all people in this country have received a free public education and some groups have been given everything and more on a silver platter, but still behave in ways that perpetuate the age-old beliefs. People have choices. Practice acceptable social behavoir.
  • by Dave Location: morehead on Feb 17, 2012 at 07:31 AM
    Am I the only one that thinks we should drop all these thugs off on a deserted island in the pacific and just let them fend for themselves. If that were the punishment it would do a lot to deter crime.
  • by obamanot on Feb 17, 2012 at 02:53 AM
    They probably got twenty curtain climbers between them only to follow in their footsteps.
      by Free Lunches on Feb 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM in reply to obamanot
      Good thing we have free lunches at the public schools. Otherwise their "curtain crawlers" might have to starve. I'm proud to support (feed & house) these unwanted children that the young criminals have abandoned. It's the American dream to work all your life to support someone else's offspring (albeit accidental breeding), esp. the children of such fine young men.
  • by Otis Location: Bath on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM
    Four suspects charged in the recent armed robbery spree of fast food restaurants,. Now for the next 25 years these idiots will get a cheap bologna sandwich for lunch and no cheese. LOL
      by 25 Years? on Feb 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM in reply to Otis
      They'll be released in 5 years, unless they murder someone while in prison.
  • by Why? on Feb 16, 2012 at 08:02 PM
    Why are so many young black men commiting so many armed robberies?
      by Tootsie on Feb 16, 2012 at 09:41 PM in reply to Why?
      I guess they voted for Obama on a promise of a job stimulas plan job? I guess they did not get '1' - Funny I still never got any $$$$$ from the rich people Obama said we would get. Heck we all got '2' tax free checks from GW Bush. Can I vote for Bush again?
      by Business Man on Feb 16, 2012 at 09:55 PM in reply to Why?
      This comment has been deleted.
        by Racist Comment on Feb 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM in reply to Business Man
        Gee, That Was Offensive! I don't understand how your comment got posted. WITN usually doesn't allow the plain truth to be posted here.
          by I on Feb 17, 2012 at 02:26 PM in reply to Racist Comment
          Agree
  • by Douglas Location: Greenville on Feb 16, 2012 at 07:16 PM
    When we get to hear their side, all of us will understand this was a misunderstanding.
  • by Shine Location: NE NC on Feb 16, 2012 at 05:11 PM
    I believe in innocent until proven guilty..... well a little bit. Let me put the bracelets on these and carry them to somewhere it will cost then NO gas money.
  • by PRAYING TIME Location: ENC on Feb 16, 2012 at 04:48 PM
    Why can't we ALL just get along? On judgement day noone will be picked by the color of their skin nor the crimes that they have committed. Let's try to help people that are in need, instead of trying to put a label on everyone. I'm sure that a lot of us have things in our past that have not been legal. Even if it was failing to stop for a stop sign. Come on world let's all just PRAY for one another.. I don't care who have a negative comment to make about my post because I LOVE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      by OK, when? on Feb 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM in reply to PRAYING TIME
      When is this "Judgment Day"? I hear about it in popular culture. The religious freaks talk about it all the time. I think I saw the movie, but which one? Should I pack a few things a few days before? Maybe an overnight bag or just a change of clothes? I've got some luggage.
        by wow on Feb 17, 2012 at 08:21 AM in reply to OK, when?
        make sure you pack shorts an a tank top.. ohh yea and bring plenty of water.. its gonna be purty hot...
  • by Seriously? Location: ENC on Feb 16, 2012 at 03:23 PM
    Yes, they are liberal with sentences. Give a white man convicted of a crime...prison. Give a black man convicted of a crime....EOMP. EOMP is with stipulations they will obtain certain goals...i.e., a high school education, a job, etc. What self-respecting thug wants a high school education or job? just is not going to happen...
  • by grifton on Feb 16, 2012 at 02:59 PM
    I'm thinking that the NC teacher's union won't be using thes as their finest examples!
      by Jody on Feb 16, 2012 at 05:51 PM in reply to grifton
      Honestly, what the heck does this have to do with teacher unions? And, by the way, NC doesn't have unions, so there is no such thing as a "NC teacher's union" in our fine state.
        by Jane Doe on Feb 16, 2012 at 07:42 PM in reply to Jody
        NC may not have a teacher's union but NC does have unions. My husband belongs to one. He works in NC.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139427798 - witn.com/a?a=139427798