Greenville Man Arrested For Attempted Robbery At ATM

A man who tried to rob another man in broad daylight at a Greenville ATM has been arrested.

Greenville police say they have arrested 21-year-old Justin Tyson of Winterville and charged him with attempted larceny. They say Tyson tried to snatch money from a man standing at the ATM at Stanton Square Shopping Center on January 31st.

Tyson did not get any money in the attempt and he's now being held under a $5,000 bond.

• by Biker Dude Location: over by the ATM on Feb 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    I can say I have never been robbed by violence. I don't know what's wrong I go to the ATM all times of the night and day and not a soul messes with me. I'm just an ordinary white man 6'4" 240 pounds who is very into leather spikes and chains what's wrong with me? Come on guys rob me sometime. I promise not to show you my .45 unless you show me your gun first.
      by George on Feb 10, 2012 at 04:52 PM in reply to Biker Dude
      Funny!
      by Anonymous on Feb 11, 2012 at 01:20 PM in reply to Biker Dude
      Some thugs can tell by body language who can be an easy victim and who not to mess with.
        by Formerly O.L.I. on Feb 11, 2012 at 02:42 PM in reply to
        Agree.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Feb 11, 2012 at 02:46 PM in reply to Biker Dude
      A little leather outerwear ain't so bad. I might consider buying an ATM/anti-hijacking outfit like that one. It sounds cool too. No joke, and maybe even wear it on my daily grocery excursions. I'm a chick though; will it work the same for me? (Less than 150 lbs., 4.5 height)I'm totally serious.
  • by George Location: Greenville on Feb 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    If you want to see his mug shot go here: http://www.reflector.com/jail-booking/123901
      by Anonymous on Feb 10, 2012 at 03:02 PM in reply to George
      Not surprising.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:27 AM
    say it ain't so.
  • by Dr. Unks Location: G-vegas on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:21 AM
    Only $5K bail, what is this world coming to?
      by Sadly True on Feb 10, 2012 at 08:14 AM in reply to Dr. Unks
      He didn't try to steal from a bank or financial institution so he'll get a slap on the wrist. Had he robbed from a bank he'd be hit with a stiffer penalty than if he'd murdered the guy at the ATM and took his money.
  • by David on Feb 10, 2012 at 06:57 AM
    While the neverending crime in Greenville is a depressing reality, it brightens my day when the headline has the word "ARRESSTED" in it. Good job GPD!
  • by Citizen X Location: Greenville on Feb 10, 2012 at 06:08 AM
    Just another day in G-troit.
  • by Luis Location: Greenville on Feb 10, 2012 at 05:54 AM
    5000 dollar bond for an attempted robbery are you fricking kidding me.
      by swagggggg on Feb 11, 2012 at 06:51 PM in reply to Luis
      stop taLKING BOUT MY COUSIN
  • by Biker mom on Feb 10, 2012 at 05:03 AM
    It's really sad to see what this world is coming to. Young people have no mentors to look up to and with the jobless rate, people will fight to survive. Pray for our young people. Don't judge, you never know when you may be in their shoes. Life is getting tougher and people are getting more aggressive in their fight for life. Stay alert and pray.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Feb 10, 2012 at 06:17 AM in reply to Biker mom
      Prayer is a good thing to practice. Self-defense is a good thing to practice too, especially at the ATM with a gun on you.
      by Sorry Ma but....... on Feb 10, 2012 at 06:57 AM in reply to Biker mom
      Sorry Ma, but I've been taught better than to rob. Why provide excuses for this situation? The jobless rate? Survival? I may be way off, but I doubt that this 21 year old cares about the jobless rate, or was doing this to 'survive'.
      by seriously biker mom? on Feb 10, 2012 at 08:00 AM in reply to Biker mom
      Don't judge? Obviously you weren't the one who was getting robbed. How naive. Yeah, praying is going to keep the robbers away.
      by crazy mom on Feb 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM in reply to Biker mom
      Are you for real??? The economy is down in my home too but I am not going out to steal and rob. This is a trained behavior by wannabe gang members and thugs...this is not some down and out family member who is really trying to eat and feed family...get back on your bike and head out to South Dakota!!
  • by Biker mom on Feb 10, 2012 at 05:03 AM
  • by CC on Feb 10, 2012 at 04:38 AM
    I hate to say it, but I lay a lot of the crime at the governments feet. If groups of people are given money, etc. every month, and basically told, you never have to work, that is the mentality you get. Many are taught from birth, take what you can, the government owes you, and you are not responsible for your actions, what more do you expect? You can't change the mindset that has been drilled into their minds from birth, only to be reinforced by certain groups that defend their every action, and if caught, it's always racism.
      by Oberservant One on Feb 10, 2012 at 06:19 AM in reply to CC
      Agree! Agree! Great points...
      by nightrain on Feb 10, 2012 at 06:26 AM in reply to CC
      I used to work at Food Lion during college. Every day I saw women giving their children food stamp bills to buy candy. They would tell their child, here is your money. We as taxpayers have let this happen by doing nothing. It's not "government assistance," it's "government living." Generation after generation, after generation. Entitlement at it's finest. If the governmmment checks aren't big enough (taxpayer's money) we'll just take it from the taxpayer's directly.
      by Tyler on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:02 AM in reply to CC
      Not being rude, but could you please point me to the thousands of decent paying job openings that exist in eastern north carolina. Yes, there are jobs available at WalMart which don't even pay a decent wage so that a person can survive from one paycheck to another. In this area private sector jobs offer little income, and the citizens want the government jobs eliminated.
        by Anonymous on Feb 10, 2012 at 08:57 AM in reply to Tyler
        There are plenty of jobs that illegal immigrants do because Americans are too lazy to do them. Minimum wage is decent. If you want to earn more, work harder - show up early and work late - be the best, invest in yourself and learn a skilled trade... You are just making excuses for people who are being lazy and do not want to put the effort in that is required to succeed.
          by Tyler on Feb 10, 2012 at 09:48 AM in reply to
          I apologize to all conservatives for even sharing the same air you breath. Though I own a business that provides employment for a few workers, pay taxes, and am a US Army Vietnam veteran, I realize that lazy, liberal, charitable, stupid,and criminal are all adjectives that best describe people like me. Why do I even want to continue living?
          by Anonymous on Feb 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM in reply to
          @Tyler: charitable isn't one I would use. Also, if you're a business owner, aren't you one of those that won't pay a "living wage"? Anon is right, people need to invest in themselves before asking somone else to invest in them.
      by Wrong! on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:08 AM in reply to CC
      The government is not to blame. They're just trying to help. The people that have birthed more children than they can support are the root of the problem. Too many people, not enough jobs/food/etc. The government is expected to care for any & all humans born in the USA (among other countries) for humanity's sake. In nature, the weak & over-populated would die. But our government has taken upon itself to keep EVERYONE alive. (no matter how many babies are born) Where do you draw the line? Will EVERYONE in the USA have to live below the poverty line just so we can all survive? What happens after that? What then? How do we feed the masses?
        by Anonymous on Feb 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM in reply to Wrong!
        Scariest words in the English language: We're from the government and we're here to help.
      by JG on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:15 AM in reply to CC
      Spot on.
      by Anonymous on Feb 10, 2012 at 07:27 AM in reply to CC
      Well said and do not feel bad about telling the absolute truth.
        by Wrong! on Feb 10, 2012 at 08:38 AM in reply to
        You're Just As Wrong...You're blaming the wrong entity. The sad thing is, if enough people (like you) agree with this train of thought, the problem will never be solved.
        by CC on Feb 10, 2012 at 08:55 AM in reply to
        Oh, believe me, I don't feel bad for telling the truth. In my long career, I've seen it all too often, and the general population and our elected officials are too scared to say it. I've always said, the best way to curb crime is to eliminate ANY assistance if a person is convicted of a serious misdemeanor or any felony. Cut the money off and lengthen prison sentences, and the crime rate would drop.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139078389 - witn.com/a?a=139078389