First On WITN: Police Investigating Armed Robbery At Farmville Bojangles

Farmville police say they are investigating an armed robbery at a Bojangles.

Authorities say three men who had guns and were all wearing masks robbed the restaurant at 9:30pm Monday night. The Bojangles is located on Cooperative Way, right off of US Highway 264.

According to Farmville police, they believe the suspects fled in a silver SUV with an unknown amount of money. No one was hurt during the incident.

If you have any information that could help police in this case, you are asked to call the Farmville Police Department at (252) 753-4111.

• by well on Jan 11, 2012 at 06:51 AM
    must be some hungry people in this world, if your gonna rob something a bank sounds more reasonable.
  • by Jamie Location: Greenville on Jan 10, 2012 at 09:41 PM
    Sounds to me, that alot of you "Western Gunslingers" are armed, willing, and able. A bunch of internet, paranoid cowards if you ask me. Everyone is so big and bad, until a gun is pointed in your face. Always talking about what you would've done. Stop the bellyaching. Things are the way that they are. Having served in the US Army, qualified on a 9mm Beretta and an M-16 A2, until you've experienced gunning down another human being and taking a life, you would'nt be so quick to "gun sling." I don't condone robbery or any crime, but Im sick of all the internet thuggery in ENC. All of you gun toting, rooting tooting so-called heroes will pull the trigger while closing your eyes and squeezing!!
      by Rogelio on Jan 11, 2012 at 07:04 AM in reply to Jamie
      Sounds like a confession to me.......Word!
  • by Obama Snake Oil co Location: Washington on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:30 PM
    I am just glad these DNC fundraisers only last a year then things go to low profile. I know its going to be tough for Obimbo to seek re election but man...15 trillion in debt? He will have to have the DNC do a lot more damage control than Bojangles. He is going to have to hit Warren Buffet, Lavon, Barlow and George Soros for more money! So this is the new hopey changey, we believe times we were told? Unemployment so low people will resort to robbing Bojangles....emm, emm, emmm...we can do better than that.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:21 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil co
      And remember...Obama is not in debt; we are.
      by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2012 at 07:35 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil co
      LOL You are a sad idiot.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:15 PM
    Have you ever heard of an armed robbery at a gun show? Laws don't stop crime - courageous people do.
  • by Multi-verse on Jan 10, 2012 at 02:24 PM
    I wish I could show you all an alternate reality. One where every business that gets robbed, closes down. Then all the workers are left jobless. No more Bojangles in that area for a few years either. So, just in the last few months, a KFC, a new Popeye's, a Taco Bell and several other businesses would be closed. We wouldn't have many places to eat anymore. Eventually, without other targets, the robbers would rob EVERY BUSINESS in the area. Suddenly, the only stores open would be automated (self-pump) gas stations and grocery stores ith high security and armed guards. Banks would go even further and have fencing & moats around them. You'd need an appointment just to get inside...if you had clearance. But nobody would have any money in the bank because most of the local jobs have been eliminated by robbers.
      by Donald on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:20 PM in reply to Multi-verse
      It's not an "alternate reality": You're describing Detroit.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:36 PM in reply to Multi-verse
      Yes; I've said it before, like 'Thunderdome'. It's the end of times as predicted in Revelations also. Now, will wait to have my post torn apart by buzzards and those who believe in paganism, like the western NC mother.
  • by Wow Location: ENC on Jan 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    It's amazing how many people here simply refuse to defend themselves. Depend on the po po to protect you and your loved ones if you want. I'll be carrying a tool to defend me and mine. When you abdicate your personal responsibility to protect you and your family, and expect a government representative (the police) to protect you, you are living on borrowed time. I like cops, but if the best response times can be measured in minutes. A lot of damage can be done in a couple of minutes if you are unable to defend yourself. Wake up, people.
      by Armed on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:09 PM in reply to Wow
      Yep. I love my family too much to go unarmed.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:40 PM in reply to Wow
      Because honest working people aren't given store advice and authorization to protect themselves, in this scenario. Honest working people don't wake up everyday 'packing' to go to their jobs because they aren't trained to do so, nor warned to do so. Honest working people don't get up thinking, "I may have to kill someone today in order to make it home alive." Wake up Wow.
        by Wow on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:15 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        I am awake. You are not. You are prime victim. If you don't care enough to take perfectly reasonable measures to protect you and your family, so be it. I wasn't specifically talking about the restaurant employee. I was talking about every law abiding citizen. I'd like to see every law abiding citizen openly carrying a handgun or other firearm. I'd like it to be no more noteworthy than a carpenter carrying his tool belt. The crime rate would fall drastically. It is a mystery to me why people refuse to carry a tool to protect themselves and/or their family when and where it is legal to do so. You have the right not to arm yourself. I have the right to do so.
          by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 05:13 PM in reply to Wow
          Oh, trust me; I never 'posted' that I personally don't take measures to protect my family/self. I said these 'working people aren't given store advice and authorization to protect themselves, in this scenario." Reread; comprehend; understand.
      by Rambo on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:25 PM in reply to Wow
      Wow, getting a gun put in your face by three thugs at Bojangles at 8:30 pm is a little different than being at home with family. Like you, intruder beware, unless you want some double ought buckshot. My question to you, would you have tried to shoot all three thugs if you had been there?
        by Wow on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:57 PM in reply to Rambo
        I don't know what I would have done. But I would have had the option to protect myself. Depends on the circumstances. A local store owner shot and killed an armed robber several years ago. That store is isolated out in the country. It has never been robbed since. But if I felt that my life or the life of another was in immediate danger, yes I would tried to shoot all three if I felt that they were getting ready to shoot me or someone else. Why not? By the way. I have been shot at. I have 30 years experience in law enforcement.
  • by Nicole Location: Farmville on Jan 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    I was robbed at the Pizza Hut in Farmville! I doesn't take much for these guys to be customers and then hit the place. It doesn't surprise me what goes on in Farmville anymore! I'm glad everyone there got through this without getting hurt! It's time for more security for these workers for something bad happens and then what?
  • by Jeff on Jan 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    Even when these guys are caught, they won't spend enough time in prision. That is the problem the penalty for criminals is not stiff enough.
  • by laura Location: greenville on Jan 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    The idea of giving fast food employees guns is insane- most of these places hire very young help, and frankly, if they can't manage to correctly fill a paper bag, I certainly don't trust them to manage a loaded gun. Most robbers aren't going to harm the staff, they just want money, and the little bit of cash they get isn't worth the liability of having a loaded weapon sitting around with a bunch of teens. Just give them the cash, keep your head down, and call the police when they leave. These thugs will be caught, but it's not the responsibility of min. wage workers to do anything but protect their own safety, and overwhelmingly, situations where there are TWO guns involved ends in the wrong person being shot. That aside, you couldn't pay me enough to sell chicken right now.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:26 PM in reply to laura
      An alarm system, including a discretionary button under the counter that alerts local LE when pressed, would be a start.
  • by Hamburgler Location: Roble, Roble on Jan 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    I hope these thugs don't hurt anyone at these places. These are hard working folks not making much money and shouldn't be asked to put thier lives on the line. Just give them what they want, it's not worth getting hurt over, let the police handle that.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136993143 - witn.com/a?a=136993143